IGNORED

The Official Match Day Thread 6 - Reading v Bristol City

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

The only negatives to take away then, were us being a little bit sloppy in possession, and FD being crap again. Think he needs benching, give MT a go.

Bloke on R Bristol, one of the regulars said we were crap more or less and that Baker shouldve walked first half

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not sure where we are with MT. Seems a mile away from the side, shame if you ask me

Maybe I'm on my own in thinking this, but I felt he was instrumental in keeping us up last year, I've no idea why he seems so far away from the first team.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, INCRED said:

He did ok and was up against a quick opponent who caused him problems and maybe needs some coaching on positioning in certain scenarios such as today but didn't let anyone down

Thanks. He will take time to adjust to the extra pace and quality.

And Joe was injured late on so it could be that we go to Molineux with Vyner and Kelly at full back.

We got three points today however Vyner played and that is three more than I expected from Reading and Wolves. Let's be positive after a good away win at a tough place to get points.

COYREDS

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Maybe I'm on my own in thinking this, but I felt he was instrumental in keeping us up last year, I've no idea why he seems so far away from the first team.

I can't understand why either, he was co commentating on RB before the International break and said that he was back in training.  Perhaps he has had a relapse.

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I can't understand why either, he was co commentating on RB before the International break and said that he was back in training.  Perhaps he has had a relapse.

Could well be, I'd imagine the theory was give FD some game time, let him acclimatise, and you couldn't really drop Bobby. I'd hope we're being patient with FD, but there comes a time. I think in a perfect world, we'd have a big man in Đurić or Diedhou alongside Reid or Taylor, a runner and someone to win flick ons.

21 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm comfy keeping Vyner as Pisano's understudy, he can only get better and he looks set to be a good player. Agree on LJ though, everything was spot on today.

Well on today's showing he is a long way from being championship ready, we got away with such a poor performance today, but we can't keep relying on luck, it's a pity because he is obviously a talent.

3 minutes ago, Wilse said:

I thought that was a strange comment. Could have a negative affect on Flint's motivation in the future. 

Think it was probably poor phrasing or quoted badly. It was his place based on his performances, and the fact that he is our captain.

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

LJ (R BRistol) "I told Flinty it's Bailey's place...

Not good, why would he say that? 

Surely if anyone comes in and does well they should keep that place?

Where's the incentive in knowing however well you play you are only filling in until the manager's no.1 choice is ready to return?

When exactly did it become 'Baileys place' anyway?

After a great win that's a really disappointing comment from LJ.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Where's the incentive in knowing however well you play you are only filling in until the manager's no.1 choice is ready to return?

Not sure what the problem is. He's told a player who hasn't been involved that it's someone else's to lose - and so it should be when the other player has been looking for a move away.

Flint has done what he can do to change the managers plans. 

As usual looking to find something to moan about when thing are are going well. 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I agree in black and white it looks odd.

However, most communication is non verbal, and we do not know about tone, the body language at the the time, that kind of thing. Maybe it was a 'it's currently Baileys place, go take it away from him' kind of statement?

6 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I agree in black and white it looks odd.

However, most communication is non verbal, and we do not know about tone, the body language at the the time, that kind of thing. Maybe it was a 'it's currently Baileys place, go take it away from him' kind of statement?

It was all good humoured. Lee went on to say "if you score a hat trick, i'll play you up front". it was nothing really, just a nice little dilemma.

That said, it did sound like Lee wants Bailey back in.. and in a way Bailey is commited to the club. As good as Flint is, he wanted out

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2