IGNORED

Ratings

old_eastender

(with 6 being decent performance)

Frankie - 6, did make several good stops, perhaps could have done better in cutting out cross that led to their first, o chance with their 3rd.

Wright - 7, playing in unfamiliar position until switch to 3 at the back, solid display.

Flint - 8, scored one, made one,  but perhaps culpable with others for 2 of their goals. Great inspiration though.

Baker - 7, one rash challenge punished with a yellow, otherwise stood up really well.

Bryan - 9, excellent again today against very tricky opponent too.

Smith - 8, was here, there and everywhere, really good CM performance.

Brownhill - 6, usual energy, one poor shot when ball dropped to him in during 1st half. Did tire.

Leko - 8, a real live wire, at time Wolves had 3 on or around him, Surprisingly subbed.

COD - 7, for me one of CODs better performances, did not run down so many blind alleys as normal. Did a huge amount of defensive work.

Reid - 8, always showing for the ball and first to react to net the 3rd.

Fammy - 4, very calmly taken Pen, but apart from that offered us very little. Time he was dropped from starting 11.

Subs. Not really on long enough to show much to base a rating on.

Great point, in spite of the disappointment of being pegged back to 3-3.

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

(with 6 being decent performance)

Frankie - 6, did make several good stops, perhaps could have done better in cutting out cross that led to their first, o chance with their 3rd.

Wright - 7, playing in unfamiliar position until switch to 3 at the back, solid display.

Flint - 8, scored one, made one,  but perhaps culpable with others for 2 of their goals. Great inspiration though.

Baker - 7, one rash challenge punished with a yellow, otherwise stood up really well.

Bryan - 9, excellent again today against very tricky opponent too.

Smith - 8, was here, there and everywhere, really good CM performance.

Brownhill - 6, usual energy, one poor shot when ball dropped to him in during 1st half. Did tire.

Leko - 8, a real live wire, at time Wolves had 3 on or around him, Surprisingly subbed.

COD - 7, for me one of CODs better performances, did not run down so many blind alleys as normal. Did a huge amount of defensive work.

Reid - 8, always showing for the ball and first to react to net the 3rd.

Fammy - 4, very calmly taken Pen, but apart from that offered us very little. Time he was dropped from starting 11.

Subs. Not really on long enough to show much to base a rating on.

Great point, in spite of the disappointment of being pegged back to 3-3.

Leko looks a player. As he gets match fit he's going to be a real asset in this league 

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

He was left 1 on 1 with their tricky forward most of the game, and stood up to it really well I thought.

Pretty sure both their wingers have played champions league in the past couple years. It's like your full back isn't allowed to struggle against some of the quickest and trickiest players in the world. Granted I didn't see the game but their starting wingers have a very high pedigree which I think should be considered 

Flint should be no more than a 7, and that's only because he scored a goal. 

We look weaker as a defensive unit with him out there & he has Frankie to thank for not scoring an own goal tonight. 

Its a tough one, scores a few goals but are we stronger with him in the side?

When Pisano is back id like us to revert back to the usual back 4.

4 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Flint should be no more than a 7, and that's only because he scored a goal. 

We look weaker as a defensive unit with him out there & he has Frankie to thank for not scoring an own goal tonight. 

Its a tough one, scores goals but are we stronger with him in the side?

When Pisano is back id like us to revert back to the usual back 4.

I'm pretty sure LJ will be thinking the same...

" I would happily watch a game like that every week even if we never won"  That was a quote from a Wolves fan on BBC WM after the game.  An incredibly entertaining game of football which neither side deserved to lose.  

Wolves started the better team and were causing problems on our left as Leko was giving Bryan no assistance whatsoever.  We were getting overrun a little bit but what was very encouraging to see was Lee Johnson affecting the game again and changing our shape.  We went to a 5-3-2 and from then on for the rest of the first half we matched them.  

Fielding

O' Dowda  Wright  Flint Baker  Bryan

Brownhill Smith Reid

Diedhiou Leko

That meant that Wright was more comfortable and Bryan had more protection.

We started second half badly and were under the cosh a little bit but always looked like a threat going forward.  One concern tonight was our defending on set pieces which has to improve, and really should with the height we have.  

I thought we might hang on when we bundled in the third but it wasn't to be and nobody can begrudge Wolves a point.  They have a very classy team and will finish top 6 easily I expect.

