IGNORED

How can we complete with this....

Eddie Notgetinya

I don't believe in Parachute payments at all. I'm deadly serious about this, we need to alter the players expectations. They expect a wage rise when promoted, fair enough no problem with that. But to expect to stay on the same or similar wage when relegated is not on. They got relegated, take the cut and get on with it, tough. If they don't want to get less money then don't bloody well get relegated then, maybe that will be incentive to some.

When I see players like Villa had on their bench who Villa can't shift as nobody can pay their wages it's an absolute disgrace to the sport and themselves. 

I said before football is f*ckng itself and I know it is true. The silly money being paid for ordinary players will, or HAS to come back to bite the real game on the arse.

Listen to the Skysports lot and all they go on about is MONEY   and they ******* love it because they are ALL in on it. Got their noses well in the trough.

It stinks the place out.  Hate the way it's all headed

8 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Steve Lansdown via BCFC votes for the silly parachute payments and for other regulation like the EPPP both of which uphold the status quo. Its the EPL's money to do as they see fit. Its not the football leagues cash.

Clubs are behaving more responsibly due to FFP. FFP would never lead to the revolution you want because football does not work that way. It is like expecting Steve Lansdown to one morning wake up and decide he is no longer a capitalist.

Have you read any of David Conn's books?  From your knowledge on this subject, you'd love his stuff.  Fantastic writer.

8 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

As proved time and time again parachute payments Guarantee nothing . Brighton and Huddersfield did just fine without them .

I think what it does ensure is that the promoted clubs are able to spend to compete in the top division. They can spend money in the knowledge that even if they are relegated they got a safety net. This is good for competition in the Premier League, bad for the Championship. 

Long gone are the days of the likes of Derby finishing rock bottom. 

The EFL needs to come up with a solution but there will always be a knock on effect to the leagues below.

Imo the Championship needs to break away from the football league like the prem did but then this would just shift the same problem to League One, albeit on a smaller scale.

I think the whole football structure needs looking at, I am fed up of games like WBA V Stoke being on the TV.  Seriously does anyone ever watch games like that? 

I'd be in favour of the top 10 in the prem breaking away and playing each other 4 times , viewers want to watch the big clubs play each other.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Have you read any of David Conn's books?  From your knowledge on this subject, you'd love his stuff.  Fantastic writer.

I read the beautiful game. Excellent. It also is a example of why things like FFP while not perfect are an improvement. Football ten years on is still full of people who need regulating, and could never be trusted to control their own behaviour.  

The prem money will get filtered through the leagues it always does! Just look at Burnley signing Wood for £15m 

Hull selling all their team to prem sides for millions of pounds. 

Good championship players will continue to get bought by prem clubs, the more they receive the more money championship clubs will ask for. If Hull came knocking for Aden Flint we can see they have money in the bank so we can inflate his price by loads and this will and has been happening for years. I mean Oxford got £4m for Roofe and Odowda last season 

14 hours ago, RichardEdd said:

I think in 1. you are saying the same as me, the status quo will be protected. In reply to 2. I'm not saying FFP is terrible just it doesn't do a lot of what it was implied to do when it was being voted for and then introduced (or even what the name implies). Whilst the official documents do obviously lay out what it involves it certainly doesn't make it a Financially fair market. It's more of a financial responsibility plan/ financial health plan. 

And just to quickly go back to 1.  FFP also stops clubs who could 'responsibly' spend more than they earn but having a wealthy owner. So you can't have a Blackburn under Jack Walker scenario or a Man City again. SL couldn't suddenly decide to spend spend spend to get us to glory. I think you could easily have a debate whether that is good or bad but the fact is it can't really happen now unless people find and are prepared to exploit some kind of loophole (PSG at the moment maybe). . 

good explanation a financial responsibility plan/ financial health plan which is a fairer as less owners and clubs are spending irresponsibly. people seem to want FFP to be Robin Hood and its not..  

Archived