IGNORED

Flint (Merged)

Silvio Dante

Flint, Bryan and Reid to play for England 

What English defender is as hard as Flint? 

What English left back is as composed and intelligent as Bryan?

What English forward is as exciting as Reid (the new Scholes?)

They should all get to play in Russia, does the Prem even have English players these days?Most of them are rotting in Man City, Chelsea reserves, at least our boys are getting regular games.

9 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

They should all get to play in Russia, does the Prem even have English players these days?Most of them are rotting in Man City, Chelsea reserves, at least our boys are getting regular games.

Think you've been hiding some cider!

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

Cue the conspiracy, Flint doesn't appear on the BBC's top scorers for the championship despite having scored the same as a few who are listed with a much better goals to minutes ration :ranting: 

No assists though. Have always said we needed more creativity from our CBs.

58 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

On a semi-serious note, watching Match of the Day on Saturday, I couldn't help compare our back four to Liverpool's that got violated at Citeh/

Trent-Arnold     Matip  Klavan  Moreno

Vs

Vyner   Flint Baker   Bryan

Overall, I'd rather have ours.  Moreno is off his head, whilst Joe Bryan is a proper left back now.  Klavan is awful, Matip better but not great shakes.  Both Flint and Baker would be okay in the premiership in the right side.   Terrence Trent Arnold Lane is just a kid as is Zak Vyner.  Difference is the media salivate about the Liverpool kid in some EFL cup game against Bury but no one has heard of Zak outside of BS3. Doesn't mean that Zak is a worse player...

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

On a semi-serious note, watching Match of the Day on Saturday, I couldn't help compare our back four to Liverpool's that got violated at Citeh/

Vs

Overall, I'd rather have ours.  Moreno is off his head, whilst Joe Bryan is a proper left back now.  Klavan is awful, Matip better but not great shakes.  Both Flint and Baker would be okay in the premiership in the right side.   Terrence Trent Arnold Lane is just a kid as is Zak Vyner.  Difference is the media salivate about the Liverpool kid in some EFL cup game against Bury but no one has heard of Zak outside of BS3. Doesn't mean that Zak is a worse player...

We talking about value for money or in comparison for how goo they are for their league? Because if you stick that back 4 in the championship they'd do very well. As for your comparison of Vyner to Alexander-Arnold, Alexander-Arnold will stay playing at a high level for a while to come. 

3 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Give the guy credit, after the whole transfer debacle this summer he has acted with the upmost respect and shown the same passion and hunger as every other time he has worn the shirt. 

Feel for Johnson making Wright captain as I feel he won't be in the plans for long

Our captains of the last couple of seasons have been players who wouldn't necessarily feature much but were great guys off the pitch to be 'the guy' around the club, Wilbs for example.  

5 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Vs

There's levels in football and it would show. Their defence is better than ours. Don't let one game against Man City give any illusions about that. If they dropped to this level for some reason it would be clear.

TAA is the real deal. He performed really well against a good Hoffenheim side in the Europa league. 

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Our captains of the last couple of seasons have been players who wouldn't necessarily feature much but were great guys off the pitch to be 'the guy' around the club, Wilbs for example.  

Yeah I agree but I feel Wilbs was always a "club captain" similar to Louis at the end of his career where as Wright was chosen as a playing captain. 

I just feel it makes him harder to drop 

10 hours ago, The Bard said:

Vs

Is this a joke?

Fair play to Aden Flint after all the crap in the summer comes back into the side and scores two goals. Nice to see him finally get his head down and get back to what he does best. Ok we conceded three at wolves who are a very good side but we all love Aden and for me personally it's great to see him back in the squad.

Archived