IGNORED

Obscurest City Players

ZiderEyed

56 minutes ago, nathredwood said:

I wanted to say Carl Hutchings but somehow he racked up 42 games!? I remember him being very poor!

I  also have a faint memory as a child of him scoring the first goal in the 6-1 home loss to Wolves that became infamous for the half time 3 little pigs scrap!

I think I remember it cos we were shocked he'd scored

Good memory. You're right, I just checked.

On a side note, David Connolly of Wolves got 6 goals in 35 appearances that season. 4 of them coming in that one game..

Jehad Muntasser

I've just heard this name on Talksport for the first time, apparently played a game for Arsenal alongside Ray Parlour, but Parlour couldn't remember him. Thought it was made up. 

Anyway, googled him & apparently he played 23 games for us and scored 9 goals.

But in the same Wikipedia article, it says he's never played a first team game for us and was released. 

Anyone remember him? 

17 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Jehad Muntasser

I've just heard this name on Talksport for the first time, apparently played a game for Arsenal alongside Ray Parlour, but Parlour couldn't remember him. Thought it was made up. 

Anyway, googled him & apparently he played 23 games for us and scored 9 goals.

But in the same Wikipedia article, it says he's never played a first team game for us and was released. 

Anyone remember him? 

Got him on a free, don’t think he ever played for the first team

On 05/09/2017 at 16:27, One Team In Keynsham said:

Whatever ever happened to Bob Newman? Rob's twin brother I guess.

Gary Smith was a youngster, good skills but no eye for goal. Played for Bath City in the Conference for a few seasons where he was a decent player.

was trying to find if Jim McIntyre played a game for us or not, and saw the name Maddison playing against Reading. Absolutely no recollection of him at all.

On 05/09/2017 at 09:40, David Brent said:

And the rest...

Brought back some painful memories

Like the departure of Nigel Martyn in the 89-90 season. Lovely mistake!

I'll go for Phil Starbuck. Before the coffee chain was known over here, his name was associated with Battlestar Gslactica.

9 hours ago, Chappers said:

was trying to find if Jim McIntyre played a game for us or not, and saw the name Maddison playing against Reading. Absolutely no recollection of him at all.

Neil, a Geordie midfielder came on loan from Boro for a month or so.

Steady Eddie type, nothing flash but didn't give the ball away much.

Biggest claim to fame is that he is one of Alan Shearer's biggest mates. 

Archived