IGNORED

Graffiti artwork in Ashton Gate

phantom

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

So people are getting upset about artwork being painted inside the stadium because

1. It's not "street" enough and

2. one of the artists previously pulled out of painting a fans Memorial Mural for reasons that cannot be made public?

It seems that some fans have been crying out for this sort of thing for years, and when it finally happens then all they do is deride the clubs efforts.

No pleasing some people.

As somebody who has been supportive of Bristol Sport and applauded the redevelopment I think its fair to say what Bristol Sport are doing and what fans like Ciderhead were calling for is very different. I think it may be a case of fans being too street for Bristol Sport who are running the stadium for Steve Lansdown and control what is going on. Its now a big organisation and the days of Beryl in the club shop being  able to get things done for fans are gone.

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

As the museum seems to have stalled, would it be an idea to have (secure) display cases dotted around the concourse with museum type stuff on show?

I'm guessing this won't be possible on a low level as fold down seating and tables have been refused due to H&S so extra furniture isn't going to get a nod

23 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Yes you are missing the obvious with all respect. Why would anybody be negative or disrespectful about a City fans memorial or the Atyeo statue!! Evidently according to posters on this forum the former happened. When it comes down to that sort of thing it should be case of be respectful or shut up.

Ok I obviously was missing the obvious. 

Honest questions: had the club given the green light to a fans' memorial? And by fans in the plural I assume this was a piece to commemorate all of our fellow reds no longer with us? 

1 hour ago, Trueredsupporte said:

As somebody who has been supportive of Bristol Sport and applauded the redevelopment I think its fair to say what Bristol Sport are doing and what fans like Ciderhead were calling for is very different. I think it may be a case of fans being too street for Bristol Sport who are running the stadium for Steve Lansdown and control what is going on. Its now a big organisation and the days of Beryl in the club shop being  able to get things done for fans are gone.

Not sure about 'Too street'' just some ideas to make the carpark and stand walls a bit more bcfc with ideas from what fans liked that was in the old Eastend and Eastend car park.

Nothing too OTT and would look in uniform with the white wall concourse 

IMG_7212.JPGIMG_7211.JPGIMG_7208.JPGIMG_7199.PNG

14 minutes ago, cider head said:

Not sure about 'Too street'' just some ideas to make the carpark and stand walls a bit more bcfc with ideas from what fans liked that was in the old Eastend and Eastend car park.

Quite impressive. what I meant was I think Bristol Sport find many fans too street. Its not their world and things are no longer what they were. Bristol Sport is becoming a big organisation and things like the branding the club is their role and what they are doing. They are in control and that means everything even where fans were once involved or the leaders.

That's why I asked has there been a change in attitude to fans with Bristol Sport taking over and rugby club moving in. For those of us not members of fan groups how did things used to get done? How were fans involved previously? I guess the old club who helped get things done are now gone and replaced by Bristol Sport who have a different take on things?

20 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Quite impressive. what I meant was I think Bristol Sport find many fans too street. Its not their world and things are no longer what they were. Bristol Sport is becoming a big organisation and things like the branding the club is their role and what they are doing. They are in control and that means everything even where fans were once involved or the leaders.

That's why I asked has there been a change in attitude to fans with Bristol Sport taking over and rugby club moving in. For those of us not members of fan groups how did things used to get done? How were fans involved previously? I guess the old club who helped get things done are now gone and replaced by Bristol Sport who have a different take on things?

I see.. Before meetings were with The supporters club and trust at the rising sun with club members present and meetings called to discuss the movement of fans around Ashton gate during the redevelopment where senior Bristol city and Bristol sport members of staff present, Andrew Bellingham, Mark Kelly and Martin G etc those who could give a yes or no on things and street art was part of these meetings along with flag waving and standing at football, all about the match day experience and ambience and fans asking to replace art that fans had done before i.e. The Eastend and car park, it was always met with a 'we are a shared stadium and a corporate function area so not possibly a good thing to do' or we keep an open mind on it.. I have also mentioned many times about the club getting involved in upfest and nothing until recently.. Nothing came of fan art after many times of asking, meetings, emails until we have seen this mural pop up now in the south stands concourse, no fan engagement or what do you think lads? And to answer yout question I have no idea why the change of attitude to do art now.. 

