IGNORED

Concourse seating (lack of)

Rich

3 minutes ago, freezer said:

Unfortunately it's all about the money methinks.

The club/Bristol Sport could easily encompass seating and beer/pie resting facilities if they chose to.

I can only come to the conclusion that the revenue of the masses is more important to that of the needs of the few. 

Personally, this is one of the main reasons  why I eat and drink pre-match (and afterwards) locally prior to kick off, although we might sneak one in before the game.

I do savour and enjoy the pre-match experience but most of it does not include putting my dosh into the Bristol Sports experience.

It's health and safety issues beyond bristol sports control not the fact they don't want to pay for it !!

8 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Typical City! .... its all or flipping nothing, look what they've done now, gone way OTT with the concourse seating, damn talk about be careful what you wish for... can hardly move in there now for flipping benches and seating everywhere.. BOO!!!

I think there';s a lot less people.

Take the Dolman, how long would it take to evacuate 6k+ people via 6 vomitories into the concourse for example in a fire situation?

@Spoons It probably wouldn't surprise me if the SAG have put some kind of block on it.,

On the other hand though, shelving? I see no excuse not to have this. Seating? Still unconvinced.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Take the Dolman, how long would it take to evacuate 6k+ people via 6 vomitories into the concourse for example in a fire situation?

@Spoons It probably wouldn't surprise me if the SAG have put some kind of block on it.,

On the other hand though, shelving? I see no excuse not to have this. Seating? Still unconvinced.

SAG didn’t want their meeting minutes published under Freedom of Information. That tells us all we need to know about them. They’re a group we should treat with extreme suspicion.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

SAG didn’t want their meeting minutes published under Freedom of Information. That tells us all we need to know about them. They’re a group we should treat with extreme suspicion.

I am surprised they can get away with it!

For the record, did bit of digging a while ago and there were some minutes- from just before 2014/15 season! Since then? Nothing. Do we even know who is in it?

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I am surprised they can get away with it!

For the record, did bit of digging a while ago and there were some minutes- from just before 2014/15 season! Since then? Nothing. Do we even know who is in it?

They have a great deal of influence over things at AG. Seems all they do is inconvenience supporters.

Amazing their minutes won’t be published, they’re hardly discussing state secrets. 

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

So, you'd agree with shelving, which would stick out and cause a reduction in walkway space but, you remain unconvinced that seating of the fold down variety, non combustible, in the afore mentioned recesses, not causing any obstruction whatsoever, could be installed? Strange.

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There are a few things they may have to leave out, sensitive pieces of info but overall agreed.

I agree, all they have to do is blank sensitive information out. I understand the need to not give out certain information that groups or individuals could wreak havoc with but, these people are public servants and employed by us.

31 minutes ago, Rich said:

I agree, all they have to do is blank sensitive information out. I understand the need to not give out certain information that groups or individuals could wreak havoc with but, these people are public servants and employed by us.

Yep.

Redaction is what it's called- a blanket non-publishing though is just ridiculous. Very good yet not often stated enough point too- because it is true- about them being public servants and employed by us, yet the SAG seems so clandestine!

Will answer your 2nd post later about shelving v seats.

Sorry folks, I'm back.

Thought I'd let the dust settle a little and enjoy our good form before bringing this subject up again.

I noticed in the Dolman concourse for the last two games, another food outlet has appeared, in the form of a pie cart. It is quite large, has an additional table alongside, has it's own rubbish bin and takes up more of the precious room from within the Dolman concourse. Obviously this new addition contradicts all the previous arguments about the Health and safety issues regarding free movement of people through the concourse in the event of an emergency as it's away from the walls and where people used to congregate. So the SAGS have agreed to this new addition put forward by BS/BCFC. I wonder if the fact that it sells items for profit had anything to do with it being put forward by BS/BCFC for approval from the SAGs. You could probably put up to twenty fold up seats in the area taken up by the cart and the area behind it, but, they don't raise revenue, do they? Only Mark Kelly could answer this, I wait with baited breath for a reasonable explanation.

On 9/1/2017 at 05:16, Tipps69 said:

Health & safety won't allow it!! The club are trying to sort something out but it's really out of the clubs hands.

I bet Bristol City Council must be involved if there is a dilly dally going on.

What do they do at Council House apart from um and ar all the time? I suppose that does take it out of you. I was the blue bottle on the wall during one of their twice daily committee meetings last week and I got out alive because by the end of it i think only one person was not snoring and she was taking notes and slurping loudly on a sweet hot chocolate that I was dying to just dive bomb. Anyway I was able to read some of her scribbled notes:-

"Did they ask us to pay for this? Now where is that document they sent? Why did H&S ask us to take a look at this; is there planning permission required? I don't think we have the manpower to look at this before the end of next year do we? Does anybody have a diary? Does anybody have a pen? Note to self: must ask for that four weeks leave entitlement or double roll it over for next year. Check time: Bonus time 30 minutes.. yippee. Round it up to 2 hours. yeah, well I work hard. " 

6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I bet Bristol City Council must be involved if there is a dilly dally going on.

