IGNORED

Steepest street in BS3

bristolcitysweden

20 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Living on a steep street.

Best pick?

Right.

In BS3, Redcatch Hill is pretty steep and to get to it you start on St Johns Lane - this is where the original Bristol City FC played and is therefore the club's spiritual home (a club called Bedminster FC played at Ashton Gate originally)

Vale St in Totterdown, along with the nearby Summer Hill and Park St, is very steep but doesn't count because (1) they're south of the river but not in BS3, and (2) you'd actually be looking out across the city directly towards the Memorial Ground, which isn't the vibe you're looking for I suspect!

Does the hill have to actually be in BS3, or will close by do? House or flat?

I walk up to Clifton a fair bit from BS3 and Clifton Vale and Ambra Vale are pretty steep.

When I was a young teenager my Dad sometimes used to 'kindly' pick me up after City games at the top of Granby Hill - that was a fair hike too.

Hotwells and Hotwell Road is still a very good area for pubs Tommy, as discussed elsewhere on OTIB  recently, so somewhere around there with easy access to the centre, AG and all the pleasures of the waterfront might be ideal.

1 hour ago, Judda said:

If you like steep I think Totterdown has the steepest in the country....

I seem to remember a street in Totterdown my mate & me used to go up & down on our motor bikes just for the hell of it. That was pre 1970 & a move to Oz, it was the only way my tired old beeza could lift the front wheel.

After doing a google search I think it may have been Vale St.

PROPER JOB :whistle:

Archived