IGNORED

wayne rooney drink drive

pillred

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Does anyone know (and before I go any further, drink driving is utterly wrong and he's an idiot) if he was caught immediately after leaving wherever he was, or if it was a next morning thing. So many people don't realise how long alcohol stays in your system. 

Says he was stopped at 2am on BBC so i would guess after his session.

1 hour ago, pillred said:

see that our wayne has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving, hope this is not the start of a long downward spiral.

Idiotic thing to do drink drive but makes no difference from him doing it or any ordinary person. No time for people who are selfish enough to do it. The fact it's Wayne Rooney will no doubt exasperate the situation and drag it on for a pointless amount of time. 

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

He will get off with only a fine because an expensive lawyer will argue that his fans will suffer if he loses his licence and he does stuff for charity. 12 month ban for everyone else tho.

Not sure only a fine. A ban is mandatory, there would be a massive outcry if he avoided this and the risk of legal precedent would be too great imo:yawn:

19 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Bentley convertible is my guess; I will now look.

Ah - nowhere near.  Trying to go unnoticed so as not to be stopped?

That's what I would have guessed too, or some hugely expensive sports car. But no the answer is ...a black VW Beetle! Yes he might have been trying to go unnoticed, but didn't succeed did he. The report I read also said he was stopped after posing for a selfie at a bar so wouldn't be surprised if the police we waiting for him in that case. 

Archived