What do they do at Council House apart from um and ar all the time? I suppose that does take it out of you. I was the blue bottle on the wall during one of their twice daily committee meetings last week and I got out alive because by the end of it i think only one person was not snoring and she was taking notes and slurping loudly on a sweet hot chocolate that I was dying to just dive bomb. Anyway I was able to read some of her scribbled notes:-

"Did they ask us to pay for this? Now where is that document they sent? Why did H&S ask us to take a look at this; is there planning permission required? I don't think we have the manpower to look at this before the end of next year do we? Does anybody have a diary? Does anybody have a pen? Note to self: must ask for that four weeks leave entitlement or double roll it over for next year. Check time: Bonus time 30 minutes.. yippee. Round it up to 2 hours. yeah, well I work hard. " 

It's called City Hall nowadays but their propensity for wasting huge sums of public money is still very much their mission. The gravy train rolls on. 

9 hours ago, Rich said:

Sorry folks, I'm back.

Thought I'd let the dust settle a little and enjoy our good form before bringing this subject up again.

I noticed in the Dolman concourse for the last two games, another food outlet has appeared, in the form of a pie cart. It is quite large, has an additional table alongside, has it's own rubbish bin and takes up more of the precious room from within the Dolman concourse. Obviously this new addition contradicts all the previous arguments about the Health and safety issues regarding free movement of people through the concourse in the event of an emergency as it's away from the walls and where people used to congregate. So the SAGS have agreed to this new addition put forward by BS/BCFC. I wonder if the fact that it sells items for profit had anything to do with it being put forward by BS/BCFC for approval from the SAGs. You could probably put up to twenty fold up seats in the area taken up by the cart and the area behind it, but, they don't raise revenue, do they? Only Mark Kelly could answer this, I wait with baited breath for a reasonable explanation.

it's a cart so can be removed in case of an emergency install seats then they can't be removed, it was covered in Marks original post  

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

i wish they could just bin off SAG, that group holds too much power, 

It does seem odd that in order for us to stage games in BS3 we have to have lights on, a lack of seating and all manner of other guff, yet they allow the fewers to turn up and kick a ball about in a ground Stig Of The Dump refused to live in on account of it being a toilet.

9 hours ago, Monkeh said:

it's a cart so can be removed in case of an emergency install seats then they can't be removed, it was covered in Marks original post  

With all due respect Monkeh, I am not stupid.

As I said, this appeared about two possibly three games ago, so, a long time after Marks original post.  I wasn't in the Dolman concourse for the Cardiff game so can't say if it was there or not then. The stall Mark and I referred to in the early posts was the one selling programmes in the South Stand concourse. This one sells pies, pasties and drinks and is about four or five times bigger than the programme stall, with an additional table and bins.

Ask yourself this question, in the event of an emergency, who is going to move this cart and the rest of it's paraphernalia and, secondly where will they move it to, without it causing an obstruction or taking up floor space?

The only seating I refer to is, perimeter seating, which folds down for use, so does not obstruct anything as it goes into recessed areas.

On 09/11/2017 at 16:58, Rich said:

So, you'd agree with shelving, which would stick out and cause a reduction in walkway space but, you remain unconvinced that seating of the fold down variety, non combustible, in the afore mentioned recesses, not causing any obstruction whatsoever, could be installed? Strange.

Shelving of the folding variety ??

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Shelving of the folding variety ??

Are you asking or suggesting? I haven't suggested folding shelving, though that is an option on the perimeter walls. I'm only proposing seating of the fold down variety, for those less fortunate than others, that would like to spend their £s and enjoy the facilities within the concourse areas, that other supporters currently enjoy. And let's give credit where it's due, the whole match day experience has been improved for most people with the new stands and concourses, as well as the fanzone and sports bar. Unfortunately, some are excluded.

13 hours ago, Rich said:

With all due respect Monkeh, I am not stupid.

As I said, this appeared about two possibly three games ago, so, a long time after Marks original post.  I wasn't in the Dolman concourse for the Cardiff game so can't say if it was there or not then. The stall Mark and I referred to in the early posts was the one selling programmes in the South Stand concourse. This one sells pies, pasties and drinks and is about four or five times bigger than the programme stall, with an additional table and bins.

Ask yourself this question, in the event of an emergency, who is going to move this cart and the rest of it's paraphernalia and, secondly where will they move it to, without it causing an obstruction or taking up floor space?

The only seating I refer to is, perimeter seating, which folds down for use, so does not obstruct anything as it goes into recessed areas.

Some are not excluded they chose not to use the new facilities there is a major difference 

the cart is moved while the game is on mate it isn't abandoned, it's there when i enter the dolman but its gone when I leave the game so it's moved, you fix down seats they can't be moved and cause a permanent obstruction so its cover by Marks original post  

Seats are not happened for valid and well documented reasons and no amount of you crying to the forum or throwing our your toys will change this

It's not the club you need to convince they are on board its SAG 

23 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Some are not excluded they chose not to use the new facilities there is a major difference 

the cart is moved while the game is on mate it isn't abandoned, it's there when i enter the dolman but its gone when I leave the game so it's moved, you fix down seats they can't be moved and cause a permanent obstruction so its cover by Marks original post  

Seats are not happened for valid and well documented reasons and no amount of you crying to the forum or throwing our your toys will change this

You're missing the point, the clubs view (and Mark Kelly's post on the subject) are flawed because self folding seats do not cause an obstruction. 

Rich has been well mannered and his posts  reasonable throughout this thread whether you agree with them or not so I think you're being harsh accusing him of throwing his toys out of the pram too - which he clearly is not.

58 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

You can be very rude at times, it seems quite obvious and logical to me that folded seating would work absolutely fine along the back wall but if the club are unwilling to do this they make the usual and ridiculous excuse of H&S

Archived