IGNORED

Graffiti artwork in Ashton Gate

phantom

32 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

So if we have Britains greatest living artist (according to a recent poll) as a fan and Britains greatest sitcom performer and writer (Mr Cleese) and the driving force behind one of Britains most progreesive bands (Mr M Attack) do we think Brunel would have been a City fan?

Some conspiracists would have you believe two of the above mentioned are one 

32 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

So if we have Britains greatest living artist (according to a recent poll) as a fan and Britains greatest sitcom performer and writer (Mr Cleese) and the driving force behind one of Britains most progreesive bands (Mr M Attack) do we think Brunel would have been a City fan?

Ask Britain's best historian (and stadium compère (Tony Robinson)).

49 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

Yes no doubt. He was so fed up with travelling to away games on coach and horses one that he built a railway to take in the Swindon, Reading and London games.

32 minutes ago, Selred said:

Anyone else notice they painted on a loading spiral in the middle so it looks like it's loading before it's finished?

Very amusing.

Yep spotted that thought it was funny also.

I know I don't visit Bristol very often these days but what are those buildings supposed to represent on the skyline - is one the old shot tower?

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

Nice one. I would say Britains best popular TV archaeologist. Not sure who Simon Sharma supports but Surs or Arsenal woukd be my guess.

Nah, 'our' Tony is a master at everything, including British history. Doctor Alice is the best archaeologist and as a local lass living in LA, she is probably a City fan too.

Nice to note that Brunel was far-sighted. Despite being the founder member of the City Away Travel Service, couldn't quite bring himself to build a line/station to Eastvile, Trumpton and The Swamp, notwithstanding having built stations for lesser clubs like at St James' for Exeter. He's one of our own. 

51 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Yep spotted that thought it was funny also.

I know I don't visit Bristol very often these days but what are those buildings supposed to represent on the skyline - is one the old shot tower?

It's the climbing tower (the old Ritz cinema) on Winterstoke Road.

MYKG6795-001.JPG

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As an aside

What was also interesting last night was atm they have some form of boat exhibition / sales event in the Lansdown foyer and Marina Doman way with sparkling new leisure / fishing boats displayed in Marina Dolman Way - and trade stands in the Lansdown foyer great use of the facilities and valuable income :thumbsup:

'Marina Way' .... what else other than boats would you expect to find there?

:) 

3 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

Don't forget the original frothy coffee man... Baldrick!

13 hours ago, Three Lions said:

Then why use him? When proper fans can do similar??

Because we keep getting rebuffed by the club/suits, so 2 out of 3 ain't bad. It could be worse. It could be no local involvement at all. Of course, it could be better, too, and the club have promised things before, yes. Life turns out to be a compromise between the best and worst, for me: best case scenario it's 100% fan-led...worst case we have no involvement whatsoever and nothing is done at all, the walls are left grey. This isn't the best solution, but it's better than nothing for now and maybe fans'll be involved more elsewhere or painting over this one in future. I'm not in the know, just an observer, I don't have all the facts at my disposal as some do, but I'm just making an opinion based on what I know and think.

I think this is a great move by the club and is a really unique "Bristol" thing. Understand some fans will be put out by the fact they weren't consulted/the artists involved, but inherently, on the scale of good ideas to bad ideas this is undoubtedly "good".

When you add in the little touches on the stadium (wedlocks sign, the old clock etc) we are getting a decent, unique, concourse that shows our history.

I am however disappointed that nobody on OTIB has seen fit to throw a tantrum over the fact that the article says a similar Rugby piece of work is coming soon. We're slipping....

I think it's great too, despite the 'politics'.

Mindful the museum seems to have hit the buffers, temporarily one hopes, wonder if this or another mural could do a history of Ashton Gate stadium itself. Would be great to see the old half-time letter scoreboards, the sky blue disabled chariots, the old Turnstiles et al depicted in some way. 

There, if they want some fans 'engagement', could open a competition for suggestions and a winning entry could have a 'Banksy' training top.

5 hours ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

He is indeed

Can he do one for us so we can buy Ronaldo please? Cant believe one of my all time heroes is a City fan. I knew he was talented but not that talented. By my reckoning his dad must have been a fan, because if i have his rough age correct, City were not that great when he started watching. I assume this was in the 80's.

1 hour ago, Huntstile Red said:

Because we keep getting rebuffed by the club/suits, so 2 out of 3 ain't bad. It could be worse. It could be no local involvement at all. Of course, it could be better, too, and the club have promised things before, yes. Life turns out to be a compromise between the best and worst, for me: best case scenario it's 100% fan-led...worst case we have no involvement whatsoever and nothing is done at all, the walls are left grey. This isn't the best solution, but it's better than nothing for now and maybe fans'll be involved more elsewhere or painting over this one in future. I'm not in the know, just an observer, I don't have all the facts at my disposal as some do, but I'm just making an opinion based on what I know and think.

Think it would have been fair as this has been very much a thing fans have been at the front of before for there to have been some engagement. this looks to be a backward step and Bristol Sport missing a easy trick.

Archived