IGNORED

Loan watch 2017/18 Season

GrahamC

13 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

He seems to have settled in really well next to Sonny Bradley who is a real hard case so no doubt Zac is reaping the benefits of that. If there`s a forward that needs roughing up, Sonny`s your man!

I’ve only seen a bit of Sonny Bradley but he looks like a very similar player to Flint (without the incredible scoring record). Does anyone think he could be a good replacement for Flint if he moves on this summer?

6 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

I’ve only seen a bit of Sonny Bradley but he looks like a very similar player to Flint (without the incredible scoring record). Does anyone think he could be a good replacement for Flint if he moves on this summer?

I`m not sure if he could make the step up if I`m honest. He can be a bit agricultural at times but he is a leader. Plymouth are one of those sides with no real stars but the team is much better than the sum of its parts. As far as scoring goes, he did get 7 in 44 last season but that was in League 2. He`s got four in 32 this season. The one thing that does surprise me about him though is he`s only been booked twice and sent off once all season.

9 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Tell you summit, our youngsters out on loan are doing very good

22 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Jake Andrews has scored from a free kick against Swindle this afternoon.

Taylor Moore assist for the second goal too :)

I know the kid personally, and played with him start of the season so a little bias but Jake’s got some talent. City must see something in him for the 5 year contract and really hope he makes it.

What a team to score your first goal against... heres to hoping he turns out half as good as the last player we had from Westbury

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

I know the kid personally, and played with him start of the season so a little bias but Jake’s got some talent. City must see something in him for the 5 year contract and really hope he makes it.

What a team to score your first goal against... heres to hoping he turns out half as good as the last player we had from Westbury

5 years.... wow 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Jake Andrews is ridiculously good at free kicks. Some absolute crackers he's scored for the under 23s. I wonder how he played yesterday. I could not find any comments about him on the Cheltenham forum.

All I could find is that he had a couple of huge long throws that surprised everyone. 

17 hours ago, MarcusX said:

who was the last player we had from Westbury? 

18 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think he is referring to big John Atyeo, I would be surprised if he was the last player we had from there.

I know John Atyeo as a school teacher taught Rob Newman. Did Biff ever play for Westbury?

On 12/03/2018 at 12:57, Port Said Red said:

I think he is referring to big John Atyeo, I would be surprised if he was the last player we had from there.

I was, I made an assumption as I couldn’t find any record of anyone else though I am probably wrong! He’s the only one that matters though right...

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Doing an interview on Max O'Leary with a journalist who covers Solihull Moors tomorrow. Might ask him how often O'Leary boots it straight out of play.

Why don't you also ask how often he is asked to target the head of a player stood on the touch line as well?

Just so a valid comparison can actually be made.

I see that Tin Plavotic has returned from Barnet as they are looking to reduce their squad size. I don't know how much value he got from his time there as he never seemed to get off the bench despite them being incredibly bad. I wonder if we can get him some game time more locally before the end of the season?

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I see that Tin Plavotic has returned from Barnet as they are looking to reduce their squad size. I don't know how much value he got from his time there as he never seemed to get off the bench despite them being incredibly bad. I wonder if we can get him some game time more locally before the end of the season?

Under the current loan system it would have to be a non league side wouldn't it?

A mixed day for our loanees

Jonny Smith with AFC Fyldes first in their 2-0 win. 

Zak Vyner clean sheet  as Argyle win 4-0 

A 9th clean sheet for O'Leary 

A good away win for Torquay with Lemmonheigh-Evans playing the full 90 minutes, no sign of Dowling though, probably because he played for our U23's yesterday

Bad news, Taylor Moore gave away the deciding Penalty, got booked and subbed off straight away in Cheltenhams 0-1 defeat to Carlisle. Morrell played the 90, but there was no sign off Andrews, not even on the bench. It must be an injury I think. As someone said earlier in this thread, they have scored 8 goals when he has played the full 90. No goals without him today.

Archived