IGNORED

Villa fan take on events.

Holtey

Firstly thank you to those on here who reccomended taxis for us. We managed to get back to Temple Meads in plenty of time for the last train.

Arrived in Bristol around midday, had a walk around the place, which was really nice from what we seen. Couldn't believe the house prices in the estate agents though. Crikey.

Headed to the first pub around 1pm - The V-Shed wetherspoons on the harbour which made for a nice view sitting outside. As time went on it started getting busier so we headed into town and went in the Walkabout and Cosy Club although these weren't really our scene. Ended up in a small pub called The Shakespeare which was more home fans but very welcoming.

As for the game itself - I liked the stadium and how spacious the away end was. Thought we had a decent following and would like to think we sounded good. A draw was a fair result in my opinion. It seems that's what Bruce set up for. I'm not a fan of his but he needs more time. Baker looked very good for you, leaving us all again questioning why we let him go. We had luck with our goal and I've not seen any highlights so can't say if Terrys was a handball, or if your goal was offside.

You'll be a toughnut to crack at home this season for a lot of teams so overall I'm satisfied with the draw. Hope you enjoy the return match at VP.

1 hour ago, Holtey said:

It seems that's what Bruce set up for. I'm not a fan of his but he needs more time.

Glad you enjoyed your visit. :clap:

However, there are certain posters on this forum who do not believe in giving a Manager more time.:whistle:

1 hour ago, Holtey said:

Firstly thank you to those on here who reccomended taxis for us. We managed to get back to Temple Meads in plenty of time for the last train.

Arrived in Bristol around midday, had a walk around the place, which was really nice from what we seen. Couldn't believe the house prices in the estate agents though. Crikey.

Headed to the first pub around 1pm - The V-Shed wetherspoons on the harbour which made for a nice view sitting outside. As time went on it started getting busier so we headed into town and went in the Walkabout and Cosy Club although these weren't really our scene. Ended up in a small pub called The Shakespeare which was more home fans but very welcoming.

As for the game itself - I liked the stadium and how spacious the away end was. Thought we had a decent following and would like to think we sounded good. A draw was a fair result in my opinion. It seems that's what Bruce set up for. I'm not a fan of his but he needs more time. Baker looked very good for you, leaving us all again questioning why we let him go. We had luck with our goal and I've not seen any highlights so can't say if Terrys was a handball, or if your goal was offside.

You'll be a toughnut to crack at home this season for a lot of teams so overall I'm satisfied with the draw. Hope you enjoy the return match at VP.

As you say, I think a draw was a fair result all in all. Both teams had an even amount of possession and created 2/3 good chances each. All the best for the rest of the season, have a soft spot for Villa. 

1 hour ago, Holtey said:

Glad you enjoyed our wonderful City.

2 hours ago, Holtey said:

If you were planning to stay in Bristol overnight, you could have just booked into a Premier Inn. :noexp:

Nice post Holtey. I love the passion of football but I also love it when fans show each other respect and are honest about their teams. Great fans and great club. You all made for a great evening of Championship football. Your manager has a good track record but you can tell he has a bit to do to meet the expectations a club like yours has for its future. Thanks for Baker, he really a great prospect. Hope you enjoy Kodjia and Albert. Both have the ability to get fans out of their seats but one is loved more than the other in these parts.

Bristol is lovely City and most of us are very proud of it, even if like me you do not live there. The house prices are driven largely by London money coming in and our City is changing rapidly due to this, and many others wanting to live there. I think Brum is on the up and HS2 will certainly drive up prices in the next few years. Enjou the rest of your season and we look forward to visiting your wonderful stadium and city. Much like Bristol the Blue bits are not as glamorous.

Archived