IGNORED

Dolman PA - update

Mkelly

I appreciate the feedback about the PA in the Dolman.  As I said in an earlier post, an upgrade and repair was instructed during the summer.  However, it's clear from contious feedback that it's still not right.

I am sorry for any Dolman seat ticket holders who are still experiencing this as an issue.

The PA company is onsite again on Monday and I will update thereafter.

Mark 

The PA in the South Stand is also awful - music comes over crystal clear and decent level, but as soon as pre-recorded interviews or live matchday announcements are made it becomes just a wall of noise like listening to Charlie Browns Teacher.

4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

The PA in the South Stand is also awful - music comes over crystal clear and decent level, but as soon as pre-recorded interviews or live matchday announcements are made it becomes just a wall of noise like listening to Charlie Browns Teacher.

If thats the case it seems like they need to employ a new sound engineer .

It seems they have tweeted something and now all areas are as bad as the Dolman. I think Watford for example has been redeveloped and their sound and lady announcer was crystal clear, so it can be done.

56 minutes ago, Fiale said:

55 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

All noted. Thanks. We are doing a full "bowl" review to ensure clarity 

e

That would suggest it's more to do with the sound recording from the original footage I would say. Getting someone to experiment with mixing the sound from the inhouse videos differently for playing back on the PA would probably be the best place to start. 

I say this as an audio post professional myself. 

1 hour ago, Mkelly said:

I appreciate the feedback about the PA in the Dolman.  As I said in an earlier post, an upgrade and repair was instructed during the summer.  However, it's clear from contious feedback that it's still not right.

I am sorry for any Dolman seat ticket holders who are still experiencing this as an issue.

Mark 

Didn't they used to work for British Rail????

:whistle:

48 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I was sat in the Lansdown on Tuesday for the training session and could barely make out a thing that was being said. Couldn't hear any of the interviews with the staff etc. 

Can the PA people come when there's a crowd in maybe? 

This. How hard is it for a fella/bird with a clipboard, dictaphone and a sound level meter to walk, on a matchday, between the Dolman, the SS and the Lansdown whilst Beanhead asks LJ if Aden Flint is off to Timbuktu?

Come on people... 

2 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Mark 

But the PA company need to be there on match day during the conditions that the PA is being utilised under. They need to listen to the output and adjust volumes at individual areas, not wholesale turn the wick up or down for the total output of the amplifiers. Also check the acoustic qualities of each input i.e. microphones, music sources etc. That's what happened in my day when our PA company worked with resident announcer Dennis Langley. 

Utterly pointless testing in a empty stadium. Sound and acoustics change massively with loads of bodies in the way.

Sounds like good money after bad unless they are coming during a game.. which I hope they are.

26 minutes ago, TRL said:

Utterly pointless testing in a empty stadium. Sound and acoustics change massively with loads of bodies in the way.

Sounds like good money after bad unless they are coming during a game.. which I hope they are.

I do the odd bit of work from time to time setting up pa systems and I agree entirely with this.

We can set it up perfectly in a empty venue and it sounds amazing, but as soon as you have a few hundred or a thousand people in there it sounds completely different and tweaking is required.

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

Completely agree - interviews on the big screens are very difficult to hear in the South Stand whereas the music is very loud.

23 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I do the odd bit of work from time to time setting up pa systems and I agree entirely with this.

We can set it up perfectly in a empty venue and it sounds amazing, but as soon as you have a few hundred or a thousand people in there it sounds completely different and tweaking is required.

I don't do anything PA wise, so glad you confirmed this. From my point of view it is basic common sense the way Soundwaves work in a open room compared to a full room where sound dissipates very quickly in a random manner.

4 minutes ago, TRL said:

I don't do anything PA wise, so glad you confirmed this. From my point of view it is basic common sense the way Soundwaves work in a open room compared to a full room where sound dissipates very quickly in a random manner.

Whilst not being a complete expert I know a little and with it sounding fine for music it seems the issue doesn't really lie with the speakers.

Archived