IGNORED

Another striker coming in?

A Horse With No Name

4 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I am not claiming to be itk but I have it on very good authority that we have another striker coming in on loan this week, so that will almost certainly mean that one of ours will be off, probably Taylor?

More likely Engval if anyone was to go.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I'm probably totally wrong, but I'd like to see Hinds develop here, being part of the match day squad on a regular basis.  I just worry about him going out on loan to a club who don't play anything like us, he gets lumped around and then regresses.

I've said before I'd let Matty go.  Reid is better and Woodrow much better imho, Hinds emerging, Djurić to come back over the winter, Engvall to return on loan.  Surplus to requirements.  

I know lots will disagree with me.  I'm fine with that :P

I certainly do not think we should be loaning Hinds out. Everything I have seen from him makes me feel he can contribute at this level. Regular football will come in time but I do not see a reason to get him games at a lower level than he is currently at.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i think Matty and Famara would work well - if/when Bobby goes off the boil... 

Famara/Đurić

Taylor/Reid

with Woodrow as and when...

That would mean Hinds going out on loan, but we can have a swift recall clause if he is on fire. The kid deserves to be playing week in/week out.

14 hours ago, GrahamC said:

That means nothing, Flint has 4, do you honestly think that means he will stay if we get an acceptable offer?

I think it means something personally. Flint has been number 4 since 2014. Taylor has just been changed to number 10, which is a very 'prestigious' number, as far as shirt numbers go. In my opinion, LJ wouldn't change Taylor to an important number if he wasn't in his plans.

Would like to see reid play alongside Famara for now and use substitutions later in games to see him alongside taylor and Đurić.

Would also like to see reid substituted later in some games to see how hinds can play alongside each of our big strikers.

Seems for now that we should start with Reid and Famara.

Cant see why we needed to bring in woodrow and cant imagine being able to bring in anything better than what we have at the moment. 

14 hours ago, Float'n Over said:

If correct, I'm thinking it will be another Tammy type arrangement but I would prefer an attacking mid gem from a club like Chelsea or "a n other"

Oh great.  Let's waste our time developing another club's player AGAIN. 

I'm not interested in supporting other teams players. 

14 hours ago, chinapig said:

LJ made it pretty clear Taylor would have been in the side at the start of the season had he not been injured. He likes his movement and felt a full pre-season would get him up to full Championship speed.

LJ also said he was building around Tomo, that said I reckon Matty has proved he is worth keeping & I would be extremly miffed if he was moved on.

24 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Oh great.  Let's waste our time developing another club's player AGAIN. 

I'm not interested in supporting other teams players. 

So you would rather we be in league 1 this season? Because that's where we would currently be

8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Would like to see reid play alongside Famara for now and use substitutions later in games to see him alongside taylor and Đurić.

Would also like to see reid substituted later in some games to see how hinds can play alongside each of our big strikers.

Seems for now that we should start with Reid and Famara.

Cant see why we needed to bring in woodrow and cant imagine being able to bring in anything better than what we have at the moment. 

Covering our arses I think. With Milan out long term and MT just coming back we needed some cover. Suppose Matty had broken down again when he came on on Tuesday and ended up being out for another month or two?

I don`t think anyone knows how long Bobby`s hot streak will go on for so signing someone on loan makes sense to me.

I would like Freddie to stay too but I think he will go out on loan, we just have to make sure it`s to the right club - maybe Plymouth?

Still, it will be all done and dusted by Friday thank God.

Archived