IGNORED

When to accept your 5m striker is misfiring?

Fordy62

4 hours ago, Kibs said:

It's quite a difficult one but I'm remaining positive about Diedhiou. He is being asked to do things he isn't used to doing - working so hard on our high press being one of them. When you work so hard without the ball (and it applies to everyone, not just Diedhiou, but he definitely won't have done it before), it will obviously make it more difficult to do what you want to do when you have got the ball - anyone who has played at any level will know how this feels!! On top of that, the pace and tempo of the game here, the number of games he's having to play. I'll judge him fully at the end of the season but I've seen enough glimpses of ability to think that he'll eventually be a success for us. 

I've mentioned it and so have others loads of times but 20 goal Championship strikers really are few and far between, if the team keeps scoring as they are (which is far far better than relying on 1 player like last season), and he gets 12+ in his first season, works hard and continues to play a part in our goals, then that'll do for me. 

Also, I don't think that LJ is the sort of manager to shirk a decision. He has all the data and if Diedhiou is not contributing enough, he'll be benched. His price tag won't come into it. We spent good money on Engvall, Magnússon, Tomlin etc and he's been happy to bench them. 

if he could bench tomlin he must be a lot stronger than he looks!!

16 hours ago, cynic said:

When to accept your 5m striker is misfiring ?

Answer - when we are not third top scorers in the division with our 5m striker not adding assists or goals.

Pretty simple really.

I think you are implying that City are in a good league position because Fammy is in the team.  I think this is a case of correlation implying causation as it's always tempting to assume that one variable causes the other. In other words the first variable, Fammy being in the team, causes the other variable, City playing well. The reality is correlation does not imply causation. On the other hand if, for example Fielding was man of the match in every game, it would be reasonable to assume that his performances were having a direct affect on the results. 

It is always possible to show a high correlation between two random, unrelated statistics and "prove" just about anything.  Below are just two examples:

Sour Cream and Motorcycle Accidents

Spurious Correlations - 06

Bed sheet Deaths and Ski Profits

Spurious Correlations - 02

4 hours ago, mozo said:

There's a difference between a player playing badly and being a bad player and there are lots of influences that can make a player underperform.

Just because he hasn't won enough headers it doesnt mean he can't. 

It's way too early to decide that the scouts got this wrong and that there's no chance of him justifying his fee. 

Bad start for FD but we need to support him in the short-term and judge him in the long-term.

Very true. Everyone wants the guy to do well. Today he's been benched. Not surprised. Interesting to see how Woodrow performs 

15 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Thought he looked class when he came on. Really happy for him. **** me we were good second half 

YES WE WERE. Not bad first half either

3 in 7 for our misfiring forward who has a strike partner that is the divisions leading scorer...

Nice day!

11 minutes ago, samo II said:

Three in nine appearances (including cups), which is a pretty standard ratio for an striker.

Here's to him building on this moving forwards.

So getting promoted from crap to standard....Only way is up!:yes:

I wonder what are leading scorer thinks of him. (seriously I do wonder)

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

So getting promoted from crap to standard....Only way is up!:yes:

I wonder what are leading scorer thinks of him. (seriously I do wonder)

Bobby's got seven in 10, so together they have 10 between them, which is great work.

Add in the fact Woodrow has now got off the mark, our midfielders and defenders are chipping in, and both Taylor and Đurić have yet to really get involved, and I think it's safe to say we've got some threat on the side this year.

3 minutes ago, samo II said:

Bobby's got seven in 10, so together they have 10 between them, which is great work.

Add in the fact Woodrow has now got off the mark, our midfielders and defenders are chipping in, and both Taylor and Đurić have yet to really get involved, and I think it's safe to say we've got some threat on the side this year.

Yes very positive. Just heard we have scored more than Leeds on the radio...Great stuff!

3 minutes ago, 054123 said:

.I dont think he's as talented as Tammy, but if scores, then job done.

I think this is a big part of the issue. Naturally he's going to be compared to Abraham but probably shouldn't be. Wilbraham would probably be a better point of comparison given his role and style.

In our set up, Reid is our primary goal scorer so really it's him who should be 'compared' with Abraham.. even his role is different to Tammy's.

9 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Only 2 teams in the league have scored more than we have so far.

I'd rather have a team that score 80 with the top scorer having 12 than a team that score 70 with someone prolific notching 25. 

We had one of the most natural finishers in England leading the line last year and barely avoided relegation. In 07/08 we had Darren Byfield and were 90 mins from the Premier League.

Funny old game. 

Make that no teams in the league :) 

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Very good today. I felt he was better than Woodrow in his cameo. Spooks the opposition with his size and athleticism. Brilliantly taken goal too, was a tricky finish. 

Its a funny old game and as managers say everyone has an opinion never the same !  I thought Woodrow did the basics better than Fammy, but I agree he took his goal well.  I note on the radio LJ told his players before the game who will be starting against Stoke. Woodrow or Tammy, or neither ? 

7 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Its a funny old game and as managers say everyone has an opinion never the same !  I thought Woodrow did the basics better than Fammy, but I agree he took his goal well.  I note on the radio LJ told his players before the game who will be starting against Stoke. Woodrow or Tammy, or neither ? 

I thought Woodrow was good and probably was a bit 'tidier' in possession.. but I felt Famara spooked the defenders more and is more threatening.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Taylor to get gametime against Stoke.. Woodrow is cup tied anyway.

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I thought Woodrow was good and probably was a bit 'tidier' in possession.. but I felt Famara spooked the defenders more and is more threatening.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Taylor to get gametime against Stoke.. Woodrow is cup tied anyway.

True, just noted that  Woodrow is cup tied on his interview on the main site.  Looks like Taylor will get some game time !

Archived