IGNORED

How did you meet your partner?

WTFiGO!?!

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 10:02, Dollymarie said:

@Up The City! hurrah. Nice one. :) 

Bit of an update, lots of great banter over the past few months. Told them how I felt a few weeks ago and the response was quite positive. Off to Ireland to visit them all in a few weeks where a night out with us all has been arranged. They seem quite excited I'm heading over there.

Looking forward to seeing how this develops however the one thing for sure is there is a great friendship there now.

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 18:56, bcfcredandwhite said:

I worked at the Dundry Inn, she worked at the Winford Arms. 

We got to know each other through drinking in each other's pubs. 

29 years and 3 kids later - still married -

**crikey I didn't realise it was that long!!!!!!

** is that what she said before eagerly accepting your proposal of marriage ? :) 

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 18:16, Dollymarie said:

We stalked each other on twitter. :fear:

We did not !  I arrived at the Ashton Gate 8 dinner with a pocket full of stinky cheese if you recall  :wub:.  You then requested a rendezvous in your Boudoir to nibble on some blue vein but stuck me in the wardrobe instead :disapointed2se:

I met my wife nearly a year before we had a proper conversation face to face.

I was doing promo work for Walkabout at a foam party and she took it upon herself to try and steal one of the Australian flags. Needless to say i went over and asked her not to, she then ran off and hid in the toilets while i chatted to her friends.

I became facebook friends with a few of them but not the one who ran to the toilets, no idea who she was. I managed to get her friend one of the flags from Walkabout that evening, which they hung on their kitchen wall in their university halls. This was in January 2009. I was in a relationship with another girl at this point

That relationship ended in the October of that year and i spent the rest of the calendar year bed hoping to make up for lost time.

Then one evening just before Christmas, I was talking to one of the guys who I was speaking to at the foam party on Facebook and this was the time when it had your friends list on the side. I saw the girl who had attempted to steal the flag on his list, and i thought "wow, she is smoking hot" - so i took a chance, clicked "add friend" and awaited a response to see if she's accept. She accepted it and we got talking, reminding her i was the guy who stopped her stealing the flag. Turns out we had so very much in common and we agreed to meet each other after the Christmas holidays.

Christmas holidays finished and we were due to meet up but i contracted mumps, which meant i was housebound for a fortnight until it cleared.

Once my beautiful face was back to normal, we met up at the classy romantic establishment, that is ASDA (behind Molineux for those who have been to Wolves' ground) - and we've never looked back

Got married in September 2014 and we had our first child on New Years Eve just gone.

Well guys I’m in Ireland and bunkered down for the incoming weather.

The second I got on the ferry they have been in constant contact with me! They couldn’t actually believe I was coming over to see them. 

Within a hour of being in Ireland they invited me out for a cuppa this week and then even offered me their spare room if I fancy a change! 

Possibly meeting them later So it’s all looking rather grand!

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Well guys I’m in Ireland and bunkered down for the incoming weather.

The second I got on the ferry they have been in constant contact with me! They couldn’t actually believe I was coming over to see them. 

Within a hour of being in Ireland they invited me out for a cuppa this week and then even offered me their spare room if I fancy a change! 

Possibly meeting them later So it’s all looking rather grand!

Bloody chuffed for you mate. It's not easy, and you've come out of your shell and done it. Hope it all goes well, I'm sure it will.

Done better than me anyhow, I'm absolutely useless when it comes to liking someone! No idea how to deal with the emotions. 

35 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Bloody chuffed for you mate. It's not easy, and you've come out of your shell and done it. Hope it all goes well, I'm sure it will.

Done better than me anyhow, I'm absolutely useless when it comes to liking someone! No idea how to deal with the emotions. 

You know what? I knew I felt something the 1st time I met them and I have just followed my heart and it seems I was well right to!

Met them briefly for half hour this evening as they were traveling through and that spark was defo still there.

I’d say I’m the same as you with emotions but I just had to follow my heart and now it seems to be paying off.

18 hours ago, Up The City! said:

You know what? I knew I felt something the 1st time I met them and I have just followed my heart and it seems I was well right to!

Met them briefly for half hour this evening as they were traveling through and that spark was defo still there.

I’d say I’m the same as you with emotions but I just had to follow my heart and now it seems to be paying off.

Good Luck.

You explained the background to this in an earlier post, and I hope it works out for you both.

13 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Why do you say them? Is their more than one? 

Surely it’s her or him not them??

Because I just prefer to use them :P

I’ve traveled all the way to Ireland, 4 hour drive to Wales, 4 hour ferry trip, 3 hour drive through Ireland, met them for half hour and now we can’t see each other as in different towns and both snowed in :blink: just my luck really :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Because I just prefer to use them :P

I’ve traveled all the way to Ireland, 4 hour drive to Wales, 4 hour ferry trip, 3 hour drive through Ireland, met them for half hour and now we can’t see each other as in different towns and both snowed in :blink: just my luck really :facepalm:

Where there’s a will and all that. :laughcont:

22 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I’m here for another week yet so sure it will be fine :yes: although they have said they are gonna lock me in their spare room so I can’t get my flight home :whistle:

This is kidnap.

Are you sure they are the right person for you?

Unless of course, you are in to the whole locks and chains scene in which case, don't forget the code word: "Flinty"

Jokes aside, wishing you lots of luck

50 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

This is kidnap.

Are you sure they are the right person for you?

Unless of course, you are in to the whole locks and chains scene in which case, don't forget the code word: "Flinty"

Jokes aside, wishing you lots of luck

I’m quite happy to be kidnapped by them :whistle:

I’m guessing to know about the passcode you must have used it a fair few times :P

Thank you.

14 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Perhaps they want you to be Harry Potter?

Silly question perhaps but why did you boom a different town? 

My childhood friends live in one town and I’m staying with them. And she lives in a different town.

7 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

What’s the weather like “up the city” will you be able to actually get to “them” ? 

It’s like Bristol is atm just from the 1st storm and still got Storm Emma to come yet. The whole town is on lockdown. Nothing open at all. 

We are planning a huge house party 2moro followed by going to a night club so hopefully we can still do that.

Good Afternoon from Ireland!

Well from those that remember my original post about me meeting said person and clicking straight away.

Well last night we had a house party and then went to a night club. The chemistry was still there and even more intense. Things then developed some what! 

Im glad I followed my heart!

19 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@Up The City!any further news? 

Only bad news I’m affraid.

So Saturday night was absolutely amazing, all loved up etc, almost had to use the ‘code word’ a few times!

But since then things have cooled of drastically and now we’re barely speaking.

She sent a message saying she feels awkward and doesn’t know how she feels about us and she needs time to see how she feels and that she needs to work on herself before she does anything cos tbh her life is a bit messy. She still has so many issues from what her ex did to her and I think how quickly we have fallen for each other has scared her.

she did put on record that I’m lovely and a great laugh and that she hopes I come back to Ireland.

Im in Ireland for a little longer but conscious of pushing things as this could go either way. I was thinking of asking her out for a cuppa because we kinda need to forget that night and go from there but I’m really unsure.

13 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@Up The City!any further updates mate? 

I sent a message asking if we could rewind a bit and go for that coffee we never got round to and she said yes that be good but we’ve not nailed anything down yet. 

We saw each other at a kids party the other day and as usual we got on great.

i just think right now she’s not in a place in her life where she is ready for a relationship so I’m pretty much just gonna write this off for now I think.

Archived