IGNORED

David Horseman - new head of academy coaching

Phileas Fogg

Taken from here complete with video interview.

Don't know much about him but perhaps those that know about the academy and coaching will know if a good re-appointment.

City have appointed David Horseman as the club’s new Head of Academy Coaching.

The Bristolian returns to the club from Watford, where he held roles as the Premier League club’s Under-18 and Under-23 coach.

Horseman was on City’s Academy books as a youngster before moving into a variety of coaching roles, ahead of a switch to Vicarage Road.

Horseman told BCTV on his return:

“Bristol City is a really vibrant place to be and there’s a real sense of togetherness from the top down.

“The Academy is really thriving at the moment, with many players realising that pathway from the youth teams right the way through to the first team.

“Many of the players now in and around the first team were in the Academy when I was last here; I would have either recruited them or coached them!

“My last day at Watford was actually City’s cup win at Vicarage Road and it was great to see so many of the younger players holding their own against established Premier League players.

“It’s a huge credit to the club that they want to embrace the younger players, which is how clubs should operate and I think Bristol City is ahead of a lot of clubs in that way of thinking.

“The chance to return and help enhance the Academy’s progression even further was just too good an opportunity to turn down.”

“My last day at Watford was actually City’s cup win at Vicarage Road and it was great to see so many of the younger players holding their own against established Premier League players."

“My role will be to manage the progression from age group to age group, particularly from the Under-18s down.

“I’ll look after the coaching development; it’s important to work with the gaffer (Lee Johnson) and the other coaches to see how we can filter small parts of the first team’s work and make it age specific for our younger players.

“When you watch a Bristol City team play across the age group, you should see similarities and it’ll be my job to manage that to ensure we set targets and challenge the players to produce quality.”

Academy manager Gary Probert said:

“We’re delighted to welcome David back to the Football Club and the Academy.

“He’s a Bristolian who has a real affinity for the club. He brings with him a wealth of experience, both at this club and elsewhere, across various age groups, and he’ll bring a real passion to our player and coach development.”

Thanks PF with all the deadline day I would probably have missed this. 

Firstly someone has to do the obvious joke... Something..... Something Bojak. 

Second this potentially looks a good appointment, good to have someone with prem experience who also knows the club. Also somone who clearly has the respect of the players he previously worked with here. And somone who can relate to the position or academy players are in having been there himself. 

Obviously I have no first hand experience of his coaching ability but given the players reaction to him coming back,  the extra experience he now has and that we must have known a lot about him already I think its a good bet this is good appointment.  + as a fan of the club of he is a big success we are more likely to be able to keep hold of him. 

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's his name! His sister is Marsha Decordova, MP for Battersea.

Serious question, but is that true?

I knew she was MP for Battersea, but just assumed she was London born and bred.

To my surprise, however, a quick Google search reveals that she was born in Bristol in 1976!

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Serious question, but is that true?

I knew she was MP for Battersea, but just assumed she was London born and bred.

To my surprise, however, a quick Google search reveals that she was born in Bristol in 1976!

I'm pretty sure it's true. There is definitely a family connection at the very least.

Looks like I was right...

Archived