IGNORED

Wolves away

Red Army 75

Think Pack may come back in, as, basing this purely on the short highlights from channel 5 the reading midfielder (Kelly I believe) was left with far too much room on a few occasions as Brownhill maybe lost his position a few times only due to not being used to the position of late. Can see COD keeping his place to help out with the defensive side of things but also wouldn't be surprised to see Brownhill moved back out wide. 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Historically we tend to do badly there. I think we'll make changes - we can afford to now. 

I expect Wright will replace Flint - rightly or wrongly 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Leko start and possibly a patched up Pisano.

The Flint Wright dilemma is interesting. Scored the winner. Clean sheet. I personally think Flint will play 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

The Flint Wright dilemma is interesting. Scored the winner. Clean sheet. I personally think Flint will play 

I'd go with Flint personally but going on LJ's comments about it being Wright's shirt I think he'll come back in.

An interesting twist to that would be if we went 352/532. This allows Wright AND Flint and may be something we opt for if Pisano is still injured. LJ also mentioned this formation post-match.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'd go with Flint personally but going on LJ's comments about it being Wright's shirt I think he'll come back in.

An interesting twist to that would be if we went 352/532. This allows Wright AND Flint and may be something we opt for if Pisano is still injured. LJ also mentioned this formation post-match.

Good point. But at least we have a squad now to mix it up . Be happy with a point 

26 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

Or David Kelly! 

39 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

As long as they don't recall Steve Bull (shudder) we should be OK.

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Andy Mutch and Steve bull I thought 

Everyones right. 

5 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Did he play for Wolves? I mainly remember him tormenting us in a Walsall shirt. He must have loved playing against City, the bar steward.

Answering my own question here. Just checked. Did play for Wolves and with his customary success. Had to hand it to him; scored goals wherever he went. Close to 200 in a career spanning 600 games over almost 20 years and many of those at a high level.

Fair play to him, but he was a bloody pest as far as we were concerned. I don't think I ever saw him play against us when he didn't score. Now a coach, apparently.

40 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What was the comment he made?

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wouldn't want to misquote so may not be 100% accurate but I believe Flint said Johnson had told him Wright would be back on Tuesday and that it was Wright's position to lose 

That's pretty much what LJ told Flint - according to Flint himself in his post match interview.

I can' see why LJ is telling him that.

Archived