IGNORED

Headbutt after the game on a 12 year old

WSMRobin

43 minutes ago, East Bristol is Red said:

Morning all, first time poster so go easy on me!

it was my son. He is 12 years old (but admittedly looks about 14/15) and the Reading coward was about 20. We were walking away from the ground, through the crowd, the guy stepped into my son and ATTEMPTED to headbutt him. Fortunately he did not make clear contact and it was just a glance (the intent was there). As you can imagine I was fuming, so pursued him across the crowded car park (he was very distinctive with an orange jumper on) and I caught up with him and made it abundantly clear what a coward he is , in no uncertain terms, whilst he was trying to get away saying sorry sorry sorry....Whilst I understand people saying they would have have kicked the shit out of him (and if he had of made clear contact I would have regardless) by this point my other 10 year old son was getting upset and I was being restrained by others around me. On reflection this was probably for the best, would you trust the justice system if I did anything or what happens if I get arrested and my boys have to go home without me. A steward did approach me as we were walking away and invited me to report it (today) but is it worth it for an intended head butt and my son has no mark on him?

Apologies for the long post. Good three points COYR

Watched most of the chase accross the car park from the queue for the bus trying to figure out what had gone on, heard you mention a headbut. You looked very angry and now reading this im not surprised with how angry you were, I was quite surprised you were able to restrain yourself from lamping what looked like a coward who sounds like he thought he had an easy target and could get away quickly to find out some people wont accept that kind of behaviour.

He was running scared.:chant6ez:

1 hour ago, East Bristol is Red said:

it was my son. He is 12 years old (but admittedly looks about 14/15) and the Reading coward was about 20. We were walking away from the ground, through the crowd, the guy stepped into my son and ATTEMPTED to headbutt him. Fortunately he did not make clear contact and it was just a glance (the intent was there). As you can imagine I was fuming, so pursued him across the crowded car park (he was very distinctive with an orange jumper on) and I caught up with him and made it abundantly clear what a coward he is , in no uncertain terms, whilst he was trying to get away saying sorry sorry sorry....Whilst I understand people saying they would have have kicked the shit out of him (and if he had of made clear contact I would have regardless) by this point my other 10 year old son was getting upset and I was being restrained by others around me. On reflection this was probably for the best, would you trust the justice system if I did anything or what happens if I get arrested and my boys have to go home without me. A steward did approach me as we were walking away and invited me to report it (today) but is it worth it for an intended head butt and my son has no mark on him?

Out of interest - you say he was wearing an orange jumper, did he have a Reading shirt over the top of it? The reason I ask is that individual was giving it the big I AM in the stand closest to where we sat he will have definitely caught the attention of the CCTV team if it is the same person and would be easy to identify.

Disgusting behaviour. I would absolutely be reporting it to the police and hopefully they'll be able to identify the coward. 

Glad your son is OK and very well done on managing to restrain yourself. 

11 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Out of interest - you say he was wearing an orange jumper, did he have a Reading shirt over the top of it? The reason I ask is that individual was giving it the big I AM in the stand closest to where we sat he will have definitely caught the attention of the CCTV team if it is the same person and would be easy to identify.

Clocked him early in the game mouthing the usual obscenities at my boy (11yrs old) 

a low-calbre individual that's for sure, both mentally and morally. 

Fair play to you.

If you wanted to take this any further i would have no doubt that CCTV would pick up on a distinctive orange jumper somewhere from leaving the ground to where the incident happened and even when he was on the move from there.

I guess it will come down to you if you wanted to press charges, although from an outsiders view i think the police should do their best to find the guy and charge him in some way.

At the end of the day, it was "with intent" and shouldnt have happened.

This thread should be posted on the Reading Fans Forums, theres a chance the man in question will read it and if he has any sense walk into a police station to admit it was him.

Glad to hear your son is ok.

Saying that it could of been much worse, personally I believe this needs reporting or at a minimum Reading FC need to be made aware of the situation.

This time your lad was lucky to come away with a glancing blow, the next victim may not be so fortunate.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Watched most of the chase accross the car park from the queue for the bus trying to figure out what had gone on, heard you mention a headbut. You looked very angry and now reading this im not surprised with how angry you were, I was quite surprised you were able to restrain yourself from lamping what looked like a coward who sounds like he thought he had an easy target and could get away quickly to find out some people wont accept that kind of behaviour.

He was running scared.:chant6ez:

I was just approaching the bus queue and was unsure what was going on but it was quite clear that orange jumper man was desperate to get away. There was also a second verbal confrontation as a small group of city fans stopped some Reading fans from filming it on their phones.

Anyway glad to hear the lad is OK.  I always think of the Reading trip as low risk Waitrose sponsored home counties fans. Just goes to show that these events can come out of the blue from nowhere.

2 hours ago, East Bristol is Red said:

I saw you call out and persue the guy in orange who was trying to make his getaway who was by the looking very sheepish! I did wonder what he did! Well done for making him shite his pants without decking him. 

I don't know if it was the same knobhead with the Reading shirt over a long sleeve orange shirt in the stadium, but it fits the bill. 

6 minutes ago, Miggy said:

I saw you call out and persue the guy in orange who was trying to make his getaway who was by the looking very sheepish! I did wonder what he did! Well done for making him shite his pants without decking him. 

I don't know if it was the same knobhead with the Reading shirt over a long sleeve orange shirt in the stadium, but it fits the bill. 

The bloke with the Reading shirt did take his shirt off on the full time whistle as well to be fair and was smashing it against his seat - 

I know how you feel about wondering whether to report it, but you should, definitely. Intent was there, and will make the little scrote think about it next time when he thinks he's safe and big in a crowd. Just think, the next fathers young lad may not be so lucky to only be glanced. 

I was unfortunate to be stood near our Stone Island patchers, who are just cowards who think the law is above them because they are in a group and at football. 

Hopefully Julie will praise you for not taking the law into your own hands. You could've been arrested had you hit him despite what he did. 

It's the measure of you that you didn't and you realised your son was getting worried. The orange man (as opposed to an orange man over here in Norn Iron!) apologised and hopefully this will scare the living daylights out of him. He received a modern day equivalent of a cuff around the ears when PC Dixon of Dock Green was allowed to do it!

You should be proud of how you restrained yourself.

Fortunately, very few people carry guns over here so you didn't get hurt in return (which could've been a whole different ball game in the States.)

If there was a weekly Pint of Beer award for a fan, you would get my vote. In fact, I'm going to open a decent bottle and salute you right now.  

Who says I need an excuse for a pint?

Archived