Fielding - 6 - poor on first goal.  No idea why he didnt come out.  Made a few smart saves and distribution better

Wright - 7 - much better when went to centre back.  Won a lot in the air and decent on the ground

Flint - 7 - organised the back 4 then back 5 and generally solid

Baker - 8 - some superb last ditch blokes and tackles.  Had to be careful after early booking.  Very impressive

Bryan - 9 - joint MOTM - excellent display.  Often outnumbered and coped admirably.  Someone above said he was caught out of position.  He was a wing back and had to get forward.  If we lose the ball in midfield it isnt his fault if he is out of position

Smith - 8 - would be a 9 but got caught in position a couple of times.  Calm on the ball.  Busy performance

Brownhill - 9 - joint MOTM - fantastic display.  Always looking for the ball.  Excellent in possession and never gave the ball away.  Best game I've seen him play

O'Dowda - 6 - not much came off for him tonight but did pretty well considering most of the game he was at right wing back

Reid - 8 - another top night for Reid.  A performance that is becoming typical of him.  Great control, endless running.  Kept ball when needed to absorb pressure.  

Leko - 7 - frustrating performance in way.  A young naive winger who wants to beat his man three times.  Easy to see what he can be.  Tired second half

Diedhiou - 5 - the calm penalty takes it up from a 4.  People around me cheered when he won one header tonight.  Starting to get more worried with every game.  

Fielding- 8. Some more brilliant reflex saves- he even got to a few shots from distance! Yes, he conceded 3 today but you can't blame him for them as these were due to errors by Wright and Flint

Wright-7. Pleasantly surprised by him, although for their first goal he was out of position. Still tried and battled, and contributed a surprisingly high number of balls into the attacking half

Baker-7. Got a yellow for a bit of a chop and other than that was relatively solid yet unspectacular. 

Flint-8. Scored and assisted but should be better at defending set pieces as this was a major weakness for us today.

Bryan-9. Very impressed with him, solid tackles. Should be noted that he was caught out of position for their second and was punished for it. Despite this, he made an excellent contribution and hopefully starts to link up well with Leko.

O'Dowda-6. Not really a fan of Callum to be honest, and my friend who was watching his first City game immediately picked him out as a weak link. I can understand why he is being played on the right now but he needs to be moved from it as he is a very one footed young man. If he needs time to develop his weak foot, he should be doing it on loan, but it's too late for that now. He made some runs but was usually the break down point for moves

Brownhill-7. Unglamorous work interspersed with occasional clever play and flicks. Booked for tripping a Wolves player before he could attack the goal which is an example of a perfect tactical foul. He is getting good at having little nicks at opposing players. Tired later on and was subbed

Smith-7. Made good passes and had one particularly good run. However, the Wolves players realised he sometimes takes a while to undertake a long pass and managed to dispossess him a few times because of that. Better than previous games but still not a standout.

Reid-8. What a player this lad is turning out to be. Has the audacity to try some great skills and had fantastic reflexes for the goal. Does not stop running and usually gets up straight after being clattered. Did have to come deep a few times to actually get the ball, however.

Leko-8. Jonathon was extremely exciting and kept beating players as if they weren't there. Eventually, Wolves had 2-3 people on him at any given time in order to try and finally stop him. Not a lot of end product but this will come in time as he gets used to his team mates. Shame he got subbed as he looked a different class and I cannot wait to see him more this season. I hope he is played on the right and Eliasson on the left once we have Pisano back.

Diedhiou-4. Fammy didn't get a 3 this week because he took a penalty. However, he was yet again poor to almost unacceptable levels. He frequently tripped and would lose the ball, in one case starting a Wolves counter attack that we were very lucky they didn't score. His hold up play is not good despite his size although to be fair he was having the stuffing knocked out of him at times. He was not once a threat in open play and everything just bypassed him. I will still be giving him a lot more time but jesus if this what £5.5m gets you I better put in my CV to be the next Head of Recruitment because it seems to be one hell of an easy and lucrative role.

SUBS

Pack- 7: Not much time to make an impact

Taylor-5: Did he actually touch the ball apart from that time he handballed it? Isolated although to be fair to him we were trying to just defend for our lives by this point

Paterson- not on enough

think harsh on Famara- he had little to work with. Worked hard and contributed to an excellent point. Wolves looked very strong. We did well to weather the storm. Leko showed some excellent touches, while Reid continues to be a revelation. Korey Smith was everywhere. Joe Bryan coped pretty well but had little opportunity to get forward in the seocnd half. Shame we could not hold on for three points but would have settled for 1 at 7:45.

5 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Taylor-5: Did he actually touch the ball apart from that time he handballed it? Isolated although to be fair to him we were trying to just defend for our lives by this point

Think he headed the ball onto the post which Bobby turned in for the third. 

Archived