IGNORED

Obscurest City Players

ZiderEyed

2 hours ago, Big C said:

He almost took us to a league cup final as well 

That goal Mardon scored at Forest was superb - not just the great finish, but the build up as well (including a "Walshy shuffle"). Big following from City there that night. I think I remember reading about one fan breaking his ankle during the goal celebration.

7 minutes ago, Offside said:

That goal Mardon scored at Forest was superb - not just the great finish, but the build up as well (including a "Walshy shuffle"). Big following from City there that night. I think I remember reading about one fan breaking his ankle during the goal celebration.

I drove to that game with my boss at the time who happened to be a Forest fan. I told him to watch out for the 'Walshy Shuffle' ;)

6 minutes ago, Big C said:

I drove to that game with my boss at the time who happened to be a Forest fan. I told him to watch out for the 'Walshy Shuffle' ;)

Remember going to the game then coming back and watching "Midweek Sport Special" over and over again to the point where I knew the commentary for our goal off by heart...

".....Jordan was there poised, and the ball breaks and it's a fine shot, and it's in! The youngster, Mardon, has given Bristol City the lead. Who would have believed it!"

Think I wore that VHS out!

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Anyone remember a youngster called Gary Smith c.1980?  A really exciting forward, but he disappeared quickly without trace. 

A few interesting young keepers who were on loan to us but never made an appearance: Wayne Hennessy, Adam Federici, Boaz Myhill.  They all did ok elsewhere.

Yep.

CityvFulham02.jpg

I wanted to say Carl Hutchings but somehow he racked up 42 games!? I remember him being very poor!

I  also have a faint memory as a child of him scoring the first goal in the 6-1 home loss to Wolves that became infamous for the half time 3 little pigs scrap!

I think I remember it cos we were shocked he'd scored

Archived