IGNORED

Wright or flint

bengalcub

10 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Monkeh don't get personal ! That's very childish , I'm not stupid I saw the interview on the news sl was being interviewed in Guernsey I believe , it's ok I didn't expect an apology after all some people find it difficult to admit when they are wrong . 

its obvious from your posts that you find it hard yes

Back on topic (!) Saudi Arabia's win over Japan last night meant they qualified for Russia & has made Australia's route to the World Cup far, far tougher.

They will now face Syria in a two game play off (October 5th and 10th, away game obviously played at a neutral venue, so far Syria have been playing "home" games in Malaysia) and if they get through will have to then play the lowest qualifying North/ Central American side over two legs in November.

I think that Wright will be back to face Reading on Saturday, (in fact he is probably on a flight back right now), but the second of the two legs in October comes just 3 days before the Burton home game, so if Australia are home in the second one I'd be amazed if he started that one..

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Back on topic (!) Saudi Arabia's win over Japan last night meant they qualified for Russia & has made Australia's route to the World Cup far, far tougher.

They will now face Syria in a two game play off (October 5th and 10th, away game obviously played at a neutral venue, so far Syria have been playing "home" games in Malaysia) and if they get through will have to then play the lowest qualifying South American side over two legs in November.

I think that Wright will be back to face Reading on Saturday, (in fact he is probably on a flight back right now), but the second of the two legs in October comes just 3 days before the Burton home game, so if Australia are home in the second one I'd be amazed if he started that one..

I'm sure I remember them playing Scotland in a 2 leg playoff in the 80's?

On 05/09/2017 at 11:21, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The game is football, this is not like Charlie Hebdo making fun of the prophet Mohammed, footballers have really interesting nicknames like Flinty, Wrighty, Fieldy, Bryany (whoops sounds like a girls name),  footballers being such intelligent creatures tend to either add a Y or and O to the surname, Little Lee is just a perfect description of who he actually is and an understanding of the fact that he is the son of our former manager the equally little but older Gary.

You cannot differentiate between people who call him by that moniker into groups of for or against, that is pathetic, in fact I would wager that LJ would far rather be known as little Lee than some other choice names that many a BCFC manager including him has had thrown at them over the years, unless we approve the football nickname of Leeey or Johnsony or Leeo or Johno.

Pass the prawn sandwiches.

No one ever called Gary Johnson. , ' Little Gary ' , why do you suppose that was ? 

Did GJ command more respect ?

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

No one ever called Gary Johnson. , ' Little Gary ' , why do you suppose that was ? 

Did GJ command more respect ?

Because he achieved, of course the season after the play off season the names that he was being called by some was far worse than a first name preceeded by the moniker 'little'.

On 04/09/2017 at 16:15, Esmond Million's Bung said:

For one game and half an hour of the 2nd.

The 3rd game we got lucky but to our credit kept on until the end.

The 4th game we ran out of ideas against a limited team and created very few clear cut chances, Millwall deserved their point.

The 5th game 2 teams of equal ability/inability, we held our own and improved from the previous 3 performances, this is a very average Villa team, again neither teams created a lot.

I hope you are right about a mid table finish, my fear is teams know how the best way to play against is

I agree and I am not suggesting LJ demanded that, but they are professionals and should be above a instinctive reaction, they have most of the week to prepare and drill themselves into not falling into the same old traps.

And your post furthers my overall problem with our CM and that is Smith and Pack whinge and whine a lot but neither possesses a football brain or a leaders brain, neither organise, neither has a 90 minute discipline, it needs a proper leader who makes them step up and not step back.

In many ways Smith and Pack are a perfect CM combination, Smith is a better tackler and has a better engine, Pack is a better passer but can also tackle, if only one of them could organise the midfield troops, realise when they are light in numbers and get somebody back and make sure they recognise midfield runners, but 2 years or more down the line they don't and they can't.

Also please why is Pack the main free kick guy?.

I think your right dont see much difference from last year except a bit tighter at the back but we will see after the next batch of tough games be interesting to see where we stand five to eight games time after all we havent played any of the big guns yet

Archived