IGNORED

City v Cardiff - Fixture change for Sky, Now Fri 3rd Nov

RedM

ffs another Friday game. And there was the concern that if we ever made it to the promised land we'd lose 3pm kick offs in the Prem. Old bill are going to love a couple 1000 Cardiff fans running around the city centre pissed up after the game too

3 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Does this mean Sunderland away is safe?

I'd assume so. But looking at the fixtures we are away to Sunderland on Sat 28th, away to Fulham the following Tuesday 31st, and now have to play Friday too. Who agreed to this!!!

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

No-one mate. Sky just tell us what to do and we do it.

I know it's the money, and the squad will fly to Sunderland but we could have done without Fulham midweek for sure.

Cardiff are at home to Millwall and Ipswich for the corresponding fixtures before they visit us just for comparison 

9 minutes ago, LC_ said:

. Old bill are going to love a couple 1000 Cardiff fans running around the city centre pissed up after the game too

This makes a mockery of the decision to get the original fixture to kick off at 12pm

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Very frustrating.  My son cannot go to night games so will be watching 4 games from start of season to end november 

On the flip side, my godddaughter will be well pleased, she works on a Saturday so can only come to evening games such as this. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

When I saw the headline I thought "Sky? Excellent! Maybe it will be the 5.30pm game?" Games at that time, sort of under the floodlights, derbies can be pretty good.  Sure they allow it with West Midlands derbies...

I've now altered my thread title to help others, good point

6 minutes ago, Big C said:

This makes a mockery of the decision to get the original fixture to kick off at 12pm

Yup, I can't see how 7.45pm on a dark November night will be safer or easier to Police than noon the next day. But I got yo say I too like night matches for atmosphere, escpecially against a team like Cardiff.

Archived