IGNORED

Flinty and Maggs

cityred exile

4 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Both say NO NO NO  I Say YES YES YES !!

One didn't sign his paperwork in time by the sounds of it and the other the club appear to have overvalued so is still on our books.

Yay, I'll grab the bunting and put a Victoria sponge in the oven.

£7 mil of CB on the bench for the rest of the year is a shame. (Going purely on we'd only accept £5m for Flint and the near £2m loan fee for Mags). Especially when I rate Hegeler higher than both of them.

Think we'd be lucky to get £2m for Flint in Jan.

I like both Flint and Maggs.  Unfortunately, our defence is looking pretty good without them.  Maggs is prwtty handy though being able to play at centre and left back and his ling throws are awesome.

Unsure what will happen with Flint though since the deadline has now passed.  As long as the current defence is working, I see no reason to change it.

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I like both Flint and Maggs.  Unfortunately, our defence is looking pretty good without them.  Maggs is prwtty handy though being able to play at centre and left back and his ling throws are awesome.

Unsure what will happen with Flint though since the deadline has now passed.  As long as the current defence is working, I see no reason to change it.

Awesome ling throws are impressive enough but can't see what use they are on a football pitch.

Ling-fish-molva-Molva-009.jpg a ling on a football field would be like a fish out of water.

TBF the Maggers story defies belief so I think we need that one to come out in the wash.

Flint I think the club overvalued, whether it was the club or the player who wanted out who knows (I'm sure some do, but I don't ) but the situation appears to have been Dealt with questionably whatever.

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

TBF the Maggers story defies belief so I think we need that one to come out in the wash.

Flint I think the club overvalued, whether it was the club or the player who wanted out who knows (I'm sure some do, but I don't ) but the situation appears to have been Dealt with questionably whatever.

I think I read that Liverpool managed the same trick when trying to send Ryan Kent to Germany?

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think Flint will fetch more than £5m if he goes in January.

I was thinking 3-3.5m and I'd be happy with that to be honest. This window was mental and I think a lot of teams are going to curb the spending from now a bit. I think there may now be a sense that something could be about to stop this obscene spending.

LJ is the new Pulis: not enough goals but defensively robust, cupboard brim full - nay, spilling over - with centre backs, not hugely popular with his crowd despite an improving league position, not much of a player in his day..... 

1 hour ago, brizzlelou said:

I was thinking 3-3.5m and I'd be happy with that to be honest. This window was mental and I think a lot of teams are going to curb the spending from now a bit. I think there may now be a sense that something could be about to stop this obscene spending.

Apparently the Championship spent less this window than last Summer, but they are putting that down to Newcastle spending big back then and of course are no longer a Championship side. 

24 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

LJ is the new Pulis: not enough goals but defensively robust, cupboard brim full - nay, spilling over - with centre backs, not hugely popular with his crowd despite an improving league position, not much of a player in his day..... 

Thanks for speaking for the crowd. Although I think you go to a different Ashton Gate to me, none of the many people I know down there, speak to or sit near seem to dislike Lee as much as you and a few of your buddies, maybe Lee isn't universally popular yet, but I get the feeling most people have or are warming to him and his ideas. Genuine question, are you one of the 'boycotters'? I ask as you talk as though you've not seen us play this season.

In August we scored 15 goals (hardly "not enough goals") and played some good attacking football btw, maybe if you spend less time having a go at the management and come and watch you'd see for yourself.

One more thing, what has Lee's playing career got to do with anything? Personally I would've been delighted if I was "not much of player" playing in the Championship, including a play-off final at Wembley.

31 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Also, no one deserves to be compared with TP, when he was here I despised him as much as your little like minded group hate Lee, although my hatred was for the the way he had us playing, how he was running the club and his transfers. My hatred was was based on what I was watching, not my refusal to get over a bad run/grudge like you and the anti-Lee brigade.

Tony Pulis is the only manager I've ever really disliked. I think Lee is a young inexpereinced English manager who is giving his all, learning fast and deserves our backing. Personally, I'm proud the club stood bye him when many others would not have. Rome wasn't built in a day. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Apparently the Championship spent less this window than last Summer, but they are putting that down to Newcastle spending big back then and of course are no longer a Championship side. 

Think I heard yesterday on the worlds most unreliable ITK show that is jim white show that Newcastle didn't even spend anything since LAST summer. On another note, rumours going around today that Benitez is about to ship off himself anyway. Left the Newcastle training ground at 3pm yesterday as he was told they wouldn't make any signings he wanted. Purely speculation of course but what the hell is Ashley up to? That manager is adored by the fans and the best thing to happen to them since KK. Imagine having him here? My God!

59 minutes ago, zombie said:

Thanks for speaking for the crowd. Although I think you go to a different Ashton Gate to me, none of the many people I know down there, speak to or sit near seem to dislike Lee as much as you and a few of your buddies, maybe Lee isn't universally popular yet, but I get the feeling most people have or are warming to him and his ideas. Genuine question, are you one of the 'boycotters'? I ask as you talk as though you've not seen us play this season.

In August we scored 15 goals (hardly "not enough goals") and played some good attacking football btw, maybe if you spend less time having a go at the management and come and watch you'd see for yourself.

One more thing, what has Lee's playing career got to do with anything? Personally I would've been delighted if I was "not much of player" playing in the Championship, including a play-off final at Wembley.

I've always liked him, as a player and as a person,

i just don't think he is a head coach, or should be our head coach

but most of those anti johnson have a deep seated unhealthy haterid and make it personal,

thats what I can't stand

1 hour ago, zombie said:

Well, he certainly wouldn't be City's head coach if he hadn't played for us, would he? :dunno:

Archived