IGNORED

BCTV (Merged)

Redmycolour

34 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

So one subscription won't work on  one device for video and another for audio at same time?

I think Adam B addressed this on another thread.  Worth a try especially as I can log on via my laptop at the same time as my mobile.

However, tv pictures can't be watched on a mobile device of any kind.  I doubt that your password will work when you click on audio feed only. 

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 15:30, brady bunch said:

for £50 a year you can sign up to something like NordVPN, which is a bit of software that sits on yuor computor and  can allow you to relocate around the world (computer wise), handy if you are overseas and want to see BBC or Netflix (you simply click onto the UK on the map and it puts your computer address there and hey presto you are in the UK).

****Of course I would never use something like NordVPN to relocate temporarly off shore to be able to watch video streams of my favorite football team playing. that would not be cricket (even though it would be technically possible to do so!).

There are other free options to get a VPN, but if you can afford the £50, its well worth getting something lke NordVPN or another similar offering.

It does other fancy stuff as well like blocking ads and hiding your ID if you like going on more colourful sites. 

I also have zero expertise on this front, but found it super easy to install and operate.

****course you wouldn't want to do something like that.... I understand physically relocating to Guernsey us an option some people choose though.

15 hours ago, phantom said:

Random question time, but live streaming abroad assume that the screen is blank apart from when there is coverage?

How soon before the game starting does the live feed start? 

Literally about 1 minute. Would be better if it started 5 minutes before, just to give reassurance the feed is working before kick-off.

On 09/09/2017 at 21:15, Tammys Scan said:

You can use a proxy (VPN), to be able to stream it. Google it if you don't know what it is.

In a nutshell, you connect to a server outside of the UK, which then connects to BCTV, tricking it in to thinking you're outside of the UK.

This is all for educational purposes of course, I am definitely not recommending you to do it. I would not suggest making your subscription more worth while.

Would such a thing work ? I wouldn't want anyone to waste their money if it wasn't possible 

4 minutes ago, Red Bill said:

Dreadful reception today.  Lost the game at 22, 24, 30, 32, 34, 36 and 43 minutes.  Cannot get the game at all in the second half.  Disgraceful!  Have given up.  This is fraud.

Working perfect for me, not a single interruption so far 

Would suggest If it's working for most but not you, then it might be worth investigating your personal set up and/or your ISP. 

For those abroad, your ISP may throttle streaming, and those who are 'appearing' to be abroad, your VPN may not be the best, particularly if a free/cheap one,

1 hour ago, The_Don said:

He loved zooming in on her didn’t he, the camera work isn’t great.

It's a bit of an odd one for the cameraman. He needs to cover the game but he also needs to get the "beauty shots" - wide angles, manager close ups, Delia etc for stitching together highlights. Not easy to do with just one camera and that's why you see slightly unpolished camerawork. Today's was certainly one with an interesting style though. Seemed to love a close zoom of a corner flag!

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's a bit of an odd one for the cameraman. He needs to cover the game but he also needs to get the "beauty shots" - wide angles, manager close ups, Delia etc for stitching together highlights. Not easy to do with just one camera and that's why you see slightly unpolished camerawork. Today's was certainly one with an interesting style though. Seemed to love a close zoom of a corner flag!

It was a cracking corner flag mind!!

Archived