IGNORED

How did you meet your partner?

WTFiGO!?!

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Also concerned, OK you don't want to reveal too many personal things, but how did you leave your 3 year old at an airport?

I dropped my son at the Airport the last time I was here as the other parent flew over to collect him whilst I continued my holiday for a further week.

After 2 months back in Bristol me and my son have came out here for another holiday for two weeks. 

I am sad that for some reason my situation is being questioned? I know for a fact right now I’m sat in the car park of a golden island in Athlone about to go into Dealz. This whole thing with this girl isn’t easy, I thought I’d found my soul mate and it’s oretty tough to realise that’s not actually the case.

As far as I can recall without reading the entire thread, @Up The City! has been extremely vague throughout as to his/her sex and, indeed, the sex of certain other characters in the story, even in the most recent post wherein, explaining the 'son left at the airport' issue, reference is made to 'the other parent'.

Assuming the account is true, and I am becoming increasingly sceptical, it would seem that @Up The City! is female and, quite possibly, so is 'the other parent'. 

Whatever his or her sex, however, I really do think @Up The City! needs to get some backbone - I shall refrain from saying grow some balls - and just get back to the UK and find a decent partner of whatever sex, enabling him or her to get on with their lives instead of hopping over to Ireland all the time chasing this philandering, drunken, drug taking colleen.  

32 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

This is her kid not his. His is still at the airport as much as we know? 

Can we have a kid at the airport update please @Up The City!

As @Up The City! liked my previous 'theory' post it probably wasn't too far from the truth.

If so, I think we've established there is no him or 'his'. 

@Up The City! is a woman, her prospective Irish lover is also a woman, and they both have young children from previous heterosexual relationships.

It seems there are no males directly involved, though it's not absolutely clear how the peripheral yet ever present, 'cock blocker' fits in, except that the Irish woman, being bisexual, may be angling for a heterosexual relationship at this time rather than a homosexual one, which would be an added complication (as if any more were needed) to @Up The City!achieving her original goal.

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Hang on a minute @Up The City!

Previously you were implying you were the dad. Didn't you drop your lad at the airport?

More holes than a sieve appearing in this story!

With both the main characters being female, then, as above, no 'dads' are directly involved in this story - presuming, that is, that the 'cock blocker' isn't the father of the Irish womans' child. :blink:

Some people will say the lesbian side of the story makes no difference, true to an extent but while I might have felt qualified to offer general advice to @Up The City! on a heterosexual relationship (which I have had experience of) I don't feel qualified to give similar advice on a homosexual one.

For what it's worth I reckon she's belatedly coming to the right conclusion to be decisive and call an end to any thoughts of a relationship with this unreliable and unpredictable woman though.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I dropped my son at the Airport the last time I was here as the other parent flew over to collect him whilst I continued my holiday for a further week.

I am sad that for some reason my situation is being questioned?

I know for a fact right now I’m sat in the car park of a golden island in Athlone about to go into Dealz. 

Whilst you are correct that your personal life is exactly that. But you have been very honest about other personal events on here.

I am sure one of the mods on here can do an IP trace and at least see if you are in that part of the world?.

13 hours ago, Up The City! said:

She stays with her grand mother or sometimes the Dad when he can be assed.

As for questioning your situation. Well that is easy to answer.

I had a hunch that you are a friend of my younger brother and speaking to him yesterday about this thread he confirmed he knows of someone where this story is mostly true.

The ONLY thing he did say was that you would be the FATHER of the child, so I have no idea why you would put the line copied above?

Anyway, no harm meant by this, just the thread got a bit silly. I am sure there will be others that will carry on now

Let’s get this thread back on track then ;)

I met my partner 7 years ago at a cousins birthday. We’ve been engaged for 5 years and are getting married on 16th June. Booked the wedding a year ago and amazing how quickly it’s come round! Feeling a bit nervous about the day but once I’ve got my speech out the way I’ll be fine :) 

Never believed in love at first sight until I met her, we truly click and just get each other. 

7 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

Let’s get this thread back on track then ;)

I met my partner 7 years ago at a cousins birthday. We’ve been engaged for 5 years and are getting married on 16th June. Booked the wedding a year ago and amazing how quickly it’s come round! Feeling a bit nervous about the day but once I’ve got my speech out the way I’ll be fine :) 

Never believed in love at first sight until I met her, we truly click and just get each other. 

Boring.......... where's the bit about Ireland, the will she won't she, the kid?!?

Only kidding pal, amazing news, congrats! Best of luck for 2 weeks time, remember take the speech slow, wait for laughs, and let it come from the heart.

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

@bissellredhead The speaches are the easy part - it is the first dance you want to be afraid of !

You have usually had "a few" before the first dance so feel more relaxed and not that bothered about making an idiot of yourself!

