IGNORED

Hinds, Moore and Morrell join Cheltenham

View from the Dolman

It's only for 4 months.

Don't knock where they are going to. I think it will suit all parties, more so us tbh. It will be easier to keep an eye on their progression, not just through match's, but in training as well.

Plus the relationship with manager will be more trustworthy, I should imagine.

For what it's worth, I was really impressed with Plavotic last night....his development has come on leaps and bounds since joining Cheltenham.

They'll get plenty of game time and better development at Cheltenham, than some random club we've got no 'affiliation' with imo.

Hinds has made about 3 senior appearances in his career and wasn't going to get many more here now Taylor is fit, Woodrow is in and Leko can play there. I don't think he'd have had L1 clubs lining up for him. 

Morrell looks close and perhaps this is his next step to play men's football every week and see where he stands in January. He looks close to being able to play in that Korey Smith role. 

Taylor Moore is an odd one. What I'll be looking for from him is to be starting every game for them at CB. He's not a RB any time I've seen him play there so he needs games in England at CB. 

Its easy to get negative about it because it's LJs fathers club but it's close to home for all of them and it's in the league. All 3 of them need the playing time. My biggest concern is can all 3 of them be in the same matchday squad? Anyway, I think it could be a very good move for all 3 of them. 

Bit odd to blame the club for supposed player regression. I'm sure if a club at a higher level were guaranteeing 1st team football to the likes of Moore we would have given him the opportunity. Perhaps, this is where they're at.

If they play well, maybe the can get a better loan in Jan, or better still, force their way into the 1st team. Good move IMO

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Another one that needs to handle the tougher side of the game better? He is certainly going to come up against some tough nuts in that league. 

I think there is massive massive pressure on Moore now, I mean if all is well and he stays fit he HAS to impress at League 2 level and command a starting place. If he doesn't you've got to wonder what future he has here really or at any championship club.

I know it only till the end of the year. I know his only trying to help daddy out. I for one am getting feed up with loaning out this players for us only to replace them with other loan players from other clubs.Give them a run of 5 to 6 games in the first team, if they are not good enough after that then loan them out.

1 minute ago, Roadrunner said:

I know it only till the end of the year. I know his only trying to help daddy out. I for one am getting feed up with loaning out this players for us only to replace them with other loan players from other clubs.Give them a run of 5 to 6 games in the first team, if they are not good enough after that then loan them out.

If we give anyone a run now, the window will be shut and we can only loan to the Conference and below.

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

I think there is massive massive pressure on Moore now, I mean if all is well and he stays fit he HAS to impress at League 2 level and command a starting place. If he doesn't you've got to wonder what future he has here really or at any championship club.

I agree, I think he will play every game if fit though, I am sure that will be part of the deal. I would like to think that he will be used at centre back as well, although he apparently did well at Bury he was used primarily at right back and that's not his future goal. I think this will work out well, I wonder if they will still train with us a day a week? 

Leaving out the father and son thing these 3 going to Cheltenham seems fine to me.

Hopefully plenty of games for each of them and having Morrell build an understanding with Hinds in league football seems positive to me.

All those saying it's a duff move for Taylor Moore, well, from what I've seen he's got everything to prove, and a few months playing regularly at CB at Cheltenham gives him a good base to start doing just that.

Good luck to all 3.

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Problem being they'd have needed to have been involved in pretty much every game from the start to get that run of games. If we don't loan them now we'd have to wait till January.

I think people are overacting about the destination of these players.

Just because TM has played for U20 England doesn't automatically mean he is ready for competitive mens football in a top L1 club. He has to earn that right.

Freddie Hinds looks very promising with his cup goals and contribution but remember he had only played a tiny amount of minutes with Luton's first team last year. He is hardly the finished article when it comes to experience.

Morrell needs to shine in this loan and push on. This is probably a step up to what he has been playing week in week out.

Taylor reportedly turned back to pre-season out of sorts, shall we say. Not sure what's happened with him - whether it's attitude, coaching or acclimatising to the EFL.

Joe almost signed for another League Two club but they needed loan players in other positions.

Freddie should excel. Like a previous poster said, it's only four months. If he bangs them in at fourth tier level then the next step will be League One. People are blinded by the fact he's scored two great goals and automatically think he should be in and around the first team. As good as his potential is, he's got a lot to work on before being ahead of what we have. Good move for him.

Archived