IGNORED

Flinty

RaspberryRed

Having just seen Flint's interview, someone should tell him that "getting my head down" isn't the best game plan for a centre back!

On another point, I haven't done proper research, but isn't it remarkable he doesn't just score goals, but that so many of them are with his feet, not headers. i would guess fewer than half his goals for us have been headers. How many 6 foot 6 centre backs have scored a hat-trick with his feet (v Walsall) or a tap in from a left wing cross (v Fulham) or indeed, yesterday's half-volley?

Above all, it was so good to be able to relax again whenever high balls came into our box, just knowing that Flint would win it. Welcome back Aden.

Never saw Flint as the issue or as being the problem. Also assumed when this was all rumbling on that he was being kept out the firing line as opposed to refusing to play or any such nonsense. Posted similar too I think.

So his great return and more importantly the fact he seems to have been no bother is welcome, if reasonably expected.

17 hours ago, cynic said:

Yep.

Flint said in his interview that it was a very stressful period for him.

His head was obviously turned, that would be a natural response, but he got on with it and kept talking with LJ.

The club has played a blinder with this and got another very good CB out of it as well.

No conspiracy theories proven and not a lot of damage done.

6 hours ago, chinapig said:

As the latest one to claim to know the truth I'll ask the question none of the others have responded to. What is your evidence?

It's just that the number of people claiming sources seems to exceed the number of people employed by the club. :whistle:

I'm also surprised that none of those who accuse LJ of lying seem to have gone to the Q&A to tell him so and present the evidence to prove it. :ph34r:

Well said both.

3 hours ago, Olé said:

The situation looks like it is at least temporarily rectified, and in no small part due to Flint's professionalism and will to win, but I wouldn't get carried away - the body language between he and the manager is still all wrong, which is why I tend to believe the stories about the origins of this fall out, which in turn makes me think that what Johnson has achieved is far more about his control of third party interest and face saving, and far less about man management of the player.

Point of fact, at full time after Flint had taken a quick applause in front of the away end, he and Johnson were calculatedly like ships in the night, in fact Flint made sure he was heading off the pitch the moment Johnson was heading towards the away end and most of the players. And when they passed, Johnson having hugged every single other player, the two of them could only exchange the briefest arms length handshakes and no eye contact. There is still a massive rift here. 

Absolutely spot on and I was going to post the very same thing. I was intrigued to see what conatct we would see between the two.

I think we need to enjoy Aden playing as and when we see him, however I fully expect him to be gone in January. 

19 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How much shite did I get on here for suggesting that maybe his head hadn't been turned.

Well in, Aden. 

Hang on there mate. Who is saying his head wasn't 'turned'?  Playing yesterday and scoring just means the guy is a professional at doing his job. 

The reality is the agent pimped him around and dangled the carrot under his nose.

But him not leaving this summer doesn't mean he wouldn't have left, had a big bid come in. Just because he didn't hand in a transfer request doesn't mean he was desperate to stay at BCFC come what may.

He could very easily be out the door in January if that bid materialises. 

I also like how many people are glossing over, after only one game back in the team, that they were in fact only a few weeks ago pushing and cultivating the rumour that the club was actually forcing him out of the club.

Given what LJ said on Thursday night it seems he has pretty much retracted that remark,  thankfully.

How so, were you there?

Use your best players, and Flinty is most definitely one of them.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Be interesting to see if he's dropped for Wright on Tuesday.

Or if LJ surprises everyone (including Wolves) and goes for a back three of Wright. Flint, and Baker.

Not bothered either way tbh as we are looking a bit stronger as a team defensively these days whoever is playing.

With Pisano unlikely to be fit I could see this as an opportunity to go with three, but with Wolves operating a front 3, a back four is probably our best bet.  Thy play a back three, and the channels are gonna be our best outball to get up the pitch and press from there.  LJ has decisions to make.

Lets not forget that it's two games in short succession for Vyner too.  We all remember (one poster on here doesn't!) away v MK Dons followed by Home v Brighton on the Tuesday when ZV made his debut :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

With Pisano unlikely to be fit I could see this as an opportunity to go with three, but with Wolves operating a front 3, a back four is probably our best bet.  Thy play a back three, and the channels are gonna be our best outball to get up the pitch and press from there.  LJ has decisions to make.

Lets not forget that it's two games in short succession for Vyner too.  We all remember (one poster on here doesn't!) away v MK Dons followed by Home v Brighton on the Tuesday when ZV made his debut :whistle:

Maybe he'll go for a back 5 and use Smith and Bryan as RB and LB rather than wing backs. That sort of style would lend itself better to Hegeler being one of the centre backs though I think.

Reckon Pack will come back in too.

Archived