IGNORED

Wolves away

Red Army 75

13 hours ago, cynic said:

I fully expect Wright to come back in and rightly so.

England B ? What is that ? I know that semi pro is England C but not sure what England B is?

Leko has played at most youth levels up to U-21 and had a few EPL appearances so he should be more than ready for Championship and it may well be that he gets his starting debut - but it will be out wide not centrally imo.

That makes me an England Z! 

I expect a defeat to be honest, I know that sounds bad, but history is very much against us. What I do want to see though is that we remain competitive, i wouldn't like to see a lot of the good work done so far to be undone by a poor performance. 

I think we have the squad for Johnson to pick  a "horses for courses" type line up, try to match up to the kind of players they have. Fammy seems to be struggling with Championship level stamina so I think he will take a rest, I have to believe that the players practice all sorts of scenarios, so 3-5-2 may be an option if LJ is as worried about Vyner's performance as some on here. 

I expect a defeat too although I'm a lot more relaxed about this game, now that we've won at Reading.. I said before these two away games that anything more than two points would be above expectations so we are in credit already!

A Wolves fan on another forum told me that he is worried about their lack of a plan B when teams come to stifle them and close them down, like Cardiff did so lets go out there with another disciplined and energetic performance and see where it takes us. If we lose, so be it.. If we draw great and if we win... This forum might well go beserk! COYR.

30 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I expect a defeat too although I'm a lot more relaxed about this game, now that we've won at Reading.. I said before these two away games that anything more than two points would be above expectations so we are in credit already!

A Wolves fan on another forum told me that he is worried about their lack of a plan B when teams come to stifle them and close them down, like Cardiff did so lets go out there with another disciplined and energetic performance and see where it takes us. If we lose, so be it.. If we draw great and if we win... This forum might well go beserk! COYR.

Kind of feels like a free hit for us after the result on Saturday.

Point would be an impressive result tbh.

This time we're up against experienced manager, CL experience, decent La Liga record- in addition to the fact they have started well, good skilful side- possibly higher calibre than Reading, certainly in terms of individuals with Neves and Jota sprining to mind, and as KITR points out, the defence.

Leko for Diedhiou.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Kind of feels like a free hit for us after the result on Saturday.

I feel that too, I would have been happy with 2 draws away at Reading and Wolves. Lee will want to win but we all know a draw would be a good result. If we can get an early goal it may frustrate the crowd a little and will enable us to counter much more effectively the more they come on to us (hopefully not as bad as Brentford).  Unfortunately though I'm saying 2-0 to Wolves.

23 minutes ago, cynic said:

After the win saturday we are in credit which will soften the blow if we lose at Wolves.

They should be top 2 at the end of the season but now is probably the best time to play them at their place.

Pressure and high level of expectation is on them.

Lots of early hi-tempo pressure.

2-1 to City COYR

17 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Woodrow is pointless then.

Leko is not the sort of player who will play with his back to goal and hold the ball up for us, and also that doesn't play to his strengths. Away at Wolves we're going to need someone up there to hold it up, hassle their centre backs and bring our other attackers into play. 

Sure he can do a job up there in the final stages of a game against tired legs, but people who think that he should start as our 'No 9' should really have a day off. 

14 hours ago, Chappers said:

Simple question, what exactly did he do to impress? As I recall he ran around a bit but contributed nothing of note. That's not writing him off, or being critical in any way, he was not on for long, and will need games to settle in. Be honest, none of us are really any the wiser, and you cannot judge either way based on his brief performance at Reading.

Actually I just watched back the last 20 mins of the full match on BCTV to have a look at Leko and I can see why others were impressed. He gave Reading a lot more to think about in that 20 than FD had in the first 70. 

Looked very lively - great touch and strength and played some great little smart passes, bringing others into play. Movement was good - pulling defenders out from their shape and disrupting the midfield by dropping a bit deeper sometimes.

It was only a cameo really, but plenty to be positive about in there for his use as a striker.  

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Yep expected to beat us . Let's hope there players are thinking it will be as easy . Tough game for us tomorrow. But you never know. COYR 

quite a few are expecting us to beat them, and most of the sensible ones think they are in for a hard game.

6 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Flint is better than Wright....and is goal threat. Flint all day, Wright should just be back up. Bit of mess making him club captain, but no reason why he should keep his place. Just like Fammy, just because he was 5m, he still needs dropping.

I'm a big AF fan Thatch for numerous reasons but they' have different qualities and difficult to compare - think the crucial thing is which combination / pair work best , and that doesn't always transpire to include the best player

If I'm honest , even as a big Flint fan , I'm not sure , and certainly BW & NB have performed well together 

Flint has the obvious added benefit of scoring or creating goals 

Think Baker would be one for me and a good argument could be made for either BW or AF 

As harsh as it seems on Aden I think BW on balance deserves not to lose his place due to Inernational commitments but I'd be telling Aden I'm more than happy for him to get back in if / When either BW or NB have a drop in form

If AF comes in and plays well,  then at that point,  it would be AFs shirt to lose,  and either NB or BW would have to wait for their chance again

Just the way I see it  - Difficult  decision and bit of man management required

23 hours ago, RedSA said:

TBH I meant more he impressed others, which is why they were suggesting him as a striker. 

I'm probably in the same boat as you, but I understand the feeling that he had made himself an option if they saw something in his performance. 

I agree that the reviews from West Brom were good, I agree that he could be an option tomorrow, and I agree his pace could be an asset. My point is simply this tendency to over-hype some debuts here on OTIB. Not a long debut, a few positive moments and a few moments where he failed to read the game, which is normal for any debutant. There were no moments of significant contribution, and it was not a game changing display (Think Liam Kelly for Reading at AG last season). It's not being negative, just an honest assessment based on what I saw.

As for tomorrow, not sure what team I would pick, but I'm never keen on changing shape just to avoid making a decision about centre backs.

On 9/11/2017 at 09:05, JBFC II said:

One of the early posts says "we owe them one" for what? How much more dominant in head to head do they want to be?

Anyway, Johnson hinting at a tactical change today, so maybe the 3-5-2 formation is not so unlikely. 

Sounds like we're going to be making a few changes tonight judging by McAllister's interview. My guess would be Wright, Eliasson, Leko and Pack coming in with Flint, Vyner, O'Dowda and Diedhiou making way and switching Korey to RB. Would prefer to keep Diedhiou starting and let Leko come on late to run the channels and get in behind when they're tired. 

Archived