IGNORED

New Contracts

Selred

Thanks to @RedM 's squad update thread I've seen there's a lot of important players out of contract next year.

Personally I think we need to quickly tie down:

Marlon Pack

Josh Brownhill

Bobby Reid 

Shawn McCoulsky 

Although not urgent this week I hope it's sorted way before January where we may be forced to accept lower bids.

10 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Why not see if we can improve on any of them?

I'm sure we are always on the look out to improve on the players that we have got.......that shouldn't mean you don't make attempts to tie down players you feel are the better players in the squad and potential future assets

37 minutes ago, Selred said:

Thanks to @RedM 's squad update thread I've seen there's a lot of important players out of contract next year.

Personally I think we need to quickly tie down:

Marlon Pack

Josh Brownhill

Bobby Reid 

Shawn McCoulsky 

Although not urgent this week I hope it's sorted way before January where we may be forced to accept lower bids.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't marlon & Bobby have an option for another year in their current contracts? I guess that doesn't mean much as they don't have to take that option up!

To be fair it's not my thread, I just update it when I remember. Most of the work is done by other posters, I do try to double check some of the info. When I updated today I did notice several players had options of a further year. Glad it helps.

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

The one I'm worried about is Brownhill. He left Preston for us on a free, so he may do so again. He seems happy here, but I'm pretty sure many clubs would be interested. 

Why? still got a lot to prove, maybe a move into the centre will help but currently he looks a bang average lower championship player which is exactly where he is currently playing.  I suspect he has found his level.

Archived