IGNORED

Graffiti artwork in Ashton Gate

phantom

Cool idea. Part of the city's heritage and the concourses do look a bit plain.

Would be awesome to have famous Bristol City moments throughout our history graffitied on the inner walls all around the ground like a mural. Would be really unique feature. At the moment they still have that aircraft hanger feel in places.

21 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Pity they used an artist who took the piss over the City fans mural in West street.

True, but two out of three ain't bad. 

To have (almost) anyone from the Bristol community of artists adding a splash of colour is superb. There was a day when I thought the club would never venture down this road. The grey/bland interior of the Gate is quite a disappointment given its splendid rebuild. There may be some who'll think this "isn't art"/"it's vandalism" but Bristol is culturally known for its high, high quality in this area and, given that doesn't apply necessarily to the football, I think we should embrace it. I've long wished for Cheo or Inkie or Nick Walker or Sickboy (not the one outta Trainspotting) or Stik to do something within our walls. The David James/3 Lions pieces on the wall at the back of the EE were a good start, a great start. We should build on that. Go to Reading tomorrow, see if they have anything - anything - remotely approaching what we have in our fair city. Go to 60, 70, 80% of away grounds and look to find something unique, parochial, emblematic...we don't find it, do we. This should be a fan priority.

Fair play. Fair play City and all involved, no matter what we think of the Suits/BristolSport etc. This could be (almost) unique (don't tell me Crystal ****** Palace do it), our Fab Four, our Ian MacMillan, our Maradona, our Albert Camus.

Sort of.

20 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Awesome. Love it.

The East End mural was brilliant too, pity that can't be reproduced.

Got some gert decent artists in Bristol.

Have asked many times but got the knock back and have mixed feelings on seeing this now. Fans shook buckets and raised over £350 to do that mural just to see it knocked down and knocked back when asked to do some art replacements.. Spoon fed, box ticking as I said mixed feelings..

As an aside

What was also interesting last night was atm they have some form of boat exhibition / sales event in the Lansdown foyer and Marina Doman way with sparkling new leisure / fishing boats displayed in Marina Dolman Way - and trade stands in the Lansdown foyer great use of the facilities and valuable income :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, cider head said:

Have asked many times but got the knock back and have mixed feelings on seeing this now.

Real pity. Superb piece.

As Hunstile says pretty bland interior in the concourses, which can only be improved with a few well placed graphics. Only concern is that we need a 'visual flow' to all these various addition,  rather than randomly scattered around.

Hope some reference was made to the young, vibrant and unique culture you have in Bristol in the video that was mentioned at yesterday's event. If we want to attract young players that's the sort of thing they'll want to 'buy in' to. Got to say even a 100 miles away there is envy in our communities for parts of Bristol's culture. 

What do they say, 'a great City is like a great party, you want to stay longer 'cause you're enjoying it'. Think we're on the way to producing a great stadium... hopefully, we can soon party on and off the pitch.

Just need some tables now!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, cider head said:

Have asked many times but got the knock back and have mixed feelings on seeing this now. Fans shook buckets and raised over £350 to do that mural just to see it knocked down and knocked back when asked to do some art replacements.. Spoon fed, box ticking as I said mixed feelings..

That's sad - I had forgotten about that mural. Really unique and interesting area of the ground. Sad to see it just destroyed, would've been nice if it could've been preserved in some form.

25 minutes ago, Huntstile Red said:

To have (almost) anyone from the Bristol community of artists adding a splash of colour is superb. There was a day when I thought the club would never venture down this road. The grey/bland interior of the Gate is quite a disappointment given its splendid rebuild. There may be some who'll think this "isn't art"/"it's vandalism" but Bristol is culturally known for its high, high quality in this area and, given that doesn't apply necessarily to the football, I think we should embrace it. I've long wished for Cheo or Inkie or Nick Walker or Sickboy (not the one outta Trainspotting) or Stik to do something within our walls. The David James/3 Lions pieces on the wall at the back of the EE were a good start, a great start. We should build on that. Go to Reading tomorrow, see if they have anything - anything - remotely approaching what we have in our fair city. Go to 60, 70, 80% of away grounds and look to find something unique, parochial, emblematic...we don't find it, do we. This should be a fan priority.

Fair play. Fair play City and all involved, no matter what we think of the Suits/BristolSport etc. This could be (almost) unique (don't tell me Crystal ****** Palace do it), our Fab Four, our Ian MacMillan, our Maradona, our Albert Camus.

Sort of.

It appears fans will not be involved.

35 minutes ago, Huntstile Red said:

Sort of.

Loving your Graf/Street Art knowledge. At least I'm not alone :thumbsup: My Background & Profile pic are from works I own by Nick Walker

Can't imagine Sickboy's work ticking the boxes but a big Jago or Paris abstract around the inside of the concourse. That said Paris is from Hull originally :fear:

31 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Real pity. Superb piece.

As Hunstile says pretty bland interior in the concourses, which can only be improved with a few well placed graphics. Only concern is that we need a 'visual flow' to all these various addition,  rather than randomly scattered around.

Hope some reference was made to the young, vibrant and unique culture you have in Bristol in the video that was mentioned at yesterday's event. If we want to attract young players that's the sort of thing they'll want to 'buy in' to. Got to say even a 100 miles away there is envy in our communities for parts of Bristol's culture. 

What do they say, 'a great City is like a great party, you want to stay longer 'cause you're enjoying it'. Think we're on the way to producing a great stadium... hopefully, we can soon party on and off the pitch.

Just need some tables now!!!!!!!

Don't know about tables, but our friends in the North could probably lend us a few plastic chairs.

30 minutes ago, class_not_gas said:

I wonder if Inkie will write his name into the work with lettering bigger than the B.C.F.C logo , like he did on the car park wall behind the old east end ...... self importance boils my piss 

Please tell me it's not the same artist? That was a terrible piece of work and on first impressions this isn't much better. 

32 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's sad - I had forgotten about that mural. Really unique and interesting area of the ground. Sad to see it just destroyed, would've been nice if it could've been preserved in some form.

and what is happening now is instead of fans doing things for themselves things are being done without fans being involved at all. 

1 hour ago, class_not_gas said:

I wonder if Inkie will write his name into the work with lettering bigger than the B.C.F.C logo , like he did on the car park wall behind the old east end ...... self importance boils my piss 

Inkie and Voyder have finished their parts......so any names of artists (if they are going to be added) will be added after Andy Council has completed his bit at the end of the month.

The finished piece with the stadium and Robin in the centre panel will look fantastic.

7 hours ago, Huntstile Red said:

Sort of.

But the disrespectful one falling off his ladder would be better if fans were as uncharitable in thought.

An Egghead piece did venture into ye old stand.

By Fans for Fans could be (almost) unique and done here before.

This by the suits, commissioned by the suits .. 

53 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

But the disrespectful one falling off his ladder would be better if fans were as uncharitable in thought.

An Egghead piece did venture into ye old stand.

By Fans for Fans could be (almost) unique and done here before.

This by the suits, commissioned by the suits .. 

Tommy....Is that you?

Archived