Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Alberto

Johnson have some dignity

As of last year and this I've watched from close range at LJ rant at the 4th official for the slightest of incidents on the pitch. Quite frankly it's embarrassing and uncomfortable to watch. I wish him well as that would mean the results we all want would be delivered, but i think he should direct his frustration elsewhere. What is the guy on the touch line going to do for him...

• Confused 1
  • Snake 2

6 hours ago, Alberto said:

As of last year and this I've watched from close range at LJ rant at the 4th official for the slightest of incidents on the pitch. Quite frankly it's embarrassing and uncomfortable to watch. I wish him well as that would mean the results we all want would be delivered, but i think he should direct his frustration elsewhere. What is the guy on the touch line going to do for him...

Wow you've found a new way to have a go a LJ. I mean that's actually really impressive! Given that's been on here. So I'll at least give you marks for originality. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

The fourth official has a mic that he can speak to the ref and linesmen on, which is often why the managers turn to them to explain (or criticise!) decisions. Unfortunately, especially when the likes of Bruce or Warnock are in the opposing technical area, you have to 'fight your corner' as it probably does make a bit of difference in the refs decision making.

• Like 6

I didn't think he had a chance to have a go as Bruce was permanently shouting and screaming at him all night. Apart from the handball incident thought he was quite quiet.i don't think that Bruce stood in his technical area all game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Interesting topic to choose for first post 

hmmmmmmm

:whistle:

:whistle2:

Indeed. "Now, lets see, what new angle can I find to criticise?"

How about his choice of shoes?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Leveller said:

In fairness his shirt sleeves were far too long last night, he had far too much cuff on display for my liking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The jacket was def an off cut from his sofa and he clearly borrowed his shirt from Harry Hill. I just hope he had a brown belt on to compliment the brown shoes as you don't wear Braaaan into Taaaan!

I'd rather he was shouting at the fourth official than stood sipping coffee from a thermos mug or under an umbrella. 

On a side note when I got back I watched some of the game back and the comments at the end (after the Aston Villa show) The Irish lad said you can see Lee Johnson is a coach with how City play. Maybe what he is trying to achieve is beginning to translate on the pitch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, City Ben said:

In fairness his shirt sleeves were far too long last night, he had far too much cuff on display for my liking.

Funny you say that - they were taking the P on the Villa Forum saying did he buy his jacket when he was 15 as the jacket was too small and the sleeves were too short  for him !!! 

:laughcont:

It doesn't matter one jot really but he definitely sees himself as Tisdale or Italian style type manager !!!!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Funny you say that - they were taking the P on the Villa Forum saying did he buy his jacket when he was 15 as the jacket was too small and the sleeves were too short  for him !!! 

We were saying how we thought he could pass for a geography teacher - his jacket had elbow pads as well :smartass:

3 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

We were saying how we thought he could pass for a geography teacher - his jacket had elbow pads as well :smartass:

Nailed it 

Geography teacher :clap:

Made me laugh ;) :laughcont:

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watched on Sky as I have the summer man flu - before and after LJ spoke very eloquently - I agree his shirt was a tad Harry Hill - but his reactions during the game looked fine to me, no worse than Bruce - I am not his biggest fan but he came across very well imo and quite passionate during the game

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alberto said:

Quite frankly your embarrassing

• Like 2

Are you having problems at home?

• Haha 2
  • Snake 1

What about Steve Bruce jabbing his finger at the 4th official constantly? Including just seconds after Villa scored.

Perhaps if the 4th official was competent, he'd have constrained Bruce to his technical area rather than allowing him free rein of the city to the point he was obstructing his own players taking throw ins at times.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

If he sat and did nothing a la steve mclaren people would moan. LJ can't win with some.

personally I think we're seeing enough from the team to justify at least a little faith in him

To be fair, some fans have already complained on here this season that he does this! Basically he needs to calm down and show more passion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

LJ does seem to perform for the telly. The last couple of games he's been sat in the dugout or stood motionless in his square. Last night he was gesturing like a raver at our players. Perhaps that's the thinking of the white cuffs - easily visible from distance...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Would I be correct in thinking that if Lee had remained quiet and statuesque in his dug out that the OP would be about moaning about 'growing a pair' and lack of passion?

No further questions m'lud

20 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

LJ does seem to perform for the telly. The last couple of games he's been sat in the dugout or stood motionless in his square. Last night he was gesturing like a raver at our players. Perhaps that's the thinking of the white cuffs - easily visible from distance...

White gloves, glow stick, hi viz vest and his own whistle (or chupa chup).

That'd liven things up, need to get the P.A. sorted though.

If we're going Old Skool we may as well all meet up at a service station before going to the match, oh hang on...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nailed it 

Geography teacher :clap:

Made me laugh ;) :laughcont:

I couldn't make it last night but I'm sure in commentary they caught LJ laughing and the commentator said something like "you've got to laugh in that jacket"!!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Don't get me started on his jacket!.

Agreed. It looked like a floor mat. Just awful. #sackthestylist

floor mmmats.jpg

I think LJ is quite tidy on the touch line , hes no worse than the away managers I've seen . Maybe it's the modern way!!!

He may of had a point about a little handball .....

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

We have no ambition. We need proven Championship shoes. Big name shoes in fact. SL should get his cheque book out and get Moyes' shoes.

Edited by chinapig

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

We have no ambition. We need proven Championship shoes. Big name shoes in fact. SL should get his cheque book out and get Moyes' shoes.

there is nothing wrong with his shoes it's just the way he ties his laces I think he needs to get Kilkenny back to point him in the right direction.

• Haha 1

The only two real occasions I saw him 'have a go' we're when Bobby went down in the box and the Terry handball, both occasions you'd expect it. If no other reason than to attempt to put some pressure on, if officials think they have missed something big. He was no where near as bad as Bruce who was laying into the 4th official when corners and throw ins didn't go their way, Bruce also walked right up to the linesman on the touch line and was practically shouting in his ear at one point. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I liked his suit! Thought he looked very smart! :blink: (honest I did)

I have been to Ashton Gate and the proliferation of middle aged men with the standard beer gut, pastie eating football top wearing ensemble is obviously the norm and he should take heed.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I'm just on tenterhooks waiting for the OPS second ever post 

I might be being overly cynical, but I'd be willing to bet that this wasn't his first ever post on here. 

43 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I'm just on tenterhooks waiting for the OPS second ever post 

Where's @alberto  gone? hopefully far far away.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I liked his suit! Thought he looked very smart! :blink: (honest I did)

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Don't get me started on his jacket!.

Awful jacket.

I was waiting for a caption on the big screen.... 

video_preview_0001.jpg

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Agreed. It looked like a floor mat. Just awful. #sackthestylist

floor mmmats.jpg

If you looked closely at LJ's jacket you can see Bristol City woven into the fabric in that 'lovely' font!  Soon to be on sell in the shop.

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Personally I think we should look abroad. A nice pair of Italian shoes would be just the ticket and would show the competition that we mean business.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1