IGNORED

Obscurest City Players

ZiderEyed

There was a goalkeeper we signed at the start of a season, I think around the same time we had Andy Leaning? I can't remember his name (which makes him pretty obscure) but I think he was actually substituted during his one and only appearance, he was so bad.

In addition, if you look at the squad after the 1982 collapse, the one that 17 year old Wayne Bray was Captain of, you will find a lor of very obscure players.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-city/tab/players/season/1982/ 

I don't remember Mark Smith or Les Carter at all, Ray Gooding rings a bell and I think Billy Down was a youth player. Peter Devine came via Canada I think.

24 minutes ago, Float'n Over said:

Martyn Hurst, played whilst a student as I recall just after 82 under TC

But definitely not 'obscure', as the scorer of one of City's most glorious goals that symbolically brought to an end the darkest days. 

Did I tell you about how I nearly got beaten up in the home end when that goal went in? Yes, I have mentioned it a few times before on here, so won't do so again. Thanks the police!

3 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Not sure either. Tragic 80s hair is all I remember. 

Yes his hair was pretty bad! The only thing I remember him doing on the pitch was hitting the post with a penalty at Cardiff in the game we went on to win 3-0. Great goal from Bob Taylor that day.

33 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There was a goalkeeper we signed at the start of a season, I think around the same time we had Andy Leaning? I can't remember his name (which makes him pretty obscure) but I think he was actually substituted during his one and only appearance, he was so bad.

In addition, if you look at the squad after the 1982 collapse, the one that 17 year old Wayne Bray was Captain of, you will find a lor of very obscure players.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-city/tab/players/season/1982/ 

I don't remember Mark Smith or Les Carter at all, Ray Gooding rings a bell and I think Billy Down was a youth player. Peter Devine came via Canada I think.

Ian Leigh?

3 hours ago, jambodinho said:

Lorenzo Pinamonte 

Lorenzo is an obscure one indeed and the first that springs to mind (oddly). The last Italian to play for City since we got Pisano me believes?!

Another one would be Sieb Dijkstra. On loan from QPR if I remember and it was said he had one of the longest goal kicks around at the time.

Archived