IGNORED

FAN meeting - TONIGHT (Merged)

Dollymarie

On 13/09/2017 at 16:39, Neo said:

When are season card scanning machines going to be put in place to give the right discount?

Fed up with even trying to get 20% with dual season cards now - nobody but the shop staff know this even exists.

Reward loyalty by not honouring - classy !! :sad26:

I agree there should be scanners on the till enabling the concession staff to apply the correct discount and this was definitely something @Mkelly had previously said was going to happen. To be fair though I've found this season far far better than last year as most of th stafff I've encountered in the SBP or in the concourse do know about the dual discount. 

22 hours ago, Selred said:

Sorry @ziderheadarmy but this tickled me.

The club aren't stopping you from leaving, but as per most venues no readmission is allowed.  

You could however a) not eat at the ground, b) take in a sandwich with you. 

Tbh, though I can understand it from a logistical POV, security one also there must be a way to let people out.

Maybe KFC HT bit of a stretch but when you enter the ground, you then can't step outside to the club shop, the fanzone, the Sports Bar and Grill...or even to buy a fanzine by the entrance if it suddenly occurs to you. It may have changed as I haven't been for a while but I definitely recall entry and re-entry at cricket a while ago.

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh, though I can understand it from a logistical POV, security one also there must be a way to let people out.

Maybe KFC HT bit of a stretch but when you enter the ground, you then can't step outside to the club shop, the fanzone, the Sports Bar and Grill...or even to buy a fanzine by the entrance if it suddenly occurs to you. It may have changed as I haven't been for a while but I definitely recall entry and re-entry at cricket a while ago.

Pops, come on man! It's 15 minute break, by time you get down to the concourse do you really think you'll have time to go to the shop? Furthermore what can you get from the Bar and Grill which you can't get from the concourse outlets?

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Pops, come on man! It's 15 minute break, by time you get down to the concourse do you really think you'll have time to go to the shop? Furthermore what can you get from the Bar and Grill which you can't get from the concourse outlets?

Perhaps I was thinking it through poorly. 15 mins? 

I guess I was thinking more pre-game say you get in the ground at 2pm. Could that be arranged better?

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps I was thinking it through poorly. 15 mins? 

I guess I was thinking more pre-game say you get in the ground at 2pm. Could that be arranged better?

But again why would you go into the ground early if you want to go into the bar, shop etc?

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

But again why would you go into the ground early if you want to go into the bar, shop etc?

I don't know but people do. It's more on them I guess, but I don't know. First timers to a game? People used to for example cricket where you can or perhaps could nip in and out- as I say don't know if it's changed. Could be many reasons.

17 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm not a smoker, but what the arrangements for them? How far are they allowed to wander outside, how do they get back in?

To add to this, what are the security arrangement at half time? The doors are opened in the South Stand for those wanting a fag and then people are allowed to walk back in unchallenged so there is nothing in place to stop any old random coming into the concourse/stadium who hasn't got a ticket or been subject to a search . I think this is particularly relevant during these security conscious times and something I'd like to see an answer to.

10 minutes ago, South Bristol Red #4 said:

To add to this, what are the security arrangement at half time? The doors are opened in the South Stand for those wanting a fag and then people are allowed to walk back in unchallenged so there is nothing in place to stop any old random coming into the concourse/stadium who hasn't got a ticket or been subject to a search . I think this is particularly relevant during these security conscious times and something I'd like to see an answer to.

I think in another thread recently it was said that the site perimeter (e.g. Winterstoke Road entrance) is stewarded and you can only enter the stadium site if you have a ticket.

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I think in another thread recently it was said that the site perimeter (e.g. Winterstoke Road entrance) is stewarded and you can only enter the stadium site if you have a ticket.

I think it's a public right of way isn't it, that's why gates eg Raynes Road can't be locked but maybe on match days it's different?.

Automated home ticket machine in club shop for people to use on non match days. I know it's pushing it to have it accept cash but surely this is a no brainer? No staff costs needed. Can be used for Rugby and City. Obv away tickets have to be done else where. Similar software used by supermarkets at self scan tills. Less queues at ticket office on match day. Easy.

