IGNORED

Another striker coming in?

A Horse With No Name

8 hours ago, LC_ said:

So you would rather we be in league 1 this season? Because that's where we would currently be

And if you were to use that baseless analogy you could say that about all other clubs, ' were it not for his goals rubbish'. It's a team game, players will always chip in with goals.Tammy alone didn't save us, as much as it hurts some that will follow him in someone else's team, and cheer every goal he scores.:facepalm: 

On 27/08/2017 at 08:34, Hampshire reds said:

Why would we sell matty. He has been injured and not really been given a run in the team.  Hinds out on loan would be a good move. You do sense a busy few days ahead for city. 

Why would we sell him? Because he's not very good springs to mind!

11 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Oh great.  Let's waste our time developing another club's player AGAIN. 

I'm not interested in supporting other teams players. 

We have an option to buy him at the end of the deal I'm led to believe, so we are using the loan period to check him out.  He's also a good player who I expect to start once he settles / gets the opportunity.

He's an England u21 international.  So what if he can't get into Fulham's team.  Their loss, our gain, probably means he'll cost us less too.  Flint can't get into ours!

This is a part of football in the 21st century.  

We certainly aren't doing this for Fulham's gain...apart from paying his wages...we are doing this for the benefit of City and the squad LJ wants.

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

And if you were to use that baseless analogy you could say that about all other clubs, ' were it not for his goals rubbish'. It's a team game, players will always chip in with goals.Tammy alone didn't save us, as much as it hurts some that will follow him in someone else's team, and cheer every goal he scores.:facepalm: 

It's not a baseless analogy at all. If you truly believe the other striker options available last season would have got the same tally of goals as TA then you're deluded. We survived by the skin of our teeth with Tammy in the team, without his goals we'd have been relegated by March.

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I quite agree. It's daft when people use that argument as it takes no account of who would've replaced them as we wouldn't have started each match a man short. There's always the possibility that another striker would've been brought in instead of Tammy and scored more goals, or scored half the goals he did but assisted with other players in the team scoring more goals than they did with Tammy there. It's as daft as saying that a goalkeeper saved 400 shots on target during the season, so had he not been there we would've been relegated by January. So, we aren't going to have another keeper in his place who might save 399 shots or even 401!

20 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I quite agree. It's daft when people use that argument as it takes no account of who would've replaced them as we wouldn't have started each match a man short. There's always the possibility that another striker would've been brought in instead of Tammy and scored more goals, or scored half the goals he did but assisted with other players in the team scoring more goals than they did with Tammy there. It's as daft as saying that a goalkeeper saved 400 shots on target during the season, so had he not been there we would've been relegated by January. So, we aren't going to have another keeper in his place who might save 399 shots or even 401!

...and I think there is indication that we might share the goals around a bit more this season.

In the league, Reid 4, Diedhiou, Paterson, Brownhill.

In the cup, Hegeler, Baker, Hinds 2, Smith, Paterson, Reid, Eliasson.

That's 9 different scorers already.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

We have an option to buy him at the end of the deal I'm led to believe, so we are using the loan period to check him out.  He's also a good player who I expect to start once he settles / gets the opportunity.

He's an England u21 international.  So what if he can't get into Fulham's team.  Their loss, our gain, probably means he'll cost us less too.  Flint can't get into ours!

This is a part of football in the 21st century.  

We certainly aren't doing this for Fulham's gain...apart from paying his wages...we are doing this for the benefit of City and the squad LJ wants.

Well we'll see I guess.  Sounds like this transfer lark is a piece of cake.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

...and I think there is indication that we might share the goals around a bit more this season.

In the league, Reid 4, Diedhiou, Paterson, Brownhill.

In the cup, Hegeler, Baker, Hinds 2, Smith, Paterson, Reid, Eliasson.

That's 9 different scorers already.

Given that replacing Tammy was nigh on impossible it is essential that the goals are spread around the team as you say and that we improve defensively.

Signing Pisano and Baker should help the latter, as should the willingness of Reid and Diedhiou to defend from the front.

Looks promising to me, though I would still like to have a powerful midfielder. Not that I'm greedy. :whistle:

11 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Given that replacing Tammy was nigh on impossible it is essential that the goals are spread around the team as you say and that we improve defensively.

Signing Pisano and Baker should help the latter, as should the willingness of Reid and Diedhiou to defend from the front.

Looks promising to me, though I would still like to have a powerful midfielder. Not that I'm greedy. :whistle:

Agree but .

Not sure about Baker,  China - he's got three career goals IIRC !!!!

;)

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Greedy, yes....but it's the one position that could make a mahoosive difference.

On 27/08/2017 at 06:30, The Horse With No Name said:

I am not claiming to be itk but I have it on very good authority that we have another striker coming in on loan this week,

Well done, :clap: now predict this week's lottery numbers...........please! :fingerscrossed:

Archived