IGNORED

Lee Tomlin transfer £1.5M

ashton_fan

According to Channel 5 Neil Warnock phoned them and asked them to point out he'd only paid £1.5M for Tomlin not £3M as reported. Apart from the fact that we lost half our original fee doesn't this put Cardiff in breach of contract since the transfer fee was supposed to be undisclosed? Just shows how thin-skinned Warnock is since it put him in a poor light with Tomlin hardly featuring for Cardiff so far.

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

According to Channel 5 Neil Warnock phoned them and asked them to point out he'd only paid £1.5M for Tomlin not £3M as reported. Apart from the fact that we lost half our original fee doesn't this put Cardiff in breach of contract since the transfer fee was supposed to be undisclosed? Just shows how thin-skinned Warnock is since it put him in a poor light with Tomlin hardly featuring for Cardiff so far.

How this a theory, Colin regrets buying Lee like you say he has hardly featured much this season , plus the fact of has become public knowledge Tomlin has been charged. Just a thought, Colin is making it public knowledge he didn't spend such an amount on Tomlin

In these days of undisclosed fees we'll never get to know the full story.

However it was widely reported as being "up to £2.9m with add ons" at the time and seeing as Tomlin hasn't exactly got off to a stellar start this could be Warnock (who let's face it, is a serial liar anyway) making the truth suit his own agenda, in exactly the same way we have with Engvall..

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

However it was widely reported as being "up to £2.9m with add ons" at the time and seeing as Tomlin hasn't exactly got off to a stellar start this could be Warnock (who let's face it, is a serial liar anyway) making the truth suit his own agenda, in exactly the same way we have with Engvall..

Nearly all managers "cover their own tracks" especially in transfer matters. Colin  and 'Arry are especially skilled at it.

LJ is learning a trick or two by just having transfers involvement with them.

46 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Exactly this.

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Just glad to have seen him go really (sounds a bit harsh). Bit of a shame he couldn't work out here but unfortunately some players just can't and won't change. He's too long in the tooth now to make any real difference in that department of his career. Might be worth Lee having a long thought and maybe dropping to L1 where he'll be idolised by a Peterborough type team and can just massage his ego a little for the last few years of his career as he's hardly the type to go well on into his 30's.

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Is that actually true or are you just assuming we paid £3m in a lump sum when we signed him?

Almost no transfers are just completely cash up front so I doubt ours was either. And NW pointed out it was £1.5m and 'the rest was add ons' which means the price may rise from £1.5m depending on Tomlin's performances from Cardiff.

I don't think it can be said that we've 'lost half our fee' 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Is that actually true or are you just assuming we paid £3m in a lump sum when we signed him?

Almost no transfers are just completely cash up front so I doubt ours was either. And NW pointed out it was £1.5m and 'the rest was add ons' which means the price may rise from £1.5m depending on Tomlin's performances from Cardiff.

I don't think it can be said that we've 'lost half our fee' 

It's true that nobody knows for sure since the fee was undisclosed, I was merely repeating what was broadcast on Channel 5 and comparing with the figure which had been assumed on the forum

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

It's true that nobody knows for sure since the fee was undisclosed, I was merely repeating what was broadcast on Channel 5 and comparing with the figure which had been assumed on the forum

I think our reported fee of around £3m was about right, I just very much doubt that was a lump sum payment up front. I'd expect the commercials of the deal bringing him here were pretty similar to the one taking him to Cardiff. He gets a lot of flack but Ashton is clearly a canny negotiator.

1 hour ago, Keyardiv said:

For Tomlin it's unfortunate we've got off to a flyer and Warnock is therefore unlikely to change things much at the moment. £1.5m is hardly a fortune so no reason to think he'll walk straight into an in-form team. He offers something different though and I'm sure he'll get his chance for a run of games. Probably better to reserve judgement until then.

Nah

Better to leave any 'judgement' to,the bloke with the wig

:thumbsup:

:yawn:

IMG_3373.PNG

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

If we`d given him away it still would have been good business IMO.

I suspect our Neil is discovering what most of us knew all along and realises we`ve pulled his pants down.

He`s just trying to say now that it was only to his knees and not right down to his ankles.

Not sure he really cares from all that way up at the top of the league

The two people in football I would trust the least. Colin and Lee Tomlin are made for each other and they know it. Cardiff great start. Tomlin has a goal if not mistaken and will get his chance. Our fee was up to 4m with add ons which I guess we got nowhere near. What we paid upfront and what we got upfront is the issue. Looks like a fat loss! If you pardon the pun. 

26 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The two people in football I would trust the least. Colin and Lee Tomlin are made for each other and they know it. Cardiff great start. Tomlin has a goal if not mistaken and will get his chance. Our fee was up to 4m with add ons which I guess we got nowhere near. What we paid upfront and what we got upfront is the issue. Looks like a fat loss! If you pardon the pun. 

???????

5 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Really disrupting Cardiff at the moment isnt he

To be fair I'd imagine he's had little to no impact on them either way, being as he's been dealing with his court case. Either way we've been able to move past him either way now he's gone.

Archived