IGNORED

RM Poll

Charlie BCFC

RM Poll  

228 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Id throw Leko straight in 

With his potential attacking prowess Id be happy to be 'solid' in the other three positions (Bit of a left field call but I'd consider Kelly in front of Joe)

(Lee won't do this I accept)

I think I'd actually go 4-5-1 with Leko and Elliason (or Patterson as less of a gamble) 'unleashed' to support FD , either side of a three of Smith/ Pack/Brownhill probably , with a potential argument of GON to play centrally

Tell the back four to keep their shape , two of the central midfielders to shield back four and the responsibility to support FD coming from the two wide players and to some extent JB (Or BR ?)

Very harsh on BR , but think it would work well going forward and yield more pts than our current set up.and tempted to have him in Brownhills role but think that's heart over head

Lee has a strong belief in the system and new players learning that and their role (Which is an understandable strategy) so I don't expect him to make significant changes - He May be tempted to throw Leko in and in that case I think he'd leave JB out

Spoke to a Baggies fan in work today, said Leko is an exciting talent, however he is lacking the end product, for me sounded like bolasie when he was here. 

He said he hopes that we can help him learn and gain some end product and become more of the player bolasie was at palace.

Think it will be 10 if not all 11 of the starters from last game.

I'm really excited to see Leko and Eliasson, but away to Reading is a big call.

@BobBobSuperBob @GrahamC @RedM @Septic Peg And all the others deciding between Pack and Smith.  My personal preference is Pack, but it's a close thing.  I think we will find out what we miss when either of them don't play.  Whether their replacement negates that and gives us more I don't know.

Its probably one where it would be really useful to know in-depth what LJ expects from them, and how it fits the style / tactics.

I agree that a top player in that position is a necessity to move to the next level.

Tough call.  Brownhill....still got a lot to prove fir a whole 90 in a central 2.  Got the talent though.  GON not fit for Reading.

As of today leko hasn't even trained with us yet as he been away with England . Eliasson needs work on the  defensive side of his game , which if he loses shape we'll get ripped apart at reading . So I went for josh but expect that to change in the next few games with Korey dropping to the bench . 

13 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Maybe controversial here but I'm becoming (sadly) convinced that neither Smith or Pack will take us forward at this level - if that's our aim

Really like both , their part in the L1 title , and appreciate the qualities they have  I've traditionally been more of a Smith than Pack fan but Pack has improved for me while Korey has struggled to find his best

In simple terms I look at them both and tend to think they're not quite good enough defensively or as an attacking threat - they're not poor players , they're both very good players but at this level I'm increasingly thinking they're not going to take us forward - they're 'okish' in both roles defensively/creative but not great in either

They're not a disaster but I think both need upgrading 

I would like both of them to play a part in our journey forward (:fingerscrossed:) but I just don't see it as it stands (IMHO Smith , if he found his best and alongside a quality midfield general / creative partner could carry on the journey but needs to get motoring)

Head over heart says upgrade

Am I being harsh - I'm Sure there will be , but many ? , who can see Pack / Smith being part of our midfield in 12-18 months time ?

I don't think harsh, but I reckon Pack would flourish alongside quality too. For me they are both good at this level, but neither particularly suited to their role or eachother to see their best. 

I think Pack is the more consistent of the two, but that Korey is easier to find a partner for. If I was manager, Pack would have been the player replaced this summer.

It is not really that dissimilar to Baker for Flint. Flint is good at this level and I don't doubt he could be part of a promoted team, but Baker is more rounded and doesn't demand surrounding with acceleration. 

24 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

I think I am the only one to vote for COD. He has improved his defensive positioning and he is a genuine winger who carries the ball into danger areas. Am i the only one seeing the improvement? I'll get my coat.

Don't think I'd start him atm , and I know it goes against the consensus atm , but I do think there's a good and effective player in there - just needs to grow to this level 

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't think I'd start him atm , and I know it goes against the consensus atm , but I do think there's a good and effective player in there - just needs to grow to this level 

I think he is growing into that level as The Irish seem to see. Not sure he fits into the shape that LJ wants however. He doesnt seem to want wingers but wide players who drift and float to provide angles and extra men through midfield for link up play.

22 hours ago, RedDave said:

People want a wide open team against a side who will have 70% possession?!  Amazing.

To get anything from this game we will need to be hard to break down, press, and hit on the break.

Diedhiou hold up play has been poor so far but I guess he needs to play for the greater good of him learning 

.                  Fielding

Pisano.  Wright Baker. Bryan

Brownhill Smith Reid

Leko. Diedhiou. Paterson

Sure posters will pick up on Reid in midfield but he can still get forward from there I would hope and that is a busy midfield

I would disagree with Diédhiou's hold up play I think it's been rather good I just don't think he's getting in the right positions. I like the team though and maybe could use it as an alternative. The formation could utilise Diédhiou well

Fielding

Pisano        Wright         Baker         Bryan

Smith                  Pack

Brownhill               Reid                  Paterson

Diedhiou

How I think it will be, when Leko has settled in, put him at RM and push Brownhill into Smith's position.

10 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Fielding

Pisano        Wright         Baker         Bryan

Smith                  Pack

Brownhill               Reid                  Paterson

Diedhiou

How I think it will be, when Leko has settled in, put him at RM and push Brownhill into Smith's position.

I think this is how we've been set up recently anyway isn't it? I know it's nominal 4-4-2 but looking at it Reid drops back and Brownhill and especially Paterson are further forward (although Paterson also seems to come a lot narrower).

1 hour ago, City Ben said:

I think this is how we've been set up recently anyway isn't it? I know it's nominal 4-4-2 but looking at it Reid drops back and Brownhill and especially Paterson are further forward (although Paterson also seems to come a lot narrower).

Yeah it is pretty much as per usual and I can't see Johnson chopping and changing too much. I was just making the point that I would move Leko to RM and drop Brownhill in for Smith really in an ideal world and when Leko has trained with the squad etc.

Archived