8 minutes ago, cider head said:

I see.. Before meetings were with The supporters club and trust at the rising sun with club members present and meetings called to discuss the movement of fans around Ashton gate during the redevelopment where senior Bristol city and Bristol sport members of staff present, Andrew Bellingham, Mark Kelly and Martin G etc those who could give a yes or no on things and street art was part of these meetings along with flag waving and standing at football, all about the match day experience and ambience and fans asking to replace art that fans had done before i.e. The Eastend and car park, it was always met with a 'we are a shared stadium and a corporate function area so not possibly a good thing to do' or we keep an open mind on it.. I have also mentioned many times about the club getting involved in upfest and nothing until recently.. Nothing came of fan art after many times of asking, meetings, emails until we have seen this mural pop up now in the south stands concourse, no fan engagement or what do you think lads? And to answer yout question I have no idea why the change of attitude to do art now.. 

With all due respect, maybe they did take on board all your suggestions from those consultation meetings but had to wait until the main construction and movement of fans was finalised before  they started implementing. 

The final decor / fans ambience was always going to be one of the last things to get done and now it seems they are putting the extra "fans" touches in place.....cider bar, wedlocks sign, city street art, flags etc 

7 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

With all due respect, maybe they did take on board all your suggestions from those consultation meetings but had to wait until the main construction and movement of fans was finalised before  they started implementing. 

The final decor / fans ambience was always going to be one of the last things to get done and now it seems they are putting the extra "fans" touches in place.....cider bar, wedlocks sign, city street art, flags etc 

Box ticking tokens mate, No Atyeo bar but concourse shutter with wedlock sign,  nice gesture maybe but many seeing it as box ticking.. Been to many meetings and heard it all before. 

4 minutes ago, cider head said:

Box ticking tokens mate, No Atyeo bar but concourse shutter with wedlock sign,  nice gesture maybe but many seeing it as box ticking.. Been to many meetings and heard it all before. 

As I understand it, they were in the throws of planning the atyeo bar before the decision (and the correct one in my eyes) to move the "home" fans into the south/dolman corner. They are now putting in place various other initiatives.

I appreciate you have put a lot of effort into consultations during the redevelopment but the vast majority of people appear to be more than happy with the decor, ambience and facilities available to home fans and all of this just sounds again like a particular group of fans that appear to want the moon on a stick

21 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

As I understand it, they were in the throws of planning the atyeo bar before the decision (and the correct one in my eyes) to move the "home" fans into the south/dolman corner. They are now putting in place various other initiatives.

I appreciate you have put a lot of effort into consultations during the redevelopment but the vast majority of people appear to be more than happy with the decor, ambience and facilities available to home fans and all of this just sounds again like a particular group of fans that appear to want the moon on a stick

Yeah it's not a lot some are asking and hardly the moon on a stick a bit of paint on walls to reflect our club and a few tables and chairs in a bar which the average fan lost from the dolman bar area, not exactly asking for my own person box for free...

But I take your point some do ask for more than can be given but what we asked for was fan involvement as my understanding of a club is that your made to feel part of and involved not spoon fed by a brand with the attitude of like it or bugger off. 

Art art work done by fans for free or money raised by fans so it would not cost the club anything but their wall.

On 09/09/2017 at 17:02, Three Lions said:

After a well known fan died the idea of fans mural came about. an artist was contacted about doing some work and was up for it. next time he was contacted his attitude changed 100% when he realised it was to do with Bristol City and in memory of fans who had passed on.  he was totally uninterested in even suggesting somebody who might be able to help out paint something for City fans who had died. it was disrespectful. and there he is painting at the home of fans he clearly thinks nothing of.

I have spoken to the artist in question this evening and this doesn't tally at all with what he told me. He had his reasons for not taking the commission, which out of respect for his privacy I won't go into. However, he has absolutely nothing against City fans and goes to AG every now and then to watch a game. 

On 09/09/2017 at 14:31, RedKatieScarlett said:

My small itk will tell you these facts!

Banksy has been a City fan since before the 80s...

He is a regular attendee at Ashton Gate ...

... and is, as we all know, notoriously secretive about his identity as well as his choice of subjects for his work. No one      " commissions" a Banksy!

Wow he is older than i thought. It was a joke about the commission.

Are you his wife/sister? I suppose its obvious that he would support The Robin s

On 09/09/2017 at 13:29, RedLionLad said:

And this event where artist were invited to paint the walls when many turned up and were not given any brief on what to paint so inkie just tagged his name and missing the whole point of the day about the community trust getting artists to paint/spray a football bcfc theme, it wasn't until after the event where the fans who inspired this day i.e. Work put up in the eastend (who were not invited) had to point out what was missing, something to the point of Bristol city that only then the go ahead was given to do something the other end of the car park. So it's not the first time fans have been ignored over their asking of an idea at Bristol city.

These bits of art came after that event and painted at night with no fuss.