The old hut that used to sell tickets. What's happening?

Disappointed in stock changes. No City lunchbag anymore. No City wallpaper anymore. Why? 

Memorial garden/buy a brick/museum update please.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@RedM

There's a backgate in the Dolman..usually someone posted on it so no randoms could get in. Just allowed to step outside at back of Dolman.

Other stands? Dunno.

In the Lansdown I just went outside and walked back in at halftime nobody was around, you could easily get in for free at halftime if you wanted

15 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Automated home ticket machine in club shop for people to use on non match days. I know it's pushing it to have it accept cash but surely this is a no brainer? No staff costs needed. Can be used for Rugby and City. Obv away tickets have to be done else where. Similar software used by supermarkets at self scan tills. Less queues at ticket office on match day. Easy.

The old hut that used to sell tickets. What's happening?

Disappointed in stock changes. No City lunchbag anymore. No City wallpaper anymore. Why? 

Memorial garden/buy a brick/museum update please.

I'm surprised that they don't have their own app for bristol sport to buy tickets for all the teams, they just need to scan a eticket from their phone or print it out. 

6 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I'm surprised that they don't have their own app for bristol sport to buy tickets for all the teams, they just need to scan a eticket from their phone or print it out. 

Agreed. There's also software out there to make access codes on e-tickets very secure which would cut down on fraud.

Printing tickets seems very out of date.

Can you look into the poor handling of the city Cardiff game ? Kick off moved 3 times   . 

Also the mates rates , good idea but  I try and invite mates from my lads football to watch city , and then I have to embarrassingly go back and ask them for  dates of birth , postcode , mobile number , shoe size etc. I understand why the club do it , maybe a reason the derby gate might not be as big as it could have been ? 

25 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Can the club confirm its position on the Safety Advisory Group not publishing minutes? Bristol City Council has previously refused a request to do so: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ashton_gate_safety_advisory_grou

I don't understand why they didn't publish the minutes. They could easily censor any confidential info e.g. names etc and release the minutes. 

Bristol City Council at it's finest.

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I don't understand why they didn't publish the minutes. They could easily censor any confidential info e.g. names etc and release the minutes. 

Bristol City Council at it's finest.

Indeed. It seems top secret such that we can't even know when meetings have been held, where they have been held or who was in attendance.

9 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Indeed. It seems top secret such that we can't even know when meetings have been held, where they have been held or who was in attendance.

Can only think the SAG meetings are some sort of smokescreen for a secret underground rebellion and resistance, attempting to overthrow President Trump with the power of H&S laws... The White House will be condemned for dodgy plumbing and unsafe standing. They'll chuck Trump out whilst repairs are made and then he'll be barred...

I shall say this only once...

88e56eeedbfbd6feff0313e9dc280adf.jpg

45 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Can you look into the poor handling of the city Cardiff game ? Kick off moved 3 times   . 

Also the mates rates , good idea but  I try and invite mates from my lads football to watch city , and then I have to embarrassingly go back and ask them for  dates of birth , postcode , mobile number , shoe size etc. I understand why the club do it , maybe a reason the derby gate might not be as big as it could have been ? 

Find this slightly strange, and I've seen another poster say the same a few days ago, but between me and someone else we got 3 mates rates tickets in total, and at no point were we asked for any info at all about the 3 extra people coming. Weird that it's inconsistent between different people.

17 minutes ago, BCFC101 said:

Find this slightly strange, and I've seen another poster say the same a few days ago, but between me and someone else we got 3 mates rates tickets in total, and at no point were we asked for any info at all about the 3 extra people coming. Weird that it's inconsistent between different people.

Think the club need to look into this as they will not encourage new support, surely if we are getting a mate a ticket on these offers they have our season ticket numbers so if anything went wrong the season card holder is responable 

3 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

Think the club need to look into this as they will not encourage new support, surely if we are getting a mate a ticket on these offers they have our season ticket numbers so if anything went wrong the season card holder is responable 

Yep, do agree that this needs looking at because clearly something has gone wrong somewhere. I wonder if it's anything to do with if you buy online or over the phone? All 3 of the tickets we got were bought online.

Archived