IGNORED

FAN meeting - TONIGHT (Merged)

Dollymarie

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I think pretty much all the questions that have been asked have been put on the agenda for tonight. 

IMG_1971.PNG

Good idea ....it makes total sense to have a 'draft' of 'fan' issues, so that the club gets 'wind' of them before hand, then hopefully everyone can have a 'blow' by 'blow' account of the meeting and avoid any 'storms' in teacup situations.   :) 

(PS.. that said, it appears people are still 'blown away' by hand dryer situations)

Not happy with answer about lights kept on for evening games.

- The rake of the stand.  Personally I think there should have been handrails incorporated into the original design as elderly and people with some mobility issues find the rake (and the resultant narrowness of the steps) challenging.  Having the lights on does not help in any way or if it does it's very marginal.

- Late comers to the game.  They don't leave the ceiling lights on in a cinema to accommodate late arrivals.  This would spoil the experience of other cinema goers so why are lights left on at the game so it spoils it for everyone else?

The response from the club (which I don't buy) is that it's about adequate lighting.   I guess it's too late/expensive to do this now, but if that is their. stance some discrete lighting of the steps themselves as they do in cinema would be a solution that does not detract from the experience of everyone else.

I would like to know....

- How many recorded injuries have occurred by individuals as a result of the lights being off.  Surely this was in response to actual evidence?  If there are any injuries were they attributed to it being too dark or was it more to do with lack of handrails? Have there been less incidents since the light.have been kept on? If there have been no incidents, then leave the lights off and monitor how things go.

- How many other clubs leave the lights during the game?

Really pisses me off.

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It does seem strange to say that they are speaking to the suppliers. 

It should be fairly short dialogue. 

"These ####ing dryers still don't work properly. Get them changed by next week or we will cancel the contract and get them from elsewhere"

Sorted. 

It's because the company who supplied them have said there isn't a problem, the hand dryers in the Lansdown Stand were supplied by a different company and they aren't cold. The club are locked into a contract with the ones elsewhere in the stadium. 

Who the heck signed off the Tannoy as '100% working'? It would seem whoever tested it thought that a noise being generated was all that was needed to reach 100% presumably. Seems that whoever is signing off acceptance on behalf of the stadium needs a clout round the ear. Or wait - maybe they have had a few in the past and that's how they came to sign it off ?

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

It's because the company who supplied them have said there isn't a problem, the hand dryers in the Lansdown Stand were supplied by a different company and they aren't cold. The club are locked into a contract with the ones elsewhere in the stadium. 

There is a pretty simple way to see if there is a problem with them..!

2 hours ago, Clarky89 said:

Very disappointing set of answers. They just can't get that balance between treating us as paying customers and supporters quite right. 

Yep just read them again and it enhanced my initial perception - reads like a politician's answers to questions. Lots of the questions were deflected. Who was answering them?

10 hours ago, hodge said:

FWIW on the signage as I don't always sit in the same place and can never remember which way they go I and those I go with take random punts on which end of a block we should be going in, but we get there early enough its not really an issue if we're wrong. As for the response of 'there's always a steward' surely it makes more sense to get a few signs made rather than people having to go and ask the steward and potentially causing more crowding to the block entrances and creating extra for stewards to do for the sake of what is likely pocket change to the club. 

I thought that response was a load of rubbish and quite insulting. I think even a football fan who has had a few wouldn't be 'confused' by this on a sign

E24                                            

SEATS  0-25.               SEATS 26 -50

Or as we have signage like this:

E24       E23                                        E23      E22

SEATS 26 -50       SEATS 0-25             SEATS 26-50   SEATS 0-25

Other grounds seem to have fans that can work it out and even find it useful. I've seen it at QPR and Reading this season, Fulham last season for example.  @Mkelly. Just because 'only' 3 people have mentioned it it doesn't mean it's a bad idea. #MakingFansInsulted

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I thought that response was a load of rubbish and quite insulting. I think even a football fan who has had a few wouldn't be 'confused' by this on a sign

E24                                            

SEATS  0-25.               SEATS 26 -50

Or as we have signage like this:

E24       E23                                        E23      E22

SEATS 26 -50       SEATS 0-25             SEATS 26-50   SEATS 0-25

Other grounds seem to have fans that can work it out and even find it useful. I've seen it at QPR and Reading this season, Fulham last season for example.  @Mkelly. Just because 'only' 3 people have mentioned it it doesn't mean it's a bad idea. #MakingFansInsulted

Agree - there seems to be too much measurement of 'quantity of said issue raised' rather than looking at issues on an individual basis. A very corporate tactic.