IMG_1821.JPGIMG_2026.JPGIMG_2039.JPGIMG_2453.JPG

13 hours ago, cider head said:

12 hours ago, cider head said:

Thanks for the reply. Interesting. what I was implying was these are new directors and employees who were not part of the club that previously allowed painting in the East End and car park. The club is being rebranded by their direction as Bristol Sport. Its slick and professional and they will have their targets to hit. The identity of the club is now Bristol Sport and they want to appeal to? Middle class families corporates. That's where the money is. That is modern football as you know too well here. Its the pay off for redevelopment and progress.

What people are not picking up on this thread and having a pop at is that fans want to work with it not against it. The ideas above seriously anybody what is there is not to like or object to??

21 hours ago, Three Lions said:

it would not be sensible to put it out in the open. most people take a dim view of taking the piss out of ideas like memorials.

So he actually took the piss out of doing a memorial piece? I know the artist and at worst he could be percieved as a tad cocky or arrogant but he's a good bloke with a big heart. 

That's obviously not the impression you got. Interested to comprehend how your dealings with him as I'm just confused how things went so badly but he proposed Cheo do it instead

A very good friend who passed is named on your current mural and he's was good friends with Inkie for years as is John Nation

It's not that I don't believe you it's just how it's come accros poses more Questions than answers

1 hour ago, RaspberryRed said:

So he actually took the piss out of doing a memorial piece? I know the artist and at worst he could be percieved as a tad cocky or arrogant but he's a good bloke with a big heart. 

That's obviously not the impression you got. Interested to comprehend how your dealings with him as I'm just confused how things went so badly but he proposed Cheo do it instead

A very good friend who passed is named on your current mural and he's was food friends with Inkie for years as is John Nations

It's not that I don't believe you it's just how it's come accros poses more Questions than answers

Tad cocky and arrogant. Your description and in a pm a poster has described the same person as notoriously unreliable and ignoring e mails and phone calls sounds just like him.

Arranged to meet him. Went from keen to ignore everything mode as soon as he knew it was about City, a fans memorial and we were also doing something for a kids football charity.  Two weeks of repeated ignored mails stated exactly what it was all about. Didnt answer his phone. All polite all nice and patient as you like because he had said he was up for it originally. As time was dragging on to the flag day he was asked if he was no longer interested could he recommend anybody. more silence. He did not propose anybody.  Weeks in it was it was decided the bloke is an ignorant toss pot who has wasted peoples time and took the piss and its best to look elsewhere.

Added some detail but only because you asked. You will call it what you want. There is more but that is 100% it on this side.

14 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Not just a stick. But a Bristol City stick. Painted in accordance to a fan led colour scheme.

I am clearly missing something here. The Lions has a fans memorial on it, paid for and commissioned by fans (and well done to those involved), and the Bristol Sport are adding a bit of colour to the concourses of their stadium to make things prettier for the fans of both football and rugby who use these areas.

So unless I have missed something, the only complaint is that in the stadium they have used an artist with shoddy personal admin who went from being interested in painting the memorial to not interested but didn't communicate that very well.

Regarding the three lions mural I have no problem with any artist decided they did not want to do the work and that is their prerogative, all that was needed is a sorry I am flat out with work have you given so and so a call so the people organising this project could move on and get an artist in to do the work by the deadline set and not left waiting for emails and returned voice mails.

In the end Cheo did the mural and I am happy with the outcome. 

41 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Tad cocky and arrogant. Your description and in a pm a poster has described the same person as notoriously unreliable and ignoring e mails and phone calls sounds just like him.

Arranged to meet him. Went from keen to ignore everything mode as soon as he knew it was about City, a fans memorial and charity.  Repeated ignored mails stated exactly what it was all about. Didnt answer his phone. All polite all nice and patient as you like because he had said he was up for it originally. As time was dragging on to the flag day he was asked if he was no longer interested could he recommend anybody. more silence. He did not propose anybody.  Weeks in it was it was decided the bloke is an ignorant toss pot who has wasted peoples time and took the piss and its best to look elsewhere.

Added some detail but only because you asked. You will call it what you want. There is more but that is 100% it on this side.

I don't really want to get into this but you're right his communication skills are notoriously awful and I feel your pain and frustrarion in that respect.

You're entitlled to add that all up and label him a piss taker. The trouble is you've portrayed it as him sullying the names of those that have have passed as opposed to him being uber flaky at arranging to paint a wall.

You can't walk around Bedminster without falling over a decent artist so suprised you didn't give up on him when his communication was so shit/frustrating and move onto someone else.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not just a stick. But a Bristol City stick. Painted in accordance to a fan led colour scheme.

I am clearly missing something here. The Lions has a fans memorial on it, paid for and commissioned by fans (and well done to those involved), and the Bristol Sport are adding a bit of colour to the concourses of their stadium to make things prettier for the fans of both football and rugby who use these areas.

