IGNORED

When to accept your 5m striker is misfiring?

Fordy62

On 09/09/2017 at 16:11, Andy082005 said:

Sadly it's become an all to familiar story with this manager. He has wasted so much money on players it's hard to believe. He has to be the most well supported manager financially in our history and he has done absolutely nothing to improve this squad.

He really is a poor forward. Even players who need time to bed in show some signs of making an impression...

I've seen nothing so far from this guy that says to me he will become a player worth £5

:facepalm:

On 10/09/2017 at 00:52, Engvall's Splinter said:

Very much early days yet at the games I've seen I'm unsure what he is as a centre forward. Not great in the air, not your hold up the ball sort of centre forward, doesn't run in behind, not a fox in the box - unsure of his moulds at the mo. Hopefully comes good, but at the mo a little bit lost as to why we've spent 5m on the chap. 

:facepalm:

I can certainly see why people would have had concern over his first few performances although it's obviously far too early to make a definitive judgement. The last couple of games have been encouraging, let's hope it's a sign of things to come.

Let's have it right though, there's a minority who were absolutely relishing the prospect of this going wrong, as it's another stick to beat the manager with. You know the ones, they struggle to give him even the most grudging praise when things go well.

12 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

This thread is going to be dragged out every time he scores.

I wonder if Famara can make some kind of OTIB record and keep it on the first few pages for the whole season?!

Could well be in the classics soon..... :whistle:

Hopefully yes,

i wish people would give players a chance,

i seem to remember a very similar thread about Kodja as well

This thread did two things I can't stand - make a damning judgement far too early about a player, and claim that said player is not "worth" whatever money is spent on him. 

Can we stop this now he's scored against a defence containing defenders like huge prospect Zouma and Dutch international Martins-Indi?

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Good to see him on the score sheet again, he certainly seems to have that all important knack of scoring.

The usual sad little trolls aside, it would be interesting to hear from the more mature and sensible posters how he played overall this evening?

I wasn't there Kid but I listened to the Stoke commentary and they were full of praise for him and Taylor, said how much their defence was struggling with their movement.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Misfiring? 

How many is that now? 3 in 3 is it? 

Ffs..........:facepalm:

It just proves how little some fans understand about football.

Totally agree. It's embarrassing how little time he's aloud to settle in . His family is still abroad. And still getting use to his surroundings. Some fans lack a bit of knowledge 

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Good to see him on the score sheet again, he certainly seems to have that all important knack of scoring.

The usual sad little trolls aside, it would be interesting to hear from the more mature and sensible posters how he played overall this evening?

IMO he's starting to adapt . I thought his energy was outstanding. I really think he will be worth more than 5.3 million given time. People got to give him time. Also Taylor and famara were a really good partnership 

10 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I thought he played his role well this evening. 

I am unsure as to the supposed quality of that stoke back 4 but they could not handle either him or Taylor.

City played them off of the park and could have win by 4 or 5 on another day.

On paper - Zouma and Wimmer would be considered a decent Prem pairing !!  

Wimmer £18 million :blink:

Torn up tonight !!!!

:clapping:

Brilliant

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Torn up tonight !!!!

Brilliant

I can't really believe our performance over the last 2 games. Both Stoke and Derby were made to look ordinary.

Great days.

10 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I thought he played his role well this evening. 

I am unsure as to the supposed quality of that stoke back 4 but they could not handle either him or Taylor.

City played them off of the park and could have win by 4 or 5 on another day.

Got to agree, they couldn't cope with our movement, passing and pressing. Should have been at least 4 goals at least tonight but we seem to be creating so many chances it doesn't matter at the moment. Considering the changes we made and the quality of the opposition players we were outstanding to a man. Vyner had a few lapses but to a man we were very impressive. Just hope this form continues as they are a joy to watch

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Torn up tonight !!!!

Brilliant

Hang on........you're not willing to admit that DeeDoo is coming good because the defenders he was up against tonight are crap?

Jeeez......:facepalm:

You come across a poor ahedonistic  guy.

Archived