This issue above is the sort of thing that might annoy someone for 30 seconds at a game - but they forget and/or are not inclined to email when they get home. Doesn't mean it's not an issue though.

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

They are a totally different design aren't they. The Lansdown ones work and the Dolman/SS don't. Well if they do work they blow out cold air, and one hasn't worked for weeks. I remember there being a problem from when they were first installed, we were told they took the air temp from the outside air and was balanced by that, cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Well that didn't work! The driers aren't fit for purpose and the club should be as forceful with the suppliers as they are with other things.

• Admin
11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

This wasn't the case. I got 4 mates rates tickets. 2 for my ST and then seperately, 2 for my sons ST. 

You just select your seats, pick price category "mates rates" and then allocate them to your season ticket. At no point did it ask who they were for, or request any information about them. 

IF they did, which they didn't! Then it's not exactly a hardship to give a few details in return for a cheap ticket, or make them up..! 

This is quite amusing (can't remember the exact games now), two offers ago we were able to purchase like this with no questions asked.

Last season we had to provide names, addresses etc (my question was asked about advertising this fact), then for Derby bought numerous tickets for people and back to the beginning of not providing any details of who the tickets were for

Some consistency is the key here, makes you wonder what is going on that it changes each time?

• Admin
3 hours ago, Clarky89 said:

Very disappointing set of answers. They just can't get that balance between treating us as paying customers and supporters quite right. 

Poor answers given, can anyone who went to the FAN meeting confirm if these answers were actually challenged? ( @Dollymarie )

Just from the attachment on the previous page, I would query

• When were toilets EVER used in the fanzone for them to be abused? I can remember a Q&A question that was asked and the reason we never had them against Wigan was because the company we would have sourced from had currently been supplying to festivals and we would have to wait until they were returned etc
  • Speeding up HT queues, I wonder if those stats are the number of pints poured in a certain time or ACTUALLY poured AFTER the half ends and then restarts - there seem to be more and more people going down earlier now just to ensure they are served - and seems odd that the "pre-order" points that we had have now been removed
  • Stadium lighting - I've provided a simply solution to this a number of times, so it would resolve the issue

35 minutes ago, phantom said:

This is quite amusing (can't remember the exact games now), two offers ago we were able to purchase like this with no questions asked.

Last season we had to provide names, addresses etc (my question was asked about advertising this fact), then for Derby bought numerous tickets for people and back to the beginning of not providing any details of who the tickets were for

Some consistency is the key here, makes you wonder what is going on that it changes each time?

Names, addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers would be to put on their marketing data base.

39 minutes ago, phantom said:

Over phone or online?

Seems to differ depending- based on the accounts on here.

7 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Not happy with answer about lights kept on for evening games.

- The rake of the stand.  Personally I think there should have been handrails incorporated into the original design as elderly and people with some mobility issues find the rake (and the resultant narrowness of the steps) challenging.  Having the lights on does not help in any way or if it does it's very marginal.

- Late comers to the game.  They don't leave the ceiling lights on in a cinema to accommodate late arrivals.  This would spoil the experience of other cinema goers so why are lights left on at the game so it spoils it for everyone else?

The response from the club (which I don't buy) is that it's about adequate lighting.   I guess it's too late/expensive to do this now, but if that is their. stance some discrete lighting of the steps themselves as they do in cinema would be a solution that does not detract from the experience of everyone else.

I would like to know....

- How many recorded injuries have occurred by individuals as a result of the lights being off.  Surely this was in response to actual evidence?  If there are any injuries were they attributed to it being too dark or was it more to do with lack of handrails? Have there been less incidents since the light.have been kept on? If there have been no incidents, then leave the lights off and monitor how things go.

