IGNORED

Songs that make you want to SMASH your radio...

WhistleHappy

27 minutes ago, DKM Len said:

The 6 'tunes' that Kiss FM repeat for the entirety of the working day are all crap. On the plus side it hastened my purchase of a digital radio a few years ago so they might have changed the 6 by now,but I doubt it.

It's still 6 tunes. My teenager always wants to listen to kiss, I can tolerate it for a bit but not very long. The other thing they do that annoys me is they remix slow songs by popular artists into dance songs, just so they can play them on kiss. Kisstory is about the only time I can tolerate kiss for any period of time now. Reminds me of when I was young! 

On 12/09/2017 at 15:24, Major Isewater said:

There was a song , sung , out of key , by a woman singer and the chorus went something like 

Da da dee , da da da ,

Da da dee , da da da .

for what seemed like forever .

Gypsy Woman by Crystal Waters .

I really hate that song .

Julie by Shaytin Stephens 

Lady Jane by Rod Stewart , sounds like he's vomiting her name . 

Do ya think I'm sexy - Pile of shite by him again .

What a great voice that man has what a waste of a career singing pap like he did . 

Mistletoe and Wine by Cliff Richard . Perhaps Rod Stewart was listening to this when he recorded Lady Jane .

I may be back ! 

Is the song you are looking for (or to avoid) Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega?

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 17:36, Dollymarie said:

It's still 6 tunes. My teenager always wants to listen to kiss, I can tolerate it for a bit but not very long. The other thing they do that annoys me is they remix slow songs by popular artists into dance songs, just so they can play them on kiss. Kisstory is about the only time I can tolerate kiss for any period of time now. Reminds me of when I was young! 

Just think, one day those songs will be on Kisstory.

On 15 September 2017 at 18:30, Major Isewater said:

No, bless you , it's Gypsy Woman by Crystal Waters .

It's regularly voted as one of the worst records ever made. Listening to it reminds me of every bad night out I ever had in the 90s. 

I'd go for Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics. It's not that it's that bad. I just think it's nowhere near as good as some stuff that barely sees the light of day, yet it's still constantly played. The Eurythmics/Annie Lennox must have one of the best agents ever. She gets on every trendy TV gig going despite doing nothing of any note for decades. 

Massively overrated - see also Boy George. Grrrrrrr!!!

On 9/12/2017 at 13:22, Gimme Shelton said:

Come on Eileen aaaaaaaarghh

You got there before me.

I effing despise this song from the opening faux oirish fiddle to the bleeding fake jollity throughout.

Sadly, as I DJ a lot of weddings these days, I am forced to play it by clients on numerous occasions.

It's my cue to take 5 at the bar, while the tone-deaf clod hop along to it.  

On 10/09/2017 at 17:56, Red Right Hand said:

Any bloody dirge by the totally overrated Elbow.

They`re not as clever as they think they are and if Guy Garvey wasn`t so popular at the BBC no-one would have ever heard of them. Just a poor man`s Coldplay (and they`re bad enough).

This!! Well said.

On 12/09/2017 at 15:24, Major Isewater said:

There was a song , sung , out of key , by a woman singer and the chorus went something like 

Da da dee , da da da ,

Da da dee , da da da .

for what seemed like forever .

Gypsy Woman by Crystal Waters .

I really hate that song .

Julie by Shaytin Stephens 

Lady Jane by Rod Stewart , sounds like he's vomiting her name . 

Do ya think I'm sexy - Pile of shite by him again .

What a great voice that man has what a waste of a career singing pap like he did . 

Mistletoe and Wine by Cliff Richard . Perhaps Rod Stewart was listening to this when he recorded Lady Jane .

I may be back ! 

De do do do de da da da is all I want to say to you....  ... .  ..     .

Archived