IGNORED

H Magnússon

Red Army 75

On 8/26/2017 at 19:32, chinapig said:

Reminds me of Richard Keogh when he was here. We knew he was a good player but the centre backs were playing well so there was no reason to drop them.

The same applies to Mags with Wright and Baker playing well. If he wants regular games and moves on you can't blame him. But if Flint goes his chance will come sooner or later and he has to seize it.

Perhaps he should bear in mind that Bobby is a similar age and has bided his time. You never know what is around the corner.

Yep, agree about Keogh, really wanted him to get a decent run in the side.

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Dave Richards, now of Crewe.

Who still hasn't had a minute of game time.  I can't wait for Garratt to get sent off or injured.

Me and Joe spent the whole of 14/15 watching Trigger in the practice goal before the game.  Nice guy.  He actually improved significantly over that season.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Who still hasn't had a minute of game time.  I can't wait for Garratt to get sent off or injured.

Me and Joe spent the whole of 14/15 watching Trigger in the practice goal before the game.  Nice guy.  He actually improved significantly over that season.

I can`t recall the exact details but Plymouth`s sub keeper came on in a game last season for some reason and that was the first time he`d got on ever. I can`t remember his name but he was about thirty and had been at about ten clubs.

On 26/08/2017 at 19:32, chinapig said:

Reminds me of Richard Keogh when he was here. We knew he was a good player but the centre backs were playing well so there was no reason to drop them.

The same applies to Mags with Wright and Baker playing well. If he wants regular games and moves on you can't blame him. But if Flint goes his chance will come sooner or later and he has to seize it.

Perhaps he should bear in mind that Bobby is a similar age and has bided his time. You never know what is around the corner.

And that's the worry... being brutally honest, Hörður wants to be  here; if Flint wants away get shot. Then we would have an international player who can compete with Baker as to who patners our skipper. I think he is a cracking player is Hörður...

On 8/26/2017 at 21:34, Phileas Fogg said:

Comes across as a pretty intelligent guy too. I wonder if that comes into our thinking when recruiting - off the top of my head Hegeler, Moore, Magnússon, Bryan and Pack all seem far brighter than your average footballer.

The squad average IQ probably shot up considerably when Tomlin left anyway.. 

Interesting you mention Hegeler being bright, Phileas. He and old teammate Stefan Reinartz actually developed the data based method for analysing football matches called "packing", which has apparently become popular in Germany the last two years. There's actually a German Wikipedia article about it, which mentions Hegeler a few times:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packing_(Fußball)

(Of course it'll need translating!)

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I really like Hörður and feel sorry for him but, at the moment, I think - even excluding Flint - we have two better centre backs plus one who offers something different. I feel for him but, at the moment, do not disagree with the decision to pick other players instead. Hope he comes good

Difficult to come good when you are not afforded a proper chance just like Engvall and by the looks of things Eliasson, my estimation is 6mil for very little return so far.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Difficult to come good when you are not afforded a proper chance just like Engvall and by the looks of things Eliasson, my estimation is 6mil for very little return so far.

Have I missed something? Eliasson has literally just arrived and already had a start and sub appearances?

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Have I missed something? Eliasson has literally just arrived and already had a start and sub appearances?

Rewind, the context of this reply was in answer to a question about Magnússon + the signing of Leko and assurances to WBA and where it will leave ODowda and Eliasson, I was speculating about the fact that ODowda seems to be LJ's go to guy from the subs bench + the treatment of Magnússon and Engvall.

And in the case of Magnússon somebody on here claimed that he was 'one for the future', he's 24 years old and a current international and has barely had a look in in his 12 months here.

So yes you have missed something.

Posted this in a transfer thread about Magnússon. Hope it's alright to post here as well as a more general discussion about his abilities. 

"In Iceland at the moment, watched Iceland vs. Ukraine last night and Magnússon started as a LB. Was up against Yarmolenko from Dortmund, had some problems for the first 15 minutes or so but then kept him quiet. If I didn't know better I would have thought he was the one playing for Dortmund."

•  

Archived