- How many other clubs leave the lights during the game?

Really pisses me off.

It is nonsense, the flood lights alone give enough light to illuminate the stands so you can see what you are doing, the stairs etc - having lights shining directly into your eyes at night just ruins the whole atmosphere, the pitch no longer pops out like a magical display it's more like watching a game on a dull overcast day.

5 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Who the heck signed off the Tannoy as '100% working'? It would seem whoever tested it thought that a noise being generated was all that was needed to reach 100% presumably. Seems that whoever is signing off acceptance on behalf of the stadium needs a clout round the ear. Or wait - maybe they have had a few in the past and that's how they came to sign it off ?

Maybe they just piped some music through and thought, yeah sounds alright - and I agree. It's everything else that sounds crap through the system.

TOILETS IN FANZONE;

Are the club honestly saying that on a big game with a 18k + attendance with say 1,000 fans drinking and eating in the fanzone, and the Bar & Pizza already packed (one in one out) supporters are going to queue to go to the loo in there? Do any of the suits spend any time out there on a matchday?

Fans expect to enter and leave via the turnstiles just to go to the toilet, and then get annoyed when not allowed back out.

Stewards even direct them to KFC or the toilets over by the park (which are closed!) 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Over phone or online?

Seems to differ depending- based on the accounts on here.

Good point, and my error.

The one time I was asked for the additional details was when I did it over the phone - the other times have been online

22 minutes ago, myol'man said:

TOILETS IN FANZONE;

Are the club honestly saying that on a big game with a 18k + attendance with say 1,000 fans drinking and eating in the fanzone, and the Bar & Pizza already packed (one in one out) supporters are going to queue to go to the loo in there? Do any of the suits spend any time out there on a matchday?

TBF you do see them "patrolling" the Fanzone, SBP and Concourses to check that all is going smoothly. 

I honestly cannot recall any portable toilets ever being deployed in the FZ though. 

48 minutes ago, myol'man said:

TOILETS IN FANZONE;

Fans expect to enter and leave via the turnstiles just to go to the toilet, and then get annoyed when not allowed back out.

Stewards even direct them to KFC or the toilets over by the park (which are closed!) 

In February the answer was different.

Q5.  Toilets in the FanZone

Is this feasible – if so, in what time-scale?

A5.  We don’t really want to bring portaloos into that area, which is in line with feedback we’ve had from our own supporters.  At present we’d ask fans to head into the Sports Bar and use the toilet facilities in there. Longer-term, we are looking at what solutions are available to improve the FanZone, including toilets.

I challenged that ;

It does seem odd.

'When drinking in the car park, would you like fewer facilities and the chance to queue up on a one-in, one-off basis to use the toilet in the sports bar?'

'YES! fewer facilities and a lack of sanitation would improve my match day experience!'

I'd love to know how they did this feedback session.

And then @Dollymarie said that FAN had never been asked their views.

18 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Please don't shoot the messenger! I'm just feeding back the clubs answers, I wasn't entirely happy with some of the answers either. The next FAN will be before a Saturday home game, so more people can come along and hopefully get involved.  

Yeah don't worry, don't think anyone's aiming any dissatisfaction at you. Thanks for relaying what was said.

Poor set of answers though, dismissive and uninterested.

15 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

This wasn't the case. I got 4 mates rates tickets. 2 for my ST and then seperately, 2 for my sons ST. 

You just select your seats, pick price category "mates rates" and then allocate them to your season ticket. At no point did it ask who they were for, or request any information about them. 

IF they did, which they didn't! Then it's not exactly a hardship to give a few details in return for a cheap ticket, or make them up..! 

I rang the club up and was asked for my friends name , addresses , email , and had to set a supporter if number.    Why would I lie ?  The  scheme certainly didn't add many to the actual attendance.  

Can assure you that they would not sell me one in the shop so went straight outside and phoned the supporters services who would not sell me one with out friend email address, mobile number and yes had to be set up for a supporters ID, did think at the time is it worth the bother, the club want more people through the gates but then make it hard to buy a ticket, perhaps some of us are to honest and actually went back to our friends for the information  

Archived