IGNORED

Highlights up

cityexile

5 hours ago, spudski said:

Looks like Smith and Baker both made the wrong moves/decisions. Bakers man pulls away from him, which made Smith stop in his tracks instead of tracking his man. A split decision that cost us the goal. Smith holds his head in his hands whilst speaking with Baker after the goal...you can see why it happened. Good play by the Wolves forward to pull away from Baker to make the space.

Bryan is guilty of giving way too much space to his man. Look at the chances they missed in those highlights where JB is ambling back giving his man way too much freedom. A trait he had last season when tracking back. It costs us dearly from goals conceded and crosses coming in.

Their third goal. The Wolves forwards run towards the near post...our defenders fall for it, realise, get stuck mid box, and the ball goes over their heads for the Wolves lad to come towards the back post. Looks comical on screen....

I can't really see how Baker is at fault. The player moved away from him but it's still Korey's man to track. If a player's breaking into your area like that you can't stop tracking half way, whatever happens around you. 

1 hour ago, RedSA said:

I can't really see how Baker is at fault. The player moved away from him but it's still Korey's man to track. If a player's breaking into your area like that you can't stop tracking half way, whatever happens around you. 

You can clearly see that Korey stopped to take the man that Baker was marking, and for Baker to take the man Korey was tracking.

The Wolves player that dropped to make the room, made the City players hesitate...just a split decision, but enough to make the difference.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

You can clearly see that Korey stopped to take the man that Baker was marking, and for Baker to take the man Korey was tracking.

The Wolves player that dropped to make the room, made the City players hesitate...just a split decision, but enough to make the difference.

I know but that's Korey's fault. He was tracking back and can't expect Baker to suddenly turn and follow the guy already in full flight in that split second. Korey should have just stayed with his man I think, its the safest bet. 

15 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I know but that's Korey's fault. He was tracking back and can't expect Baker to suddenly turn and follow the guy already in full flight in that split second. Korey should have just stayed with his man I think, its the safest bet. 

If you watch, when Bakers man pulls away, Baker stops. By stopping, it looks for a second like Baker is going to pick up the man Korey was tracking. It was that hesitant move that put Korey in two minds as to whether to keep tracking his man, or pick up on the man who dropped that Baker was initially marking.

I wouldn't say it was either players 'fault'....just very good play by the Wolves forward who dropped and caused the hesitancy in the City players.

That's the difference in this league to League 1....the small margins cause goals.

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

If you watch, when Bakers man pulls away, Baker stops. By stopping, it looks for a second like Baker is going to pick up the man Korey was tracking. It was that hesitant move that put Korey in two minds as to whether to keep tracking his man, or pick up on the man who dropped that Baker was initially marking.

I wouldn't say it was either players 'fault'....just very good play by the Wolves forward who dropped and caused the hesitancy in the City players.

That's the difference in this league to League 1....the small margins cause goals.

Yes, fault was the wrong word. I can see how Korey got confused, but as you say it's the small margins that make the difference, and it would of been safer for Korey to just track the guy as he was flying into our box, with the pass obviously on. 

Anyway, whats done is done now. 

20 hours ago, Chivs said:

Two things stand out for me:

1. When Famara scores the penalty the players find it really hard to celebrate with him.  They amble across (Bryan seems guilty to be next to him) and half-heartedly jump on him.  Is he not fitting in?  Does he speak English?

2. What is going on for their third goal?  Anyone suggesting Flint is worth a shed load of money needs to watch the highlights of that goal

Fantastic game by the look of it, and a point we'd all have taken.

This first point is really bizarre and not the reaction that I saw at all.

Pretty soon after scoring his pen Diedhiou is engulfed by at least 3 celebrating team mates.

In fact for Flint's goal only Brownhill appears to celebrate with him, but I put this down to the fact that after doing so he goes running off like some maniac, rather than any conspiracy theory.

Point 2 it looks to me like Flint simply completely mistimes his jump, I cannot see any opponent near enough to have impeded him, as others have suggested.

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pretty soon after scoring his pen Diedhiou is engulfed by at least 3 celebrating team mates.

In fact for Flint's goal only Brownhill appears to celebrate with him, but I put this down to the fact that after doing so he goes running off like some maniac, rather than any conspiracy theory.

Point 2 it looks to me like Flint simply completely mistimes his jump, I cannot see any opponent near enough to have impeded him, as others have suggested.

It really isn't the joint celebration of a team.  For sure, they eventually jump on him in the eternal way of footballers, but not enthusiastically.  I might be reading too much into it though.

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The goal celebrations do amuse me....the 'entourage' of celebrating players, let the goal scorer do their thing before 'jumping on'.

JB lets Diedhiou get his 'adrenalin rush out' before congratulating....even funnier is Brownhill following Flint waving to his loved ones in the crowd...he even has time to adjust his hair knowing he will be photographed with Flint, before jumping on and nuzzling like a baby into Flints neck. It actually made me feel a little nauseous :laugh:

23 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You really are reading too much into it I think. 

I've realised that our players can't possibly know what a Diedhiou celebration looks like so, I guess, they are waiting for the "robot" or the Shearer "raised hand" before jumping.

I stand by my comments though, if I don't see some full-on French kissing after his next goal... :hug:

6 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I've realised that our players can't possibly know what a Diedhiou celebration looks like so, I guess, they are waiting for the "robot" or the Shearer "raised hand" before jumping.

I stand by my comments though, if I don't see some full-on French kissing after his next goal... :hug:

Let's hope so! Would be great!

7 hours ago, RedSA said:

Yes, fault was the wrong word. I can see how Korey got confused, but as you say it's the small margins that make the difference, and it would of been safer for Korey to just track the guy as he was flying into our box, with the pass obviously on. 

Anyway, whats done is done now. 

Yep, Korey should continue to track, until Baker tells him he's got him.  There was no way Baker was gonna turn and pick up the runner and be better placed than if Korey had just continued to track him.  It can be too easy to pass the man on.

it was a good run by their man in fairness, and also by the other fella to pull off of Baker to create the space in behind.

You can always blame someone for a goal, but sometimes you also have to accept decent skills or movement from your opponents.

Their second goal was great movement to the near post.  The Wolves guy is 1) hoping its Bryan who tracks him, because that means Bryan won't be in front of him and 2) prays the ball is decent to get the flick...it was.

Again, any set-piece goal is disappointing to concede, but we scored one too.  Should Flint have got the first header?  No, but he did!

Archived