IGNORED

Four years...Do we miss the Bristol derby?

Mr Popodopolous

Bristol derby  

248 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Spot on . And they we're use to beating us in that era . And Holloway missed that penalty. Football just isn't the same. But I still don't want to play the pikey ***** 

Correction. Andy Leaning saved it :thumbsup:

• Admin
17 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Said it before, no doubt will say it again: if we never play them again in a competitive fixture for the rest of my days (by virtue, of course, of us being in a higher division) that will suit me.

This is as I see it, they are part of our history and fingers crossed nothing to do with our future!!

Do people honestly reckon Stoke give a shit about not playing Port Vale anymore

3 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

I loved and hated the derbies in equal measure but I wouldn't want them back.

Yes, the atmosphere was great but having watched a lot of them in the 80's, there are very few worse feelings in football than losing to that shower and hearing their fans crow about it afterwards. This happened far too much back then for my liking.

Ironically, my favourite City game was the Donowa derby. Mainly for the hair-raising atmosphere and to finally put one over them after years of getting beat.

was that the game where the ball was on the line, and he had to kneel down and push it over from 6 inches out?

Anyone who has supported the club for a long time must surely miss these games? The atmosphere, the sense of hatred, and yes, sending the scum running back North of the river was fun also. Those were the days.

Nowadays, very little atmosphere currently (although night game v Villa was good), just need a bit of a buzz around the ground more often for me.

But that is "prawn sandwich" football nowadays I suppose? Different times at AG.

If they catch us up both on and off the field (which looks fairly unlikely) then so be it but untill then no they can **** off. It's a genuine no win situation for us as it stands, if we beat them it's the same old bullshit that financially we are so superior we should bla bla and if we lose then it's horrendous for months and months after. 

Atmosphere wise though it can't be beaten I must admitt. The Cardiff derby has become tame in recent years.

As a relatively young city fan (early twenties) there's definitely a teeny part of me that wants rovers to be promoted and compete with us in the championship.

Beating your rivals is what football's all about. Since I've been watching city (around 2004), rovers have failed to rival us in any sense. Sure, I pretend Cardiff are our rivals. But I don't know a single Cardiff fan, and I've only ever been to Cardiff a handful of times! Same with Swindon. So I definitely feel I'm missing out on something with Rovers being so endlessly in our shadow. 

3 hours ago, bris red said:

If they catch us up both on and off the field (which looks fairly unlikely) then so be it but untill then no they can **** off. It's a genuine no win situation for us as it stands, if we beat them it's the same old bullshit that financially we are so superior we should bla bla and if we lose then it's horrendous for months and months after. 

Atmosphere wise though it can't be beaten I must admitt. The Cardiff derby has become tame in recent years.

This....

I miss the games, looking for their fans, goading them....

But they can play us when they deserve it. Until that time, **** 'em!

(I do remember a game at Trumpton where we scored first, i ended up at the bottom of a collapsed 'surge', by the time we got back up they'd equalised!)

1 hour ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I think this 'we've moved on to bigger things' bit is asking for trouble.  One bad season and we're in the same division. That's all.

I can see that tbh. I perhaps jumped the gun.

I as we all do were very happy when they were non League. At one point after we were 3 divisions apart- we had got mathematical promotion to this level and they had playoff final to win. Looked less than certain.

Had they lost that I think we would have got rid of the Gas. They would have been stuck either in the Conference or when they came up League Two for years.

Would have been excellent...Alas. One division again the gap.

Archived