IGNORED

Two new signings - Bakinson and Holden

WRERE

I cant help wonder if   we are trying to emulate teams like Posh and Brentford? It will take time for this sort of model to come to fruition but I'm happier for us to take punts like this and say if only one out of 4 players make it then it's worth as I assume this are quite small sums being paid ?

The real question is if they are good enough will they get the game time ?! I suppose the only thing that this could hinder is progress from players coming from our own Academy ?

2 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Luton saying the fee received was an "unbelievable deal" for them, wonder how much this was then?

Interesting perspective luton have taken on Hinds and this lad. They didn't seem to bothered for them to go. I would imagine a youngster from luton that we haven't heard of couldn't cost more than 100k

Hatters chief executive Gary Sweet said: “We’ve received an incredible offer for Tyreeq that we couldn’t really turn down both for us and for him, as it’s a big opportunity for him to progress at a Championship club. “We won’t stand in a player’s way if the deal is right for all parties and, most importantly, if the income helps us further develop. Every single penny of this income will be re-invested as it allows us to acquire another targeted young player and the balance, as it becomes due, will go towards building new facilities for the academy at The Brache. 

Read more at: http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/bakinson-leaves-the-hatters-for-bristol-city-1-8130279

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hatters chief executive Gary Sweet said: “We’ve received an incredible offer for Tyreeq that we couldn’t really turn down both for us and for him, as it’s a big opportunity for him to progress at a Championship club. “We won’t stand in a player’s way if the deal is right for all parties and, most importantly, if the income helps us further develop. Every single penny of this income will be re-invested as it allows us to acquire another targeted young player and the balance, as it becomes due, will go towards building new facilities for the academy at The Brache. 

Read more at: http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/bakinson-leaves-the-hatters-for-bristol-city-1-8130279

And they immediately signed someone from Basingstoke, just to prove their point. Oh and left the Tesco night shift short! :) 

2017-09-01 00_10_15-Transfer deadline day - window is closed - Live - BBC Sport.png

They're really in damage control mode aren't they, meow. A few bits stood out. I think it's completely reasonable on Tyreeq's side and on Luton's. At least we aren't getting a reject! It seems he will want to start in the middle for the U23s, Morrell going to Cheltenham makes even more sense now. https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2017/august/tyreeq-bakinson/

Manager Nathan Jones said: “We accepted a bid for Tyreeq. It’s a fantastic bid for the club and will enable us to develop the infrastructure, especially within the academy.

“We tried everything possible to keep Tyreeq. We’ve been turning down offers for a number of months now, but Tyreeq and his dad made it blatantly obvious that he wanted to leave the club.

“We had numerous meetings with Tyreeq, his representatives and his dad, and reiterated the development plan that we felt was right for him. He felt that he should be in the first team. We reiterated that we would give him every opportunity in pre-season to stake a claim.

“As it was, he wasn’t at the level to start the season in league games and he then made it clear that he felt his development would be better suited elsewhere, and drop into an Under-23 team to get the game time, because he felt he was falling behind with the quality of players that we had.

“Despite the reassurances we gave him, he was very adamant – as was his dad – that he wanted to move to an Under-23 team where he felt that his development would be best accomplished.

“We made a conscious decision that if he wasn’t going to impact our first team in the near future, which he wasn’t going to, and when it was blatantly clear from an attitude change from the player, we felt it was in the best interests of the club to get the best deal possible to enable us to move forward and develop the numerous players that actually want to continue their development with Luton Town.

“We wish Tyreeq all the best and hope that he has the career that we feel he would have had at Luton Town, but he felt would be easier achieved elsewhere.

“I want to reiterate from my point of view, from a coaching staff point of view and from a board, a chief exec and a club point of view, that at no point did we seek to sell the player and let one of our academy graduates go from this football club.

“But trust me on this – this move is in the best interests of Luton Town.”

44 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Tis to be sure.

Wrong part of Ireland.  More 'Aye. Dead on, mucker'.

Lots of grumbling about some going to Cheltenham on loan, but getting U23s good loan moves to league clubs must help attract these promising young lads.  Obvoliously, they have City's first team as an aim, but forging any kind of career in football would be an achievement so this kind of experience is invaluable to their development.  Good to see LJ getting involved in persuading these signings to come to the club.  Hopefully, theyll be a couple of gems amongst them.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Tis to be sure.

2 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Wrong part of Ireland.  More 'Aye. Dead on, mucker'.

Never heard 'mucker' over here from a Derryman. 'So I did' is more likely said after a sentence. 

My wife who's a native, is convinced he's not a true Derryman as he talked too slowly!

10 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Never heard 'mucker' over here from a Derryman. 'So I did' is more likely said after a sentence. 

My wife who's a native, is convinced he's not a true Derryman as he talked too slowly!

'Do I did', true.  My family are from Donegal so I used to know a fair few from Derry up on their holidays and 'mucker' was pretty standard.  Was a while ago now though.  Yes, he was talking slowly for a Derryman.  Maybe he's slowed it down for the English audience.  Great accent all the same.  And as other has said comes across as a good lad.  Hope he settles and makes a go of things here.  

1 minute ago, Red Army Faction said:

And as other has said comes across as a good lad.  Hope he settles and makes a go of things here.  

Totally agree.

Hopefully as a result of his signing, Easyjet will reinstate the mid-evening Saturday flight back to Belfast for all the new BCFC fans and me! 

City of Derry Airport could also accommodate Ryanair flights on a Saturday, subject to finding a free time slot. They already have at least 5 flights a day so it might be possible! 

Archived