IGNORED

How did you meet your partner?

WTFiGO!?!

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I call bluff , you said you are not in a relationship so you can't be Mrs Channing Tatum  (whoever he/she/they are , whet sort of name is Channing :blink:). 

Channing Tatum is the beautiful man on the left, and Mrs CT is Jenna Dewan, his equally beautiful wife :wub: 

IMG_1969.JPG

5 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Channing Tatum is the beautiful man on the left, and Mrs CT is Jenna Dewan, his equally beautiful wife :wub: 

Aaahhh recognise him, sort of , couldn't tell you a film he's been in (without my go to helper IMDB ) , and surprisingly don't recognise her. Obviously wasn't in game of thrones ;)

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Aaahhh recognise him, sort of , couldn't tell you a film he's been in (without my go to helper IMDB ) , and surprisingly don't recognise her. Obviously wasn't in game of thrones ;)

I don't recognise either,  and it's a no from me. All yours @Dollymarie, oh and btw I'm not sure Flinty ended up in your cupboard when I saw him first :sad26:

On 17/09/2017 at 18:51, 1960maaan said:

Watch the her go on the show lip sync battle :ph34r:

Well just a little update. Things seem to be going well. Since my apology text that I have said about it has been one massive long conversation. 

I decided that as it was a bit too jokey at times. I wanted to start creating a friendship so asked some advice about an issue I'm having at work and a long conversation stemmed from there. They have also started to open up about things from that so pleaser with that.

Without wanting to hijack this thread, I met my now ex at Sixth form, I was new to the school and she was in my tutor and was assigned to show me around. 

3 weeks later we were dating.

However, I have "severe" social anxiety and events just after we broke up exasperated it (not blaming her for how I am right now, as that was nearly 5 years ago, but it caused possibly my worst low point)

Reference for how bad I get- a year or so ago I was out with a friend and was told that a (rather attractive) girl liked me, and my response was to laugh it off as a joke. On a bad day I feel physically ill at just the thought of talking to someone I don't know, even if it is just the cashier at a shop. 

I, and all my friends from sixth form, left Bristol for Uni. But I am the only one who is back in Bristol, and despite moving back 18 months ago, I only know one person- who I met 6 weeks ago after joining a drama group, but even them I barely know as we are doing backstage work the whole time.

To top it off, I am inept at holding a conversation until I know someone quite well, unless the topic is football.

No.1  Met at work.  Married and produced a wonderful son (became an Everton supporter - where did I go wrong?).  Got fed up with the aggro and divorced - she then fell off a cliff in Lanzarote.

No.2  Met through a dating agency.  A divorced lady from Madeira - her father was President of the club which produced Ronaldo!  We drifted apart but remain on speaking terms.

No. 3  Met at work.  Lovely lady but a real control freak and after ten years we drifted apart but remain friends and may sometime get back together.

Now live contentedly in Spain on my own.  Spend my time writing the greatest novel ever written - plus knocking back Ribera del Duero in copious quantities.

Funny old life innit?

18 minutes ago, Mighty Squirrel Kingdom said:

Met at work in 88. Took her to the Forest semi final at AG in '89, first game she'd ever been to. We were in the open end, got soaked and she didn't see a thing. We try to go to Forest at home whenever we play them as it's 'our game' :-)

That is so romantic MSK . I have a little tear in my eye reading your story . 

:sad26:

3 hours ago, Mighty Squirrel Kingdom said:

Met at work in 88. Took her to the Forest semi final at AG in '89, first game she'd ever been to. We were in the open end, got soaked and she didn't see a thing. We try to go to Forest at home whenever we play them as it's 'our game' :-)

Can of cider & a portion of chips on the park wall to commemorate such an occasion? Now that really would make you an old romantic.

3 hours ago, Mighty Squirrel Kingdom said:

The first 2 City games I took my then-girlfriend, now-wife, to were both Forest matches: 1-4 defeat at their's in the FA Cup and the 1-4 home game with Collymore scoring a brace.

For the cup game, me and @Mad Cyrilwere both there with our respective partners: being the old romantic I bought open terrace tickets, rather than spend 4 quid each more on seats, and my wife, who is 5'2", could see jack-sh1t through the crowd. It then hailed in the 2nd half, and the ladies suggested that they nip out to the shops and we caught up with them later. I told them the lie that the gates were always locked to the end, and no exits were permitted. They believed me and stuck it out in the cold. Not sure she has ever really forgiven me.

On 9/19/2017 at 15:18, Red Bill said:

No.1  Met at work.  Married and produced a wonderful son (became an Everton supporter - where did I go wrong?).  Got fed up with the aggro and divorced - she then fell off a cliff in Lanzarote.

No.2  Met through a dating agency.  A divorced lady from Madeira - her father was President of the club which produced Ronaldo!  We drifted apart but remain on speaking terms.

No. 3  Met at work.  Lovely lady but a real control freak and after ten years we drifted apart but remain friends and may sometime get back together.

Now live contentedly in Spain on my own.  Spend my time writing the greatest novel ever written - plus knocking back Ribera del Duero in copious quantities.

Funny old life innit?

Really!?

On Tinder in Chile whilst on a trip to the 2014 World Cup. First conquest of many on that trip, or so I wrongly thought.

Loads of holidays together in 2014 and 2015 along with 3 months shacked up in a Clifton flat.

Married in 2016, living together permanently and a fellow City season ticket holder.

One day I'll get her hooked on OTIB too.

17 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

On Tinder in Chile whilst on a trip to the 2014 World Cup. First conquest of many on that trip, or so I wrongly thought.

Loads of holidays together in 2014 and 2015 along with 3 months shacked up in a Clifton flat.

Married in 2016, living together permanently and a fellow City season ticket holder.

One day I'll get her hooked on OTIB too.

You cruel person :fear:

On 12/09/2017 at 01:15, WTFiGO!?! said:

I'm not a cynic in love at all; I just take pissing about more easily in my stride.  Friends with benefits and what have you.  Three of my three brothers have established significant others.

There maybe, I say maybe, somebody who maybe getting a bit too close.  We shall see.

What I never quite got is how it all actually happens.  How do partners hook up, properly, for real? 

I foresee the girlies loving this thread.  

In addition to this post, do you wear your t-shirt very often?

The one with "I am a virgin" written on the back?

:thumbsup:

tfj

Archived