Staying on topic, and answering to the OP... i met my partner in Ireland. I was enjoying a quiet little coke/speed/beer frenzy when in she walked, well i say walked i meant RAN in  and hid under the table that i was sat at. There were mumbles of stalker,.... friend-zone.... help.....  i couldn't really make it out. Any way, we are in love now and are both looking forward to our  future together. You are all invited to the wedding btw.

The evening do that is, not the day bit with the speeches etc. 

15 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

What about the kid at the airport or is he now ring bearer? 

I need to speak to "the other parent" but hopefully he will be arriving on the back of a unicorn whilst playing the bagpipes, which are made of clouds, as i watch my imaginary bride float up the aisle. 

20 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I am sure one of the mods on here can do an IP trace and at least see if you are in that part of the world?.

It says somewhere other than Ireland but it's not always accurate. 

23 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Whilst you are correct that your personal life is exactly that. But you have been very honest about other personal events on here.

As for questioning your situation. Well that is easy to answer.

I had a hunch that you are a friend of my younger brother and speaking to him yesterday about this thread he confirmed he knows of someone where this story is mostly true.

The ONLY thing he did say was that you would be the FATHER of the child, so I have no idea why you would put the line copied above?

Anyway, no harm meant by this, just the thread got a bit silly. I am sure there will be others that will carry on now

Anymore updates on this? 

I do believe @Up The City! is in Ireland, I do however find some things weird like having your ex fly to Ireland to pick up your kid so you stay longer (why? whats in it for them?), and how it's just round in circle.

The woman in Ireland sounds like an absolute nightmare, but I do wonder how much of it has been played up for attention. 

I've enjoyed this thread so not complaining if it is for attention. Just I read it like a crappy weekly newspaper column, than a genuine issue/thing. 

14 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Any updates? Is the druggie well into her Cole fuelled weekend bing? 

Did you child make it home safely? 

I decided to return home a couple of days ago with my son. I did all I wanted to do whilst out there. This girl is hosting a christening party at hers today over the bank holiday weekend, marquee etc. All the bad influences will be there and I just didn’t want to be around that.

Didnt even say goodbye to her, just packed the car up and left and not spoke since.

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I decided to return home a couple of days ago with my son. I did all I wanted to do whilst out there. This girl is hosting a christening party at hers today over the bank holiday weekend, marquee etc. All the bad influences will be there and I just didn’t want to be around that.

Didnt even say goodbye to her, just packed the car up and left and not spoke since.

Can't believe people still believe your on going soap opera. Making it up as you go along !!

6 hours ago, Spoons said:

Can't believe people still believe your on going soap opera. Making it up as you go along !!

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

No just someone who is enjoying the attention that thier fairytale is getting them! 

For the record I first commented on this thread simply because I had met someone who I felt at the time could make a good partner.

I have Aspergers so dating doesn’t come easy, especially international dating. Following the advice I received on this thread it gave me the confidence to follow my gut instinct. Without this thread I’d never have had that confidence, I’ve never left the UK before, never been on a ferry before, never flew before (terrorfied of flying) but this thread changed all that.

Whilst you may think this was all made up for attention in fact this thread has really helped to change my life and got me doing things I’d never have done otherwise. Whilst I feel crap that it didn’t work out as planned this girl and this thread and all the people who have commented have changed my life in ways you wouldn’t even know. I was took right out of my comfort zone, I faced huge personal challenges and I conquered each and every single one of them and for that reason I have no regrets. 

The fairytale is over but I move forward in life with a new found confidence. I shouldn’t have to do this but I can provide anything to prove this ‘fairytale’ was true.

I am not a liar, I am not an attention seeker, I was simply looking for advice on a challenging situation.

31 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I photo of you and this women would be good to see. 

Why? What has @Up The City! got to prove to you? 

@Up The City! has sent a screengrab to show their location, a picture is 100% not nessicary. It’s just you being nosey.

Do I think some parts of the story have been exaggerated and twisted? Yes. Do I think there may of been some white lies, particularly around their sex or children? Potentially.

This is OTIB, exaggerated and twisted posts go up all the time, e.g. “I Will Boo”, or the thread about ODonnell being one of the best keepers in the league.

Overall I believe the crux of the story is true, and there’s now a witch hunt going on, which is over the top. 

3 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I photo of you and this women would be good to see. 

No. I read all the Harry Potter books years ago and really enjoyed them, saw the film version and it wasn’t at all as I had thought. So like all good stories this saga is best left to the imagination I think.

22 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@Up The City! any updates? She been in contact? 

Very very little contact between us both.

It’s sad she was never willing to find out what the crazy chemistry could have led to but that’s life. The funny thing is now rat face has his own place he’s never around anymore, he used her for somewhere to hang out whilst homeless and inadvertently stopped us spending time together. But these things happen and next week I have a date with someone else.

2 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Some of our were actually interested. Have you never been in love spoons? 

Married for 13 years to my childhood sweetheart!! So yes I do. I also know when someone is making up a nice jackanory story ......!!!

Archived