IGNORED

How did you meet your partner?

WTFiGO!?!

There is reference to a cock blocker in the messages, and the romantic interest is a woman, so surely it’s not a homosexual relationship? 

Answers to Dolly’s questions are needed, or is this a story along the lines of Taxi for Johnson’s work related one!

58 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

@Up The City! so can you explain the things above that don’t quite seem to add up then? :blink:

It’s all very complicated ain’t it :laughcont:

14 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Galway is lovely btw :)

I fell in love with the place. We only really spent the day on the beach and went to the arcades and for some food but what a beautiful place to do that. Full of Americans tho. 

Yano if this doesn’t go any further then I’m delighted about the last 3 days and I can return to England with some real good memories. It is such a huge difference to last time. I think I’m finally cracking through those walls.

The truth is me and her really really really annoy the hell out of each other, but we both actually quite like that. Constantly telling each other to duck off etc.

I got a decision to make about tonight, do I go for it? Do I just see how it goes? But I know for sure however tempting it might be I have to avoid a situation like the last time we went out.

40 minutes ago, PunkRockDad said:

I’ve always read this as being a homosexual relationship.

I thought it became obvious early in the thread.

Quite funny to see the reactions from people who've read this far and are only just coming to the realisation on page 7 that @Up The City! is female though!

1 hour ago, SuperDziek said:

There is reference to a cock blocker in the messages, and the romantic interest is a woman, so surely it’s not a homosexual relationship? 

My theory would be that both @Up The City! and her prospective Irish lover are either bisexual or have belatedly come to the conclusion they prefer women after having had heterosexual relationships earlier on leading to them both having young children.

So a male 'cock blocker' on her prospective partner's side would be entirely feasible if the Irish woman is indeed bisexual, in which case @Up The City! may have been seeking a lesbian relationship where the Irish woman, though attracted to her, may presently prefer a heterosexual one, or may not be sure either way. Hence the mixed messages!

Or that may be completely wrong - either way I realised long ago it's all far too complicated for me to offer any relationship advice!

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

My theory would be that both @Up The City! and her prospective Irish lover are either bisexual or have belatedly come to the conclusion they prefer women after having had heterosexual relationships earlier on leading to them both having young children.

So a male 'cock blocker' on her prospective partner's side would be entirely feasible if the Irish woman is indeed bisexual, in which case @Up The City! may have been seeking a lesbian relationship where the Irish woman, though attracted to her, may presently prefer a heterosexual one, or may not be sure either way. Hence the mixed messages!

Or that may be completely wrong - either way I realised long ago it's all far too complicated for me to offer any relationship advice!

Is this actually a script from Frazier? :blink::ermm:

It's given me a headache now, and I don't fancy anyone. Although Galway is the clear winner here in my book... 

To complicate things further I’m not too sure how much I actually like her as a person if that makes any sense? Like we really get on great and have a great laugh etc and are very similar and got lots in common but she actually really annoys me and sometimes I like it but the more I spend time with her the annoyance grates on me a little :laughcont:

• Admin
1 hour ago, screech said:

Too complicated a question in 2018. I read an article about a bloke who is now a transgender lady but only dates girls.  

Man or woman is so last week.

Must be nearly time to wheel out the Schrödingers Cat theory..........

On 26/05/2018 at 20:31, Up The City! said:

Tbh I’ve avoided answering this cos I think it’s irrelevant what my sex is or what my sexuality is. Not saying that in a horrible way but yea I just don’t think it matters:) 

Absolutely.

Couldn't give a shit if you're a fella that likes birds, a bird that likes other birds or whichever.

I think you're sound and one day, the perfect Mr/Miss Right will come into your life. Whether that's Miss Irish lady, remains to be seen.

15 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Absolutely.

Couldn't give a shit if you're a fella that likes birds, a bird that likes other birds or whichever.

I think you're sound and one day, the perfect Mr/Miss Right will come into your life. Whether that's Miss Irish lady, remains to be seen.

Thank you :)

Well Saturday night nothing happened which I was pleased about as didn’t want to make any mistakes like last time, in fact we both avoided each other all night.

So I’ve ascertained that she don’t have a fella but she does like a fella who was there sat night, I ain’t being no option. 

