IGNORED

Obscurest City Players

ZiderEyed

Len Bond.

Was on City's books for over 5 years from 1971-76 but only made a handful periods as reserve keeper to Mike Gibson and then Ray Cashley.

Went on to have a successful career in the lower leagues and later returned to the club as a goalkeeping coach.

9 hours ago, Northern Red said:

We've had several keepers, some of whom went on to much better things, who sat on our bench for several games without ever playing a game for us- Ben Foster, Boaz Myhill, Adam Federici, Steve Collis, Tynan Scope, Dave Richards, there's probably more.

I never knew that Ben Foster played for us. Just checked in out and it turns out that he went to Tiverton Town after the unsuccessful loan spell here.

11 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Does anyone remember the name of the guy we had on loan from Rangers (if I remember correctly?) about 15 years ago. He made his debut, lasted about 10 minutes on the pitch before turning on his leg awkwardly and knackering his knee? That was the sum total of his time with us.

Midlands Robin, have you been living life in the fast lane over the past 7 or 8 years? The striker is Andrius Velicka from Rangers who terminated his loan in 2010. He's the first player who springs to mind as an obscure City player. 

13 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Midlands Robin, have you been living life in the fast lane over the past 7 or 8 years? The striker is Andrius Velicka from Rangers who terminated his loan in 2010. He's the first player who springs to mind as an obscure City player. 

Yeah, it's been one of those months already. I know I was at the game but thought it was years ago. Thanks for the memory jog. 

1 hour ago, Malago said:

Len Bond.

Was on City's books for over 5 years from 1971-76 but only made a handful periods as reserve keeper to Mike Gibson and then Ray Cashley.

Went on to have a successful career in the lower leagues and later returned to the club as a goalkeeping coach.

Some more from the early 70s:

Steve Stacey

Joe Durrell

Eddie Woods

David Bruton

Steve (brother of Tom) Ritchie

and a few that were obscure for us but went on to have decent careers elsewhere:

Mike Mahoney

Colin Lee

Mark Mcghee

Archived