IGNORED

Question for the Club - Atyeo Cladding

tinman85

Took some non city fans to the game on Friday and they commented on what a great stadium we now have except for the atyeo which lets down the aesthetics of the stadium. I appreciate that there is little we can do about the inside but are the club planning to finish the stadium by adding white cladding to the back of the atyeo? Also white cladding on the inside like the dolman. Would make things so much more pleasing on the eye. 

12 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Took some non city fans to the game on Friday and they commented on what a great stadium we now have except for the atyeo which lets down the aesthetics of the stadium. I appreciate that there is little we can do about the inside but are the club planning to finish the stadium by adding white cladding to the back of the atyeo? Also white cladding on the inside like the dolman. Would make things so much more pleasing on the eye. 

Anyone who goes to Ashton Gate and can find fault with the Atyeo needs to seriously work on their gratitude for what £50million has done for the rest of the stadium! 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Anyone who goes to Ashton Gate and can find fault with the Atyeo needs to seriously work on their gratitude for what £50million has done for the rest of the stadium! 

Actually for once I think I agree with @tinman85, it's the part of the ground the away support sees first and gives them a false impression. We know it's difficult to develop the Atyeo but an upgrade of the original structure must be on the cards I would imagine.

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The stadium is great. But there is no doubt the Atyeo stands out like a sore thumb. 

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Actually for once I think I agree with @tinman85, it's the part of the ground the away support sees first and gives them a false impression. We know it's difficult to develop the Atyeo but an upgrade of the original structure must be on the cards I would imagine.

For once? The tinman85 Way is the Premier League Way. 

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He is right though imo.

I think the reason it hasn't been given much of a facelift is because ultimately we're looking to replace it.. attendances warranting and planning permission permitting of course.

tinman theres a question sort of related to this in the Q&A titled stadium identity and there have been others. That corner does let the ground down including the side of the Dolman. fans did enquire about  putting up images of City greats including of course John Atyeo on thr Atyeo but Bristol Sport were looking into having advertising on the sides one week rugby one week football or something like that. That was well over a year ago maybe two. Looking from the park it could be any ground or any trading estate. A can do better. 

The houses behind the Atyeo are what is causing the biggest problem with doing anything extra to the stand, which was part of the reason for looking to build a new stadium.

I'm led to believe that there is still hope of doing something with the Atyeo but as per normal, it's a battle with BCC & we know how helpful they are when it comes to sorting out entertainment venues!

If they do clad it, I hope they are very careful about the cladding they use.

If attendances improve when we are promoted, there is little room to increase its size other than to add an extra tier on top of the existing one.  It woyld look nicer too if it was the same hight as the west stand.

Actually, the ground looks sogood now that it puts our previous best stand (Dolman) to shame too.  I couldn't believe how small it looked whenIsat in the upper tier of the West Stand last year (and struggled up the 105 stairs to it - will take the lift if I ever go up there again).

All in all though, the stadium is looking fantastic, especially when compared to that gipsy site on the other side of town.

18 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Why would we expand the Atyeo? attendance is well below the 27,000 capacity at the moment and we haven't got close to selling out once? How many extra seats would it add and at what cost? I quite like the fact that Atyeo stands as a distinct stand, like all 4. 

It would be nice if we could tidy up the corners a bit too by perhaps having seating above the entrances there and making the entrances into tunnels.  Maybe this would be part of the plan if the Atyeo was ever redeveloped.

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If they do clad it, I hope they are very careful about the cladding they use.

If attendances improve when we are promoted, there is little room to increase its size other than to add an extra tier on top of the existing one.  It woyld look nicer too if it was the same hight as the west stand.

Actually, the ground looks sogood now that it puts our previous best stand (Dolman) to shame too.  I couldn't believe how small it looked whenIsat in the upper tier of the West Stand last year (and struggled up the 105 stairs to it - will take the lift if I ever go up there again).

All in all though, the stadium is looking fantastic, especially when compared to that gipsy site on the other side of town.

Liking the positivity :laughcont:

If the Atyeo got rebuilt with the corners filled in we'd end up having the complete generic bowl ground that our fans so often slate about other clubs.

Completely unnecessary anyway, 27,000 is more than enough. Absolutely bizarre to want to increase that to 30,000+ and leave us with 12,000 empty seats every other week all because it's a "bit of an eyesore". And I don't think it is anyway.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Harry More like 3 years ago? South stand was up 2 years ago, get the point you're making though.

@Tipps69 I rather suspect people in those houses behind the Atyeo don't wish to move. No surprise really, not too far from East Street, nor from the centre- or AG of course.

And their house values going up every day as more and more hipsters move down from that London.

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Harry More like 3 years ago? South stand was up 2 years ago, get the point you're making though.

@Tipps69 I rather suspect people in those houses behind the Atyeo don't wish to move. No surprise really, not too far from East Street, nor from the centre- or AG of course.

I've no doubts some won't wish to move, especially when they know how much the club would like to own those houses & suddenly the asking price goes up considerably.

They are sitting on a veritable fortune.

Replacing the Atyeo doesn't have the same cost/benefit value that all the other stadium redevelopment work has had.

It's likely going to house away fans for the foreseeable future so a complete rebuild making it bigger isn't warranted.

I think I'm right in saying that there will be a mini fan-park behind for away fans during this season so matchday revenue and experience will improve. Interesting that a Villa fan praised our current outdoor offering and was disappointed that his own club didn't offer similar.

In essence, I don't think the club has a business case to change the Atyeo significantly but if Steve Lansdown wants to complete the stadium, it would be great to see another South Stand sized rebuild!

19 hours ago, RedM said:

You could be on to something there. Show the planners tatty old Atyeo ( this is artistic licence as it really isn't that bad) and wave some shiny new plans at them and they might just buy it. 

How much do you think they'd pay for it though?

And what would they do with it ........aha, a cunning plan?

Nothing to do with the cladding, but I feel the current Atyeo stand should be renamed and the South Stand changed to the Atyeo.  It seems only right that City fans should be sat in the Atyeo Stand.

Switch the current Atyeo to the North Stand, or a sponsored name.

Archived