We spent every day with each other since we’d and come Saturday we had both become pretty pissed off with each other and almost had an argument before we went out. 

She came over this morning and was talking about how she had a all weekend bender and was on coke and speed and was brazingly speaking about this bloke in front of me and for me, that’s it.

Never did I think it would be me walking away from this but no way can I Be involved in any of that crap! 

When she’s not having weekend long benders and around bad influences she is perfect, but she’s like two different people and I really don’t like that other person I saw on Saturday! It’s such a shame cos without all that she could make something of her life.

I am really pleased that I came over and figured all this out cos I can go back to England next week knowing I came here, showed her the real me but that just wasn’t enough.

I used to think that she was out of my league etc, the truth is I’m way to good for her.

On 08/05/2018 at 15:10, Up The City! said:

I went better than that, that note I wrote for myself for closure I sent it off to her and put in some pics of me and her. It literally said everything I wanted to say to her in it.

She been working away at the Ed Sheeran concerts and got home Last night and then I got a message from my friend saying she had just come around to his house and is crying her eyes out cos of the letter I sent her. She then sent me a message saying “you have made me cry”

She then went on and said she likes to act like a tough nut and she has BIG walls up and doesn’t let her guard down easily but the letter and pics made her laugh, cry and touched her and that no one has ever done something like that for her before. 

From the time I’ve spent with her it was pretty easy to see that she’s got walls up, at times I thought nah she’s just playing me but I have always seen something in her that says to me that’s not the case, but I have questioned it many times! I’ll admit it doesn’t help that I also have walls up! 

I am quite happy to just leave this like it is now but there is that feeling that if she’s crying about me then it’s worth pursuing cos I’ve obviously had some sort of effect on her, but she just doesn’t like to admit it.

But then i am also very aware that breaking down those walls ain’t no easy task. All this is new to her as she ain’t used to it so that actually puts her guard up even more, add on the fact I live in England and I can see why she is resisting falling for me, even though it’s clear to see she has.

More than likely that is what she wants you to do. Women are very tactical mate. Please beware.

2 hours ago, Erithacus said:

And so the cautious approach has yielded some vital facts. There is more than one side to most people, patently. Fools rush in, but it looks like you dodged a bullet there, UTC.  :thumbsup:

Indeed and that’s why I never jumped right in when I so easily could have. There was just something telling me not to go for it with her.

Monday to Friday she’s a perfect girl, someone who you would think would make a great wife etc and someone you would take home to meet the parents. But come the weekend, when she goes to the main town, around bad influences that’s not a girl I even want to associate with! 

There will always be something between us that’s for sure, like just then I had to go round her house cos my friends were out and once again we constantly flirt and bounce off each other.

What I need to try and do is think with my head and not my heart...

15 hours ago, Up The City! said:

There will always be something between us that’s for sure, like just then I had to go round her house cos my friends were out and once again we constantly flirt and bounce off each other.

You didn’t have to go around, you could of gone for a walk by yourself or something. 

You need to let her leave your life now, otherwise you’ll never move on. 

Can you please elaborate on the 3 year old child at airport comment as that’s very concerning.

7 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@Up The City! My other question is where does this own women’s kid go when she goes on coke and speed fuelled frenzy’s every weekend? 

I’ve got to be honest, she sounds like proper trailer trash scum mate! 

You also need to find another hobby. Perhaps visit a library rather than her house when you have a spare 5 minutes...

She stays with her grand mother or sometimes the Dad when he can be assed. I feel real sorry for that little girl as she is an adoreable cutie and such a character.

I think tbh I’ve pretty much come to that same conclusion, sadly. At times I’ve been able to see the real her but sadly she’s on a very slippery slope in life.

Ive distances myself from her since yesterday, I went out for the rest of the day yday and also went out today. 

Ive got a week left of my holiday and I’m not gonna worry about wasting time on her! I don’t particularly want my son around someone like that!

10 hours ago, Up The City! said:

She stays with her grand mother or sometimes the Dad when he can be assed. I feel real sorry for that little girl as she is an adoreable cutie and such a character.

Hang on a minute @Up The City!

Previously you were implying you were the dad. Didn't you drop your lad at the airport?

More holes than a sieve appearing in this story!

Archived