IGNORED

Malta v England

Red Army 75

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I raise you Geoff Thomas and Carlton Palmer :shocking:

23 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Carlton Palmer was relatively classy alongside Geoff Thomas.

Apologies OTIK.

I didn't read the whole thread before posting, but obviously great minds think alike!

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I raise you Geoff Thomas and Carlton Palmer :shocking:

Carlton Palmer was one of footballs over-achievers who, despite few outside of Nottingham rating him, rarely let England down. 

Terry McDermott was the opposite. Playing alongside Souness for Liverpool he was widely regarded as the best English midfielder in Division One, but was an absolute piecan in and England shirt.  

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

This thread is more entertaining that watching the game!

I switched over to the big band prom on the Beeb - hell of an improvement on the football!

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Carlton Palmer was one of footballs over-achievers who, despite few outside of Nottingham rating him, rarely let England down. 

Terry McDermott was the opposite. Playing alongside Souness for Liverpool he was widely regarded as the best English midfielder in Division One, but was an absolute piecan in and England shirt.  

2 belters from the permed master:

2 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Fan on the field. Literally the most exciting thing to happen so far.

It was a who put on twitter if he gets 400 retweets he said he'd invade the pitch and ended up getting that pretty comfortably. He then live streamed the invasion so you could see it from his point of view. Genuinely the most exciting thing to happen in an England game for a while...

• Admin

This is the first game under Southgate I have watched after my chosen entertainment this evening was ended by injury to Kyle Edmund.

Can I suggest anyone else who has doubts about LJ to join me in watching this game. Southgate's England side are so dour and the match is littered by our midfielders under hitting, misdirected passes to each other. I genuinely believe Pack would have played better than our central midfielders tonight had he been selected. 

Archived