IGNORED

How did you meet your partner?

WTFiGO!?!

I'm not a cynic in love at all; I just take pissing about more easily in my stride.  Friends with benefits and what have you.  Three of my three brothers have established significant others.

There maybe, I say maybe, somebody who maybe getting a bit too close.  We shall see.

What I never quite got is how it all actually happens.  How do partners hook up, properly, for real? 

I foresee the girlies loving this thread.  

Work. I was still with my first wife, but I'm sure the future Mrs Woodsy caught me checking out her rack during my introductory chat with her. I can remember thinking 'if I wasn't married and she didn't talk so much she'd have a chance'....

First marriage fizzled out not long afterwards then about three years later, we were in the same place at the same time as another colleagues hen night (best way, Phants!) it happened

That was 7 years ago. Our little one is 5 tomorrow, just had our second anniversary and our second child is due in February. My two girls from my first marriage love her, couldn't have turned out better. But she still does talk a little too much most of the time :ph34r:

We met in a Taxi in Trinidad de Cuba .

The taxi driver tried to stitch me up on the price of the ride and as I walked away he shouted out ' Ok ' .

The driver proposed a share with three Frenchies and we all spent the day together at La playa Blanca ( not the taxi driver , obviously ) 

She was hot in her bikini and a lovely girl to match . 

Luckily she fell for the Isewater charm . 

:flowers:

Well I met my future partner a couple of weeks ago (they just don't know it yet) in a bar whilst meeting up with some old Friends who now live quite a distance away from Bristol. 

They had brought their cousin down to Bristol for the weekend with them and there was an instant connection and obvious chemistry and attraction.

Shared some complimentary messages with each other but not sure how to take it further. Think the distance makes it a no go tbh.

24 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Well I met my future partner a couple of weeks ago (they just don't know it yet) in a bar whilst meeting up with some old Friends who now live quite a distance away from Bristol. 

They had brought their cousin down to Bristol for the weekend with them and there was an instant connection and obvious chemistry and attraction.

Shared some complimentary messages with each other but not sure how to take it further. Think the distance makes it a no go tbh.

Distance is only an object if you want it to be .

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We met in a Taxi in Trinidad de Cuba .

The taxi driver tried to stitch me up on the price of the ride and as I walked away he shouted out ' Ok ' .

The driver proposed a share with three Frenchies and we all spent the day together at La playa Blanca ( not the taxi driver , obviously ) 

She was hot in her bikini and a lovely girl to match . 

Luckily she fell for the Isewater charm . 

:flowers:

I'm guessing you had a problem with substance abuse Your Maj (aka Derien)

I was in the RAF, she was a Civil Servant in the Post Room. February 14th was coming up so I asked if she would like to go out for a drink.

One month later were engaged and on October 3rd we were married. That was in 1981 and we're still together.

Only fly in the ointment; my Father in Law was a Walsall fan. 3rd October 1981; Bristol City 0 - Walsall 1.

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Met my Mrs at an engagement party 31 years ago, been married for 26 of them! I couldn't function without the old bat TBH! ;)

Your Mum's eldest sister always had a wet soft spot for you Son.  At least we kept it in the family. And to think your Mum's engagement to me led to all this ...... amazing !!

16 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Distance doesn't bother me at all, I can see the benefits of it. Not sure of their thoughts on it though but the conversation has never really gone that far tbh.

Just keep the convo flowing, the appropriate time will come to mention the subject.

Being honest, I am useless at relationships. I have no idea how they work, I get bored easily, and always find faults. I do think they're some beings who just aren't meant to be with another human being for life.

Last dance at my firms Xmas bash at the Top Rank (yes folks, I'm THAT old). Totally pissed and was heading off to TM to catch the night train to Carlisle (we were playing them the next day).

I fell asleep on a seat in TM and missed it !

Didn't see her for a week or so till her friend rang me at our work place to say  Chris (for that is her name) fancied me ! Arranged to go out.......... I was so trollyed at the dance I couldn't remember what she looked like but figured she must have been " half about" or I wouldn't have bothered !

Anyhoo I remembered she had incredibly long auburn hair. 

That was 1973, married in 74, still together.

Odd thing was, she told me years later that when she saw me across the dance floor she thought..........." I'm going to marry that guy"   !!!

Strange cove, life !

Archived