So unless I have missed something, the only complaint is that in the stadium they have used an artist with shoddy personal admin who went from being interested in painting the memorial to not interested but didn't communicate that very well.

A point is fans have asked to do similar work inside Ashton gate with fund raising and doing all the leg work, only thing the club had to do is give a wall space,  no was the answer many times due to it being all corporate space and shared rugby stadium (another reason why flags can't stay up and have to be put away) now we see a mural put up by the club? Permanent when fans were told this is a no, no so what has changed and why have fans not been able to get involved when those asking have a long history of work like this at the ground.

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 22:32, Three Lions said:

Pity they used an artist who took the piss over the City fans mural in West street.

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 01:18, Three Lions said:

why are fans apart from yourself not involved at all? and why is somebody who took the piss over the idea of a fans memorial involved at all?

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 17:02, Three Lions said:

After a well known fan died the idea of fans mural came about. an artist was contacted about doing some work and was up for it. next time he was contacted his attitude changed 100% when he realised it was to do with Bristol City and in memory of fans who had passed on.  he was totally uninterested in even suggesting somebody who might be able to help out paint something for City fans who had died. it was disrespectful. and there he is painting at the home of fans he clearly thinks nothing of.

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 08:09, Three Lions said:

reading between the lines it seems to be that you have already said its true they used an artist who took the piss over the City fans memorial mural in West street but its ok good superb. it would be different if that was your mates on it.

23 hours ago, Three Lions said:

it would not be sensible to put it out in the open. most people take a dim view of taking the piss out of ideas like memorials.

1 hour ago, Three Lions said:

Arranged to meet him. Went from keen to ignore everything mode as soon as he knew it was about City, a fans memorial and we were also doing something for a kids football charity.  Two weeks of repeated ignored mails stated exactly what it was all about. Didnt answer his phone. All polite all nice and patient as you like because he had said he was up for it originally. As time was dragging on to the flag day he was asked if he was no longer interested could he recommend anybody. more silence. He did not propose anybody.  Weeks in it was it was decided the bloke is an ignorant toss pot who has wasted peoples time and took the piss and its best to look elsewhere.

Just for clarification, the narrative throughout your posts is that the person in question 'took the piss out of a memorial mural'.....this to me suggests that he was in some way derogatory towards it. However, your last post which goes into a bit more detail seems to suggest that you feel he has 'taken the piss' because he did not respond after showing an initial interest. So which is it as this appears fundamental to the whole argument?

Did he show an interest but after realising it was city related decided not to do it and was a bit of a c0ck for not responding OR

Did he blatantly take the piss / was derogatory toward the idea of a city memorial mural in which case, yes, he is a c u next tuesday 

10 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Just for clarification, the narrative throughout your posts is that the person in question 'took the piss out of a memorial mural'.....this to me suggests that he was in some way derogatory towards it. However, your last post which goes into a bit more detail seems to suggest that you feel he has 'taken the piss' because he did not respond after showing an initial interest. So which is it as this appears fundamental to the whole argument?

Did he show an interest but after realising it was city related decided not to do it and was a bit of a c0ck for not responding OR

Did he blatantly take the piss / was derogatory toward the idea of a city memorial mural in which case, yes, he is a c u next tuesday 

Cock and**** physiological are in the same area.

Think in this case with kids, charity, memorials being mentioned the bloke ticks all the boxes either way.

Bit of a work of art ...

Don't think his references are good enough to paint my shed.

1 hour ago, Three Lions said:

A bit low to put details of a private message on the open forum IMO.

It seems you are determined to drag Inkie's name through the dirt by repeatedly stating that he turned down the job as soon as he realised it was to do with City and a memorial. This simply isn't true.

He had his reasons, and his only failing is his lack of communication.

He's been my mate for over 30 years and to accuse him of being anti-City is ridiculous, he's been going to watch City since the 70's (although his first love is Spurs).

Anyway, he's aware of this thread, and if he wants to defend himself he can. I wouldn't normally get involved in forum slagging matches, but I felt very uncomfortable reading accusations about a mate that aren't true.

Over & Out.

8 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

A bit low to put details of a private message on the open forum IMO.

It seems you are determined to drag Inkie's name through the dirt by repeatedly stating that he turned down the job as soon as he realised it was to do with City and a memorial. This simply isn't true.

He had his reasons, and his only failing is his lack of communication.

He's been my mate for over 30 years and to accuse him of being anti-City is ridiculous, he's been going to watch City since the 70's (although his first love is Spurs).

Anyway, he's aware of this thread, and if he wants to defend himself he can. I wouldn't normally get involved in forum slagging matches, but I felt very uncomfortable reading accusations about a mate that aren't true.

Over & Out.

:clap:

Archived