IGNORED

Lucky Man City

palmerred

Disgraceful refereeing in the Bournemouth Vs Man City match. + 5 minutes, okay there was a minute for an altercation, but Man City scoring after 96 minutes and 43 seconds. The whistle should have been blown on 96 mins.

I sometimes wonder if these refs in the prem play until the likes of City or United score. There is no reasoning for adding nearly 2 minutes extra on for a 40 second talking to with a player.

1 minute ago, palmerred said:

Disgraceful refereeing in the Bournemouth Vs Man City match. + 5 minutes, okay there was a minute for an altercation, but Man City scoring after 96 minutes and 43 seconds. The whistle should have been blown on 96 mins.

I sometimes wonder if these refs in the prem play until the likes of City or United score. There is no reasoning for adding nearly 2 minutes extra on for a 40 second talking to with a player.

Perhaps you never hear the announcement at a game that there will be a minimum of...

I for one think that it is great to see a ref not rush to blow his whistle for the end of a game. Absolutely infuriating when a couple minutes get wasted when you're chasing a game and you don't get that time back so fair play to him. As above it is at his discretion and a MINIMUM of 'x' minutes. 

Bournemouth conceded the goal, not the ref. It is their defending that is at fault, not the ref for adding a couple minutes.

The player injured came off the pitch on 90 minutes 39 seconds, sub was on by 91 mins. The whistle should have gone on 96 mins, Man City shouldn't have got chance to score. It came off a Bournemouth attack, watch the ref as the ball bounces out area from Bournemouth chance , he puts whistle in mouth, however Man City breakaway with ball and he doesn't blow. Had Bournemouth regained possession  from their chance the ref was blowing Full Time. He decided to let City have another attack and they scored, totally wrong. Whistle to mouth meant he thought seconds left. He does this on 96 mins 9 seconds. Bent referee 

He still played about another minute after the goal once it kicked off. I was pleased that man city scored because i really dislike Bournemouth but it was all about mike Dean trying to create a late goal. 

Awful referee and has been for a long time. Sterling red was a joke.

Afobe was injured in injury time. Probably added that on but for me, did play far too long. Also the foul on Mousset wasn't a foul and should've played Bournemouth in for a chance to win. The foul led to the goal and Sterling shouldn't have been sent off. Didn't go into the stands but to the edge and the fans spilled onto the pitch. Mike Dean is a terrible referee and I dong understand why he still does premier league matches. This screamed of match fixing. Not saying that's what happened but everything in injury time went Man City's way it seemed

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Afobe was injured in injury time. Probably added that on but for me, did play far too long. Also the foul on Mousset wasn't a foul and should've played Bournemouth in for a chance to win. The foul led to the goal and Sterling shouldn't have been sent off. Didn't go into the stands but to the edge and the fans spilled onto the pitch. Mike Dean is a terrible referee and I dong understand why he still does premier league matches. This screamed of match fixing. Not saying that's what happened but everything in injury time went Man City's way it seemed

Excessive celebration is a yellow card offence. He was already on a yellow so the ref had little or no choice, given Sterling was practically in the crowd.

I don't like the law on excessive celebration but it is there so the ref is obliged to apply it.

The 1st minute of the 5 was held up due to incident surrounding the corner.  Afobe's injury took  over 1 minute to treat and was followed by the substitution so play was stopped for over 1 and half minutes for the injury and substitution.  So we already have 2 and half minutes added on to the minimum of 5 (which, as was pointed out could be 5 mins and 59 seconds) and the goal was scored in 96 mins and 43 seconds.  So even if the minimum 5 minutes was literally 5 minutes and 0 seconds the goal was scored with  plenty of time left as the minimum after the 5 was announced would have been 7 and a half.  The post goal celebrations just meant more time added on top of that.

I am sure that some people do no understand the meaning of minimum!

38 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Excessive celebration is a yellow card offence. He was already on a yellow so the ref had little or no choice, given Sterling was practically in the crowd.

I don't like the law on excessive celebration but it is there so the ref is obliged to apply it.

Some people are obsessed with rules aren't they?

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Dig your own garden, you lazy swanker.

Dig my garden, are you having a larf? Leave that to the Mrs and open another bottle. Chateaunaf du pape. ( I think that's how you spell it) smooth and tasty, it's going to be real good

2 hours ago, palmerred said:

AFCB were a dirty bunch of bastards !

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Yes but is it excessive to run up to the edge of the pitch after a goal? See it most weeks. Excessive for me is jumping into the stands which isn't what happened from what I saw. He celebrated in front of them and the fans spilled onto the pitch. Didn't matter in the end though and they've got plenty to go without Sterling for a week

2 hours ago, palmerred said:

The player injured came off the pitch on 90 minutes 39 seconds, sub was on by 91 mins. The whistle should have gone on 96 mins, Man City shouldn't have got chance to score. It came off a Bournemouth attack, watch the ref as the ball bounces out area from Bournemouth chance , he puts whistle in mouth, however Man City breakaway with ball and he doesn't blow. Had Bournemouth regained possession  from their chance the ref was blowing Full Time. He decided to let City have another attack and they scored, totally wrong. Whistle to mouth meant he thought seconds left. He does this on 96 mins 9 seconds. Bent referee 

Game restarted at pretty much bang on 91 minutes, plus another couple for the injury to afobe as well, ref was pretty much spot on to be fair. 

13 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes but is it excessive to run up to the edge of the pitch after a goal? See it most weeks. Excessive for me is jumping into the stands which isn't what happened from what I saw. He celebrated in front of them and the fans spilled onto the pitch. Didn't matter in the end though and they've got plenty to go without Sterling for a week

As I said, I don't like the law, which is particularly absurd when players are carded for taking their shirt off. But it's been in place long enough for players to know how refs will apply it.

Not always easy in the excitement of course but that doesn't make the decision wrong. It's almost inevitable a reaction like Sterling's will be judged excessive, after which the ref has no discretion.

I suspect refs would rather not have the law as it's a bit of a no win and certainly a buzz kill.

It gets my goat when refs normally add between three and five mins at the end of a game, but if there is a serious injury, hold up in the second half of say ten minutes, then they just add on the ten minutes and no other time. In other words had the long stoppage not occurred then they would supposedly have added no time whatsoever at the end of the game.

One notable exception, thank goodness, was the ref at the Brentford game who added 8 minutes which took into account a long stoppage in the second half and the normal amount of injury time.

On the subject of refs. What the heck was the difference between the pen Man Utd were awarded today where the ball struck the Leicester player on the arm and the one that wasn't given against Terry last night?

4 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

It gets my goat when refs normally add between three and five mins at the end of a game, but if there is a serious injury, hold up in the second half of say ten minutes, then they just add on the ten minutes and no other time. In other words had the long stoppage not occurred then they would supposedly have added no time whatsoever at the end of the game.

One notable exception, thank goodness, was the ref at the Brentford game who added 8 minutes which took into account a long stoppage in the second half and the normal amount of injury time.

On the subject of refs. What the heck was the difference between the pen Man Utd were awarded today where the ball struck the Leicester player on the arm and the one that wasn't given against Terry last night?

All the answers are contained in the